test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

4,617 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, Dahnald said:

Yellow journalism on Twitter saying the board isn't pushing for Conte's transfer targets.

Even though our season officially ends after the FA Cup final this weekend....

Very, very certain our board give Conte a big, fat, new contract with a huge pay rise and a big chest of fresh dough for them transfers.

Would it really surprise anyone???

It happened before.

Fernando, Johnnyeye and laura90 like this

11 hours ago, manpe said:

It can be competitive and entertaining at the same time. In fact competition breeds entertainment, this is why leagues like in Spain, France, Italy are boring. A competitive league can consist of great teams and shit teams, doesn't matter, lack of quality doesn't exclude nor include competitiveness - both are separate things that can coexist. How people can suggest that EPL isn't the most competitive among elite leagues is beyond me, what is it then? We start each season with 6 title hopefuls, what other elite league has that? Yes it is full of mediocre teams that can beat each other and as such the league winner isn't pre-decided before the season starts, isn't that like the definition of tough competition?

Competitive in Europe

11 hours ago, -Kaplan- said:

Competitive in Europe

No, the original point by @Clockwork and the post you quoted was about the league. If you are changing the subject to Champions League, then that's a whole different story and has nothing to do with what I said.

20 hours ago, manpe said:

No, the original point by @Clockwork and the post you quoted was about the league. If you are changing the subject to Champions League, then that's a whole different story and has nothing to do with what I said.

I know what his original point was. I quoted him as a means to make MY statement that not only is the English league average domestically, it's not competitive in Europe. 

You decided to jump in and make assumptions. 

2 hours ago, -Kaplan- said:

I know what his original point was. I quoted him as a means to make MY statement that not only is the English league average domestically, it's not competitive in Europe. 

You decided to jump in and make assumptions. 

Yes, not competitive in Europe, I agree. What assumptions? You quoted Clockwork and I quoted you, I was replying to both of you, not only you, so no assumptions. Even if I missed your point, it was still relevant to what Clockwork said and you seemed to agree with him with that picture and saying "the truth, it hurts", hence why I quoted you as somebody who agreed with him.

-Kaplan- likes this

Antonio Conte's new deal has been reached in principle on a 5 year contract. Annual salary will be €11m (via @DavidAmoyal/@DiMarzio) #CFC

There's also a clause that would force the club to pay Conte a €20m penalty should he be sacked. (via @DavidAmoyal/@DiMarzio) #CFC

Conte: "For sure if the club give me the possibility to extend my contract, I'm available to do this. I hope to stay here many years" #CFC

Conte: "The best solution for a coach to stay at a club for a long time and build something important." #CFC

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10894023/antonio-conte-hopeful-of-long-term-chelsea-future 

"The best solution for a coach is to stay at a club for a long time and build something important," Conte said.

he has spoken the jinx word. He wants to stay for long :(

If there is one thing I have learned from being a Chelsea fan for 12 years (wow can't believe it has been that long ) it is we cannot ever have a long term manager never ever! Our club and fans are too short term oriented - don't get me wrong this short term mentality is what has helped us win so many trophies over the years. It is a really good thing and it is because of that, we will/can never have a long term manager. Also if we do intend to keep a manager for long term then the club needs to listen and buy the kind of players that the manager wants rather than the players they like to see. And I think their not listening to the manager is kind of a indication that they want players that will come good even if they change the manager which aligns with the fact that they will pull the trigger any time 

Fernando likes this

2 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10894023/antonio-conte-hopeful-of-long-term-chelsea-future 

he has spoken the jinx word. He wants to stay for long :(

If there is one thing I have learned from being a Chelsea fan for 12 years (wow can't believe it has been that long ) it is we cannot ever have a long term manager never ever! Our club and fans are too short term oriented - don't get me wrong this short term mentality is what has helped us win so many trophies over the years. It is a really good thing and it is because of that, we will/can never have a long term manager. Also if we do intend to keep a manager for long term then the club needs to listen and buy the kind of players that the manager wants rather than the players they like to see. And I think their not listening to the manager is kind of a indication that they want players that will come good even if they change the manager which aligns with the fact that they will pull the trigger any time 

I think now things have changed. 

Failing not to get top top 4 will not be the end of the world. 

#Chelsea are poised to back Antonio Conte in this transfer market this summer with a massive transfer kitty. [Mirror]

Abramovich will hand Conte a transfer budget of around £200million, with Lukaku, Van Dijk and Bakayoko on his list of targets. [Telegraph]

#Chelsea are also looking for a full-back, a wide player + a new back-up goalkeeper with Asmir Begovic set to join Bournemouth. [Telegraph]

Johnnyeye likes this

If he's backed properly this summer and brings in young, high potential players I see no reason why he can't become our first long term Roman era manager. He doesn't have an abrasive personality that clashes with players and he's far too classy to pick fights with other managers or the media. Unless there's an absolute disaster akin to 15/16 which I cannot see happening, I think he'll build something special here.

Seems like after winning the title we party too much and took it easy. 

Was not ready for this game. 

Oh well at least it should put conte in a mode for the pre season and transfer market. Because the squad is still woeful to me. Conte did a great job but won't be again if we don't buy good players. 

We shall see if it's more of the same. Because lately the club has been woeful in the transfer market when it comes to buying the manager target. 

Heisenberg and kellzfresh like this