The Conte Thread

12 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

So we extend his contract some half a year in and a few months later scrap that whole thing and offer a new contract? I don't understand it, what was the point of extending then?

13 hours ago, manpe said:

So we extend his contract some half a year in and a few months later scrap that whole thing and offer a new contract? I don't understand it, what was the point of extending then?

Not just extending tho. he's getting more dosh

Found this interesting report from a few weels back

The Inside Track: Explaining Antonio Conte’s Post-Game Behaviours

http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/the-inside-track-explaining-antonio-contes-post-game-behaviours

47 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

I am just afraid that Conte may rest some players which would be a huge mistake to do. Just play our best team.

Nothing can be told from that comment. It's what he says in almost every press conference. The exceptions have been when he intends to put out a squad team. On those occasions he has trailed that fact at the presser. No trail this time and I'm betting no rotation either. From the moment the draw was made there has been no doubt in my mind that he would go strong for this game.

I understand reporters,media guys are paid for getting and putting different spins on the same old shite 99% of others in their place are doing but Conte (and all other managers) must get royaslly pissed off by the same questions week after week. They know by now Conte wouuld never comment about another players future or try to comment about how that players thoughts are. He also wont comment on future tactics,formations or players in future teams. Yet they continue to ask them, wording said questions in different ways.

And to try to ask him what he thinks about how vinegar tits has been treated or about mind games with Mou well you know they wont get answers they are hoping for.

It must be like getting blood out of a stone.

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Ibra banned for 3 matches, that means he wont play us on monday?

On one hand I like playing teams at both sides full strengths as it gives the other manager no excuses (unless its Mou of course and he will find one somehow)

But as this cunt is their most dangerous (in more ways than one) player then its big time in our favour. Be like playing Spuds without the king spud Kane.IMHO.

Completely agree that an ambitious summer needs to be attempted, and attempted in exactly the positions @The Skipper suggests. Four top signings in one extremely competitive, and extremely expensive, window will take some doing however.

On 10/03/2017 at 11:00 AM, Tautvix said:

I am just afraid that Conte may rest some players which would be a huge mistake to do. Just play our best team.

I don't think that will be a mistake, actually that will the right thing to do.

5 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Only 4?

I'm glad you are not the one behind transfer market, because the team you created isn't any better than the current starting XI. lol

In my books Azpi should not be playing as a CB next season. He is doing great this season, but he is not a CB. Alonso is miles better than Moses, and I can see he becoming a better player in the future, while game after game I get more convinced that Moses is ultra limited.

I do agree we need someone else in attack and in the mid, but for CL football we should be looking more to an Arturo Vidal or Xabi Alonso kind of signing than getting a bunch of u23 from League 1. The current squad lacks European experience and is more likely to produce a PSG horror show than emulate the heroics of 11/12 season.

The core of this squad were part of the past 4 mediocre UCL seasons, and even Hazard is yet to produce a great performance in a big game in Europe, and the reason for that, imo, is the transfer policy after 2012, when it seems the club is only interest in getting u23 players.