test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

4,062 posts in this topic
17 hours ago, Ledgi said:

I think now we know he's a manger who doesn't have a plan b during games when things go south and if we're losing at halftime, we will probably not turn a game around.

Too early to say. The plan B this squad allows he uses when needed.

Supermonkey92 likes this

I think now when we won to bench Hazard was a tactical move from Conte. Spurs probably had a player who would have chased Eden all the game like Herrera did. It would have been hard for him. We managed to stay in the game and when the game is open it was the best time to bring in Hazard. Also, Conte was worried that this game can go to extra time so 120mins would have been hard. Well done Antonio, was well prepared for this game!

King11Didier likes this

Nobody was prepare for Michy. They need to take him in different way then with Costa. This for good call. After Hazard and Costa in we have some Control and when Fabs go in we have full  control. These are 3 ket  players.

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

The Hazard on the bench decision is still a strange one. I'll be interested to know Conte's thought process for that one. 

Was a bold move! He probably wanted Hazard's energy to turn this around and it worked perfectly. Probably thought Spurs strategy would be to cut out Hazard the way United did.

kellzfresh likes this

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

The Hazard on the bench decision is still a strange one. I'll be interested to know Conte's thought process for that one. 

Well, now we know from his post match comments. Looks like he was resting them for Tue.

MrExcalibur100 likes this

5 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

Was a bold move! He probably wanted Hazard's energy to turn this around and it worked perfectly. Probably thought Spurs strategy would be to cut out Hazard the way United did.

I partly agree with the freshness impact off the bench. I personally feel he prioriotized Tuesday ahead of today. I'm not sure leaving your best player on the bench is the best strategical move under any circumstance, but it worked for us today.

bluephoenix likes this

Spurs face Crystal Palace on Wednesday after Palace play tomorrow away to Liverpool.

We play Southampton on Tuesday who will not have played since the 15th of April. 

Conte isn't really happy about it and rightly so. It doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, 3 days recovery against a good Southampton side won't be easy at all, even at home. Hopefully, the likes of Eden, Cesc, Costa and Cahill are fresh for this game. 

kellzfresh likes this

9 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Spurs face Crystal Palace on Wednesday after Palace play tomorrow away to Liverpool.

We play Southampton on Tuesday who will not have played since the 15th of April. 

Conte isn't really happy about it and rightly so. It doesn't make any sense.

can't complain the draw at this point of the season it's just a alibi

so next year with champions league? come on. 

hope players still get focused on the target