test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

4,621 posts in this topic

Welcome Mr Antonio Conte!

Hope the Board and Roman backs him up 100% and let him buy (i.e. BIG transfer kitty) and sell whoever he wants as well as allow him complete freedom in integrating youth players into his squad. 

Welcome to Chelsea Conte! Question now is how much control will he be afforded with the transfers..

Also anyone pay attention to the wording of his role? "First Team Head Coach", they rarely refer to him as a "manager" unless speaking of his role at Juve.

Blue_Fox_ likes this

Good luck, Conte, you're gonna need it, win a trophy or next year you're out of the job, imo.
It's going to be very interesting to see how the cry babies will respond to the 'Italian Mourinho', we're in for a ride. :)

Blue_Fox_ likes this

1 hour ago, Essien19 said:

Good luck, Conte, you're gonna need it, win a trophy or next year you're out of the job, imo.

I think making at least the top 4 is the realistic demand after this joke of a season.

Real good choice by the board ... After a long time we will have a manager who is not coming in as mere replacement for a short term, not in for damage control, not in to fill gaps but a selection which is given a real thought. What he's gonna get in terms for budget for transfers can be speculated until the transfer window is not over. 

It a very good choice ... hoping that he is able to get back the glory days back .... Welcome Conte!!!  

8 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

I think making at least the top 4 is the realistic demand after this joke of a season.

You never know: Roman law.

Winning nothing in two consecutive seasons is a massive underachievement for this club, don't think Roman would tolerate it.
Conte is a winner, he will do everything in his power to make it happen, so we'll see, maybe this time he could get away with it, we'll find out soon enough!

LDN Blue likes this

Wold be amazing if he can finish 3 seasons.

I would be happy just doing your 3 year contract and then move on.

3 years in today's modern futbol world is an eternity.

Good. Now we can start identifying new signings.  

Top possible players: Payet, kante, pjanic, coman, stones, Moutinho 

Okay possible players: nainggolan, ogbonna (Westham CB, worked with Conte in Juve) imbulla, pato?

Hopefully he gambles on some youth players like Musonda, traore, Ake, just like he did with pogba. 

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

What about that lad from WH - Lancini  

He is hot prospect.. 

I never really liked him, but tbf there wasn't any better choice among the available managers, especially after we couldn't get Simeone. Also he did a great job at Juventus and you can't deny his contribution in making them successful again. 

1 hour ago, Essien19 said:

You never know: Roman law.

Winning nothing in two consecutive seasons is a massive underachievement for this club, don't think Roman would tolerate it.
Conte is a winner, he will do everything in his power to make it happen, so we'll see, maybe this time he could get away with it, we'll find out soon enough!

Roman won't be happy but lf Roman purely judges managers on whether a trophy is won or not, then Di Matteo would have at least got the full season after Munich.

If Conte is showing genuine progression, I can't see any problems in terms of job security.

Fernando likes this

Last name: Conti

http://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Conti

This famous surname recorded in the spellings of Comte, Conte and Conti, is of Italian, French, Spanish, and Portuguese origins. It derives from the Latin 'comptus' meaning 'order or control', and such in the Roman Empire it applied to officials of rank responsible for administering a small region. Later it was adopted as a major mark of nobility throughout much of Europe. Many holders of the surname do indeed have nobility in their blood, whilst others hold the title as a result of either being associated with title holders perhaps through being officials of the noble, or as a nickname for one who had noble aspirations, or possibly because ancestors played the role of a Count in the very popular medieval travelling theatres of the middle ages between the 10th and the 16th century in Europe. What is without argument is that name had such rank that one Italian family were the 'Princes de Conti', in France 'Le Comte de St. Jean' and in Langedoc the 'Conte de Tauriers'. Examples of the surname recording from church records include Juan Conti, who married Anna Maria Vicens, at La Bisbal, Santa Maria, Gerona on May 2nd 1750, whilst in the USA Corina Ida Conti, the daughter of Domenico Conti, was christened at Tomales, California on June 19th 1893. The coat of arms most associated with this distinguished surname is probably that of a red lion rampant regardant set on a gold field. The first recorded spelling of the family name is shown to be that of Lucretia Conti, which was dated December 12th 1577, christened at Messina, Italy, during the reign of Pope Gregory 111, reigned from 172 to 1585. Surnames became necessary when governments introduced personal taxation. In England this was known as Poll Tax. Throughout the centuries, surnames in every country have continued to "develop" often leading to astonishing variants of the original spelling.

© Copyright: Name Origin Research www.surnamedb.com 1980 - 2016

EMK likes this

I'm so happy. Welcome !

Board did amazing job on this one. I like the quote from Marina "We are very pleased to have recruited one of the most highly regarded managers in world football and we are equally pleased to do so before the end of the current season. This aids our future planning."

I'm somehow confident now we get this right in the summer. The players we're linked with are some great players, I'm just optimistic it will be done correctly and fast.

Great day overall.

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Roman won't be happy but lf Roman purely judges managers on whether a trophy is won or not, then Di Matteo would have at least got the full season after Munich.

If Conte is showing genuine progression, I can't see any problems in terms of job security.

Di Matteo fucked up in the UCL in the second season, maybe the most important competition for big Rom.
In my view that shows how quickly game over can become a reality for the Chelsea manager.
The same applies for Avb and second place wasn't good enough for Ancelotti to keep his job.
Mourinho got away with a trophyless season, but that's Mou.
I think Rom is still ruthless, but these days you have to do it with less money, Chelsea job has become one of the most difficult around.

Anyway, Conte seems to be up for it, he doesn't take shit from anyone, will be interesting to watch from distance.