test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

4,071 posts in this topic
4 hours ago, Fernando said:

I think he will leave definitely if we screw around in the transfer window again this summer. 

He loved Juventus more then Chelsea and he left because of lack of transfer. 

Don't think he will take another transfer window where the club fails to match his ambitions. 

perfect 

this squad has 12-13 players of high level. need at least 18 players next year

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

I think he will leave definitely if we screw around in the transfer window again this summer. 

He loved Juventus more then Chelsea and he left because of lack of transfer. 

Don't think he will take another transfer window where the club fails to match his ambitions. 

I think he will leave if he screws a 10 point lead.

21 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I think he will leave if he screws a 10 point lead.

The club will probably sack him first before he gets the chance to do that.

J.F. and Johnnyeye like this

Yeah Conte will hang his head in shame if he goes on to lose it from here. That's why players like Costa need to F off.

Costa is a key player, and he alone if he wants to can ruin our season.

Johnnyeye likes this

These are the times when you see the difference of having a competent board/football director. At Bayern, Sammer who faced similar situations as a player and a manager steps up.

Rest of the season is going to be very tough for us.

Conte must sort out our attack ASAP. He can't ignore the elephant in the room anymore. For the past couple of months Costa has been poor (and i'm going easy on him here), and still got 90 minutes every week. We need our striker scoring goals, can't just rely on our defense doing their job + scoring the winner from a set piece.

25 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Hope he drops Costa for Batshuayi if Diego produces another stinker.

Yeah right, I like Batsman but he's starting Eden at striker if anything.

14 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Some rumours Conte wants Pirlo to succeed Holland as assistant coach.

I would love this, Pirlo is such a great character, respected and very intelligent. Oozes class.

Would be unreal if we could form a future board of Conte, Pirlo and our legends like Lamps, Terry, Cole,...

Plus pirlo can teach our players how to do set pieces and long ball properly.  He can dong great long with any feet

If Conte can get Pirlo in to replace Steve Holland in the summer that would be a huge coup for him I think. 

Hes also got to re-evaluate Michy Batshuayi, is he really the right guy to compete and push Diego Costa all the way for a place/take his place in the starting 11? I'd say Diego's current performances show that Batshuayi isn't. Also I've read Conte is interested in Bakayo (spelling probably wrong), van Dijk, Ryan Bertrand/Luke Shaw and Alexis Sanchez, if we got Sanchez and one of Bertrand/Shaw alone. that would be an excellent window for us I'd feel unless he has plans for Baba Rahman to come back and play left wing back or goes all out and signs Alex Sandro, would be an awesome move (imagine depth at left wing back finally...). I wouldn't be so sure about van Dijk for now, I think hes done well for Southampton but is he much better than anyone we have including Christensen? Not really sure and I'd imagine Andreas is coming back this summer. If Sanchez comes in as well, hopefully its not as a replacement for Hazard and not as an alternative center forward option, hes a wide player but imagine him playing a bit more closer to the center forward like Hazard this year though? Would be excellent, although I feel sorry for Pedro and Willian if he does come in because they are two good players worthy of playing most games and Pedro especially this season has upped his performances. 

All in all hes brought a very cool and positive vibe around the club unlike Jose who now you can even see at United, publicly criticizing players, officials etc. I think his job was always going to be tough after replacing Jose regardless but hes handled himself excellently and long may it continue. Pep Guardiola said hes maybe the best coach on the planet... if thats not high praise then what is?

On 4/6/2017 at 8:10 AM, Fulham Broadway said:

How refreshing his post match interviews are, humble, intelligent and accurate

"For sure" :lol:

As well as things are going, I do wonder about the state of mind of the basically confirmed squad players/fillers. Outside of XI + Fabregas and Willian, the rest have been dealt scraps. Keeping a happy squad is one of the main tasks of a manager after all. And it's all good and well when the results are going your way, but as soon as you hit that first setback, whether that's because of results or injuries, I imagine you'll be in (some) trouble. Are they in the right and required mindset? How well do they play when suddenly called upon? Are they in tune with their team mates? How long does it take for them to complety understand the system and tactics?

Or maybe him not using those players is because he doesn't rate them? But that doesn't make complete sense because that's a lot of players to replace.

Schedule will be far more demanding next season so I don't think he can just count on thirteen players. It will be an intriguing summer I guess.

The Skipper and Peace. like this

3 hours ago, the wes said:

Mourinho: I played youngsters more than Conte has

http://www.football365.com/news/mourinho-i-played-youngsters-more-than-conte-has

This is starting to get boring from mourinho all he does is talk about chelsea 

The guy should hang his head in shame after that "academy day" fiasco and never speak about youth development again. Or the fact that when Lukaku was sold we had grampa Eto'o, El Torrid and the amazing Ba - all players for the moment, the player for the future was a nuisance to him along with KDB. At United he's marginalized Rashford and Martial while humiliating Shaw. He should keep his mouth shut on topics he has no clue about, but we know that's not gonna happen.

the wes and Fernando like this

8 hours ago, the wes said:

Mourinho: I played youngsters more than Conte has

http://www.football365.com/news/mourinho-i-played-youngsters-more-than-conte-has

This is starting to get boring from mourinho all he does is talk about chelsea 

Nathaniel Chalobah has played just 444 minutes of competitive football in all competitions, while Ruben Loftus-Cheek (336 minutes), Ola Aina (185) and Nathan Ake (180) have all been scarcely used.

“You look, for example, at my last season at Chelsea. Is Ruben Loftus-Cheek playing less than in my last season? Probably less. Is Kurt Zouma playing the same as last season? Definitely less.[/quote]

Stupid much, Jose?

Loftus Cheek played a total of only 212 minutes (5 games) in all comps under Mourinho last year, compared to 336 minutes (10 games) under Conte.

As for Zouma, of course he's played less than season. He only returned from an ACL injury in December! And with the team doing well with settled starting XI, why would Conte upset the balance? Would Mourinho have changed a settled starting XI that's performing well and brought Zouma back in? I highly doubt it!

Cosmin, manpe, Fernando and 1 other like this