The Conte Thread

5 minutes ago, Barbara said:

Meant banned from posting on this thread, which obviously was a figure of speech, not literally, as people can't even be banned from one thread.
I couldn't keep reading through the many pages I was behind and when I skipped to the last page there were people nitpicking again.
I just find it to be extremely spoiled and spoiling for people to put everything under the microscope.
I came to post about the important win today, about finally giving Cesc a start in a match Matic had no point starting, to say I'm so happy and relieved for having him, a world class manager in every aspect of the job.
But I was deflected by a few posts and decided to vent.
If people can vent about nonexistent mistakes he made today and in other occasions, I can vent about the nonexistent need of said things, even if this is a forum.

That explains it. There was definitely some nitpicking a while ago when we weren't playing too well, so I can understand if you were behind and read all those that had accumulated (let's be fair, in the grand scheme nobody is critical of Conte).

36 minutes ago, manpe said:

That explains it. There was definitely some nitpicking a while ago when we weren't playing too well, so I can understand if you were behind and read all those that had accumulated (let's be fair, in the grand scheme nobody is critical of Conte).

Manpe your making too much sense lately. Everything ok?

15 hours ago, Jason said:

Have to say, for all the good things Conte is doing, he's quite questionable when it comes to making substitution. Could have been sitting here and talking about points dropped had it not been for Pedro and Fabianski.

At that moment, I am not sure what should we do, we already playing attacking lineup with cesc on the field, maybe willian for moses/Alonso is the next but I think it was too early

Sometimes I disagree with his sub but against swansea I agree 100%, the moment we scored Matic is badly needed because we need more steel in midfield and taller player.

9 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Have to say it's quite pointless talking about something that didn't happen.

Well, I did say 'could...'. Anyway, I was only looking at the bigger picture. Making early subs when needed doesn't seem to be Conte's strongest point or one of his strongest and while we dominated yesterday, the game was heading nowhere and there was no change or anything with 20 minutes to go. Thankfully Pedro scored and everything went according to plan but 'things' could have turned out very differently.

4 hours ago, communicate said:

At that moment, I am not sure what should we do, we already playing attacking lineup with cesc on the field, maybe willian for moses/Alonso is the next but I think it was too early

Sometimes I disagree with his sub but against swansea I agree 100%, the moment we scored Matic is badly needed because we need more steel in midfield and taller player.

No one is disagreeing with the subs after going 2-1 up...

7 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

We have the best goal difference stat for the last 30 minutes. You may not like Conte's substitutions or timing of them but in the last 30 minutes we dominate.

jEtqLll.jpg

http://www.soccerstats.com/timing.asp?league=england

We like the Second half.

Reports suggest that Antonio Conte could return to Italy with Inter at the end of the season.

According to La Repubblica, the Chelsea boss is suffering from homesickness in London and would prefer a return to Italy, should the Blues win the Premier League title.

The report suggests that the Suning Group in charge of the Nerazzurri have already sent representatives to discuss an offer for next season with the former Juventus boss.

Further information in Tuttosport points to a situation whereby current Coach Stefano Pioli will only remain in position should his side qualify for the Champions League this term.

A defeat to Roma last night sees Inter in sixth place in the table, six points behind Napoli in third.

Don't know what to think of it. But he has already seen the Serie A. Already conquered it three times. He is Juventus trough and trough and him joining Inter will destroy his legacy in Turin. Their fans won't forgive him.

Can't see this happening but this is a crazy world. IF it happens, my heart will split in two. I love this wonderful man and to me, like Mourinho once was, he is one of us.

He's not going there, his agent is probably activating rumors to get a big fat pay check in the summer and rightly so, when you see how much he earns compared to other managers in the Premier League.

Does he even earn more than our best paid players ? 

29 minutes ago, Adnane said:

He's not going there, his agent is probably activating rumors to get a big fat pay check in the summer and rightly so, when you see how much he earns compared to other managers in the Premier League.

I don't think he earns more than our worst paid players :D

33 minutes ago, Adnane said:

Does he earn more than the ridiculously overhyped and overpaid Loftus-Cheek? 

I love the guy. I was thinking like alot of us that the Mancs would be runaways fighting between them but I just love the energy Contes got and how its rubbing off onto the lads. Some of the football the guys have played this season has been the best Ive seen us play.

Of course we can and will get better. And Europe next season will all depend on players we can get in the summer.Jus

The only thing Ive got negative to say about him is the way he brings Bats on with 2 or 3 mins left on the clock. I see no sense to it at all. Now IF its to maybe break up play because other teams on top with 1 goal down or drawing or run down time then OK but spread the players round. Its got to really get into Bats head when that happens. Its plain that hes just not one of his fave players and hes got that right not to use him.

This cracked me up. What a load of bollox!

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte could return home to Serie A in the summer, according to an Italian newspaper.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/gossip-report-claims-conte-quit-chelsea-man-utd-reportedly-watched-celtic-star

1 hour ago, Antonio8 said:

unionjack maybe conte want to sell bats..i agree it's humiliating for the player to make 2 minutes in every match

Yes mate and of course this is his right to use or not use players he thinks good enough. So he obviously doesn't think of him on our level.

It would be interesting tho to find out if HE recomended buying him or even agreed to it.

But either way I cant see him not using the lad IF he was good enough just to make a point.  He seems like the kinda manager that you know exactly where you stand with him.

Just a shame with the subbing.