test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

4,618 posts in this topic

A tactical master, and appasionate for this sport like very few others. I Just love him.

I hope to have him many time here.

11Drogba and Johnnyeye like this

Now you have to buy Sanchez, Morata, Vidal (or Nainggolan though clearly inferior to Vidal) and a couple of defenders if Abramovich wants to reward Conte. 

Last Sicarius and Johnnyeye like this

In italy Newspapers talk about a possibility that Conte join Inter. 

It's fine that he is a professional, but he can not go from those prescribed failures of Milan. We are super happy with Allegri, Antonio must remain At Chelsea. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Imagine beating Arsenal, never switching to 3 at the back and Tottenham winning the league.

Arsenal stopped their closest rivals AND beat their other rival. What a season for them :D

Sideshow Luiz, manpe and Johnnyeye like this

Ancient greats like Da Vinci & Michelangelo did enough then, to make people now, still fall in love with Italy & consider it a second home. Especially for the artists & architect lovers.

Modern Italians like Conte could have the same effect. Specifically Conte, because he carries a philosophy; a philosophy built around sport, around motivation, around tactics. That's something to study. That's something real. Conte's enough reason for someone to fall in love with football, and perhaps in turn, life.
The Italian feel is in his face, his clothes, the way his team plays, and all of it's an attractive energy. It's a calm energy. It's confidence. And you just want to go where this energy comes from.

There's no coincidence that only the Italian PL winning managers are gentlemen. Conte, Ranieri, Ancelotti. All fabulous people. Mourinho, Wenger, SAF. All leagues behind in that intangible, charismatic quality, and none of them exude the same warm feeling the Italians do. That OUR Italians do. I'm glad blue is both our & Italy's NT colour. There's no other nation we're so connected with.
(Even our CL-winning manager was Italian, and a gentleman. Vialli was crucial for us too.)

Johnnyeye and manpe like this

2 hours ago, Zenza001 said:

In italy Newspapers talk about a possibility that Conte join Inter. 

It's fine that he is a professional, but he can not go from those prescribed failures of Milan. We are super happy with Allegri, Antonio must remain At Chelsea. 

Conte said his will is to stay at Chelsea 

So for now they are inventions of the "gazzetta". The only reason to return in Italy would be the family and a revenge on marotta.

Johnnyeye likes this

I found this quote from I think Gary Neville. 

"You can win all the cups you want, but there's nothing like winning the Premier League title. It has to be a priority."

But to me is the truth. Winning the FA Cup, Captial One are great.

CL is amazing in itself, but the bread and butter should always be PL. 

Is true that Conte did not do good in the CL with Juventus, and if that turns out to be the same with us I would not care as much just as long we continue to do well in the PL. 

I mean look at SAF, he made his mark on winning PL, did not won as much CL. CL are very hard to win year to year. 

We will try to win the CL in the coming season but if we continue to do well in the PL then that is all that matters to me. 

Beigl, Tomo, DYC. and 1 other like this

Although I'll keep saying we need to up our mentality & quality, because I really do believe we need to expect 10+ more points than what we got this season if we want to build and not plateu;

Chelsea - 87pts
Juventus - 85pts
Bayern - 76pts
Barcelona - 84pts
Monaco - 86pts

Best in Europe, really, and it's exciting knowing we would've won the majority of games if we played 10 back-to-back vs. Juventus. They'd eclipsed us for a time, but for as long as they have a less than special manager, our teams are equal.

Which in itself for Juventus is still crazy considering how long they were dormant. To even be on our level was at first a great thing for them, almost unthinkable. Then it wasn't established, but it happened, they were level around 2012 onwards. They clearly eclipsed us during Conte's end there, and now they're more in reality IMO, waiting to be taken back up above us.

And who took Juventus above the best in England? Conte. 1 masterpiece so far, and this is a great start to a 2nd.

Johnnyeye likes this