The Conte Thread

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Why are people so defensive over the board having a say in transfers? If we left it totally to the manager's Drogba would have been shafted out for Adriano, just saying!!!!!

18 minutes ago, manpe said:

Why? Nothing we didn't already know, by now it's been a pretty wide knowledge that Granovskaia and Emenalo are our main managers of transfers. Doesn't mean that they pick and choose every single player.

So youre happy with our manager not being in charge of or at least having a veto as far as transfers go?

It leads to spending £30 odd million on players that keep the bench warm because the manager has no faith in his playing ability.

He has at least earened the right to be given that chance to fuck up by himself.

Who knows, IF Mou was given the chance to bring in players the summer after we won (which is the sensible thing to do after a winning season) then things might just have turned out alot different

I am only surmising that Mou wasn't allowed transfers. It may have been his reasons we didn't do business that summer as I stated above.t

Tactical fouling of Eden Hazard is a matter of ‘respect’, insists Conte
The top 10 most fouled players in the Premier League this season

Eden Hazard – 75

Wilfried Zaha – 72

Diego Costa – 62

Paul Pogba – 58

Dele Alli – 52

Adam Smith – 50

Ashley Barnes – 50

Joe Allen – 49

Erik Pieters – 47

Raheem Sterling – 45

http://www.squawka.com/news/antonio-conte-not-worried-about-opposing-teams-targeting-chelsea-winger-eden-hazard/920727#h08q7YkRexKy7IJC.99

People need to realize that our managers actually have a big influence on our transfer targets. You just need to look at which players we 've been linked with since we signed Conte as our manager. 

The majority of them are either Italian or play in the Italian league. Clear examples are players like Koulibaly and Nainggolan. In the summer we made a number of bids for both these 2 players.

I mean yes sometimes the board themselves recommend a promising player (like Batshuayi) to the manager but i'm certain that they first discuss it with the manager before buying.

I don't get why people have such difficulty with the board having the final say on transfers. Whether it's a board or a manager both will have bad transfers and good ones.

Also i'd like to point out that we actually did go for Stones and Pogba in the summer after our PL title. It was reported that we made bids for both.

His celebrations are getting longer. He wants to congratulate everyone and say ta to the fans,

(Video) Antonio Conte goes crazy after Chelsea defeat Stoke City to go 13 points clear at the Premier League summit

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2017/03/18/video-conte-goes-crazy-as-chelsea-go-13-points-clear/

On 3/17/2017 at 9:43 PM, Belgiannutt said:

People need to realize that our managers actually have a big influence on our transfer targets. You just need to look at which players we 've been linked with since we signed Conte as our manager. 

The majority of them are either Italian or play in the Italian league. Clear examples are players like Koulibaly and Nainggolan. In the summer we made a number of bids for both these 2 players.

I mean yes sometimes the board themselves recommend a promising player (like Batshuayi) to the manager but i'm certain that they first discuss it with the manager before buying.

I don't get why people have such difficulty with the board having the final say on transfers. Whether it's a board or a manager both will have bad transfers and good ones.

Also i'd like to point out that we actually did go for Stones and Pogba in the summer after our PL title. It was reported that we made bids for both.

People would rather hate on the board than listen to facts tbh.