The Conte Thread

17 hours ago, manpe said:

And some other articles said Conte understood the difficulties of signing players in January and was willing to wait until summer. Who is right?

I think last summer is what worrying me the most. Luiz and Alonso weren't players Conte really wanted. Nainggolan, Koulibaly, Lukaku/Morata. I don't agree with all the players Conte wanted but I think he knows better. We couldn't get any of these. Hopefully it will be changed this summer with Oscar, possible Costa China money we get.

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Antonio Conte wants more control over the club's transfer policy before he commits to a new contract in the summer. (Times - subscription required)

Hope its complete bullshit BUT I dont know about you guys but this worries me some.

Has loud echoes of Mou!!

If a manager that has walked in taking over the palaver of a season we just had and turned us on our arse to put us within a gnats bollock of winning the PL again cant be trusted to bring in the players he wants then we are up shit street.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

Luckily he got enough to challenge for the title. It might have been a blessing in disguise too, Conte was busy with Euros last summer and it's questionable how much time he had to analyze the squad in depth without having actually worked with them. Now that he has we might have a clearer idea of who he wants now. It's also possible the board didn't trust him enough last summer, there shouldn't be any trust issues anymore. I expect a strong window now that we have more money, two league titles in three years and a better image. Last summer we were the team that imploded and finished 10th playing shit, no CL football either. We will definitely be a more appealing destination for a lot of players now with the positive reputation we are gaining and CL football. I'm confident we'll get a few cracking players.

This is what I am saying we will find out this summer more. Because we need at least a few high quality players next season. There's no way we will continue to play this way with CL football.

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Hope its complete bullshit BUT I dont know about you guys but this worries me some.

Has loud echoes of Mou!!

If a manager that has walked in taking over the palaver of a season we just had and turned us on our arse to put us within a gnats bollock of winning the PL again cant be trusted to bring in the players he wants then we are up shit street.

We are in danger of losing conte if this rumour is true I'm  starting to think is Batshuayi signed by Michael Emenalo not Conte 

On 16/03/2017 at 2:37 PM, the wes said:

We are in danger of losing conte if this rumour is true I'm  starting to think is Batshuayi signed by Michael Emenalo not Conte 

I think that was pretty clear from soon after season opened.

What it makes me wonder is if I was blaming Mou for us not reinforcing after winning the league after I thought his ego was telling him he could win with the same lads again and all the while Emenalo was telling |Roman we didn't need to buy in OR Roman thought it himself OR there was a knot in the purse strings for some reason or other.

I just hope it gets sorted or we will have the inevitable revolving managers door yet again (UNLESS of course Roman wants Conte out to bring in Simeone)

BUT THEN AGAIN WOULD WE REALLY WANT THIS????

According to The Times, Conte was disappointed to see Chelsea sell the experienced Oscar, Branislav Ivanovic and John Obi Mikel in January, and has therefore asked for greater control on arrivals and departures.

6 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

17362057_10209035187745374_6096858601787147666_n.jpg

Many different sources say the same thing. I hope Conte won't budge. Good thing that he's still not fulfilled in the Champions League as a manager so he'll push for reinforcements.

Antonio Conte denies wanting more control over Chelsea transfers

Really not liking this bit

transfers, which are currently managed by director Marina Granovskaia and technical director Michael Emenalo.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10804927/antonio-conte-denies-wanting-more-control-over-chelsea-transfers

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10804927/antonio-conte-denies-wanting-more-control-over-chelsea-transfers

If they fuck up again like last 2 seasons, expect Conte to leave Chelsea much sooner than 2019/2020. 

He left Juventus for the exact same reason. Because their board also failed to deliver in his eyes. 

1 minute ago, BoyBlue96 said:

If they fuck up again like last 2 seasons, expect Conte to leave Chelsea much sooner than 2019/2020. 

He left Juventus for the exact same reason. Because their board also failed to deliver in his eyes. 

I'm afraid so would I mate.

Being manager of the supposed current best team in England and not being able to pick my own players would send me crazy.

But Shirley that would be an important term in the contract before ytou signed it. Specially if it was said to be a problem with the previous mnanger too.

But it seems Conte is calling BS on the problem so we shall see in the summer.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Why? Nothing we didn't already know, by now it's been a pretty wide knowledge that Granovskaia and Emenalo are our main managers of transfers. Doesn't mean that they pick and choose every single player.

59 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

53 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I'm afraid so would I mate.

Being manager of the supposed current best team in England and not being able to pick my own players would send me crazy.

But Shirley that would be an important term in the contract before ytou signed it. Specially if it was said to be a problem with the previous mnanger too.

But it seems Conte is calling BS on the problem so we shall see in the summer.

Why are people so defensive over the board having a say in transfers? If we left it totally to the manager's Drogba would have been shafted out for Adriano, just saying!!!!!