The Conte Thread

11 minutes ago, Henrique said:

No excuses for losing 2-1 against Palace at home (in tha game Conte made some very bad calls, like starting Pedro in the "Moses role", or for not winnning our remaining games +beating West Bromwich. If Spurs win this league, Conte must be sacked no matter what.

We should've won that Palace game, none of that was on Conte tbh. Who else is he going to start in that Moses role please?

2 minutes ago, nono said:

He deserves the blame just as much though. Something should have been done now about our woeful midfield performances against top teams. Also, bringing on Loftus Cheek so late just showed he was just throwing out a prayer for us to get a goal because he had no clue on what to do when they had marked Hazard out of the game.

As for our board, they're a disgrace. Keep paying 30m+ pounds for journeymen who stick with us forever and are never given the boot.

What could he have done though, specifically about the starting XI for this game? Maybe start Ake as the LWB instead of Azpi (who in truth looked absolutely clueless).

When Alonso was out with illness, I knew we were in trouble because most of our good play in the last few games has come from our left side with interchange between him  and  Eden.

Our squad is weak and lightweight. Man United have a much deeper and stronger squad than we do. We have no pure alternative for Alonso. One mistake Conte made was letting Baba Rahman go and another was not quickly integrating Ake in the team after he returned from loan. Like I said, he could have played LWB and is a better fit as a CB in a back 3 than Zouma is.

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

We should've won that Palace game, none of that was on Conte tbh. Who else is he going to start in that Moses role please?

Willian is more suited to that role than Pedro, I think its not difficult to see that Willian got more defensive skills than Pedro, Zouma coulve have started with Azpi playing in the "Moses role", also, 3-6-1 is not mandatory. If you dont have the right players, try something else. If Conte think its better keep his formation intact despite not having the right player available, than trying something else, then its not a good thing, and thats not something that a "tactical genius" does.

Just now, Henrique said:

Willian is more suited to that role than Pedro, I think its not difficult to see that Willian got more defensive skills than Pedro, Zouma coulve have started with Azpi playing in the "Moses role", also, 3-6-1 is not mandatory. If you dont have the right players, try something else. If Conte think its better keep his formation intact despite not having the right player available, than trying something else, then its not a good thing, and thats not something that a "tactical genius" does.

Did you see Azpi in that Moses role today?

7 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Don't care about losing to United. They are not as shit as many of you think. The gap still is 4 points. Thats HUGE when there are only 6 games left. Spurs last 6 games are harder than ours, and its really hard to see them winning them all. No reason to panic.

Is it really hard though? They are scoring goals for fun, and now that we´ve lost, their players will have more motivation to keep doing that.

I'm not saying we'll lose the league, I´ll go mental if we do, but let´s not think everything is safe and the title is ours just yet.

Think he needs to show more faith in RLC and Ake in the last games. Squad definitely needs more depth and quality come the summer, outside of Fabregas there's no one who changes things. Willian does nothing, why use him.

+ Without Alonso and Moses both as wing backs 343 doesn't really work, would switch to 4231 with either out for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

Is it really hard though? They are scoring goals for fun, and now that we´ve lost, their players will have more motivation to keep doing that.

I'm not saying we'll lose the league, I´ll go mental if we do, but let´s not think everything is safe and the title is ours just yet.

Not saying everything is safe, I'm saying we are still HUGE favorites to win the league.

Need some huge balls from Conte now. Maybe  even a change in formation or at least starting personnell if Alonso does not get fit again? Big calls to make.Conte is a very good manager. The coming weeks will show if he is also the best. 

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Need some huge balls from Conte now. Maybe  even a change in formation or at least starting personnell if Alonso does not get fit again? Big calls to make.Conte is a very good manager. The coming weeks will show if he is also the best. 

For me once even a single member of what is considered our starting XI is injured, then the 3-4-3 system has to be changed, at least until we seriously beef up the squad and buy some quality in the summer. Go back to a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, ffs. 3-4-3 isn't do or die. 

Conte also had similar problems in the CL against  pressing/high intensity opponents with Juve due to his over-insistence with the 3-5-2. I'm not advocating changing from a 3-4-3 permanently, I love the system and it's unique to us and him but right now, we're not deep enough ot good enough to always go down that route.

1 minute ago, Beigl said:

To be honest he got out-coached by Mourinho today and couldn´t deliver answers in the second half. That being said he is still the best manager of the league by far.

Exactly. Mourinho is a serial under-achiever this season with that squad and the depth he has. I bet Sky is sucking his dick now, can't even bare to watch, the nauseating mess. He should be ashamed of himself for only being 6th with that squad. Conte has absolutely destroyed and dominated him this season. 

Looking at the fixtures, we are still massive favourites. Next week is a massive opportunity to inflict serious psychological damage. We better fucking turn up as we've been shit in general against the top sides this season.