The Conte Thread

12 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Exclusive: Conte and Chelsea have reached an agreement with the management of #CFC for a contract extension till June 30, 2020 (TMW)

It's great and bad news at the same time. Great because he is one of the best managers in the world and transformed our team completely, but at the same time are we sure that next season everything is not gonna fall like it did in Jose's 3rd season and we gonna have to pay huge summ to sack him or something like that happens

On 31/01/2017 at 8:29 PM, Jason said:

I know the 3-4-3 has gotten us results over the last few months but can't quite understand Conte's reluctance to switch to 3-5-2 in the big games. We have seen the side getting overrun and coming under huge pressure in matches and he's always brought on Fabregas and every time, we've seen him help us control the games better and even start to create some really good opportunities. So I don't get why Conte doesn't go with that from the start? There's no point playing 3 upfront if the guys behind them can't keep possession and create any chances.

On a slightly more positive note, this squad has so many flaws and it needs some serious operation if we are to challenge big time again in Europe, never mind the Premier League. But somehow despite the flaws, Conte has managed to build a strong unit to challenge for the title and sit 9 points clear after 23 games. IF we do end up winning the league, we should consider building a statue of him outside the Bridge.

On 01/02/2017 at 2:05 AM, Henrique said:

Most of this post doesn't make any sense. First, the formation is not 3-4-3, its 3-6-1, and while the team suffered "huge pressure" even in games with positive results: 1st half against Spurs months ago, and first 55 minutes of that game against City, today wasn't a game the team suffered "huge pressure". Even 2-0 defeat to Spurs weeks ago came after two defensive mistakes. Spurs never made "huge pressure". So this post doesn't reflect the match I saw, and your negative post (with that bold IF) also doesn't reflect the current table and the team's momentum.

Its really weird posts like this are becoming popular in this forum.

mate, don't you know we have tactical geniuses here that know better than Conte? People who has magic ways to prevent any team in the world to have less effective or good matches in 38 rounds throughout a whole season, to extinguish any sort of slump due to the long season - regardless of the lack of 6 extra matches because of UCL groups stage . Such superior coaches have it all figured out in their minds and did Conte listen to them - or even better - were they in charge, we wouldn't be 8 points ahead in the most challenging league in the world. We'd be 16.

Conte said months ago, before the 3-4-3 switch that we didn't have the personnel for a 3-5-2, although that was his plan. I don't know why, just a feeling, my sixth sense is somewhat sharp these days, and in this case it's telling me to stick with the manager's words. Just in this case.

Spot on in your analysis. We didn't have huge pressure in any of the matches mentioned. The team isn't achieving things as they were some months ago. Nothing new in football. Let's not consider European football a great addition in matches. As I said, it was six matches distributed in four months. It's not like they are the reason a team is tired in February or not...

15 hours ago, iceboy said:

So, only 1 year extension..

I often said that 4 to 5 years is more then enough. 

If he does the 4 years then he can do short term contract like Pep did at Barcelona till he wants to leave. 

SAF thing should not be the norm. Pep should be the norm, a 3 to 5 year project. 

I dont know what the normal length of contract is thats given to new PL managers but you could imagine that Roman was a bit dubious about hiring anybody after the season we had with arguaby one of the best in the world. And while I dont think its necessary to have the 1 year extension with the lack of comitment anyone has towards a contract nowadays its more like Conte is being told thank you, you've done a crackin job so far and we trust you.

We all know we dont have the finished job teamwise. We need a few top class upgrades in the starting 11, but we have a good spirit most of the time and commitment to improve. So with some new signings I can only see us getting better.

1 year extension. So what? If he does even better in the future and he enjoys life in London and at Chelsea they can give him another contract.
José got a 4 year extension after the 14/15 campaign and look where it brought us. Don't think Roman and the club want to make the same romantic mistake again. Conte already has 3 years left after this season. Enough time. 

The aim of the club should be to really compete with the likes of Bayern, Barcelona, Real and even Juventus who have to thank Conte for the position they're currently in. 

IF we reach their level between 3/4 years, why does he need to leave and for what club? Only if he fancies a new challenge and wants to leave.

Come on, I want a long-term manager who can build something. The whole manager merry-go-around at this club has become a pathetic, laughable thing. Appointing the wrong managers like AVB or sacking a manager like Carlo after his second season who has done so well here. Really hope Conte stays for a long time and gets the chance to build something. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Yeah just read those. He seems to be relaxing moreand finding his feet both at work and home.

Anyone know where he lives?

Chelsea equalled their club record of 12 consecutive home wins in all competitions by defeating Swansea City at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2017/02/25/33060212/chelsea-equal-club-record-as-title-charge-continues-against

:clap:

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Have to say, for all the good things Conte is doing, he's quite questionable when it comes to making substitution. Could have been sitting here and talking about points dropped had it not been for Pedro and Fabianski.

😂😂😂😂😂😂