The Conte Thread

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Besides making trend for half of PL teams to play 3 man defences, even Real tried that tonight, albeit lost.

Maybe its not Conte effect, but timing couldnt be more curious why everyone suddenly tries to play that formation.

It is Wales not conte :D:D 

8 hours ago, iceboy said:

No, most of our deluded plastic fans demand transfers this month to make a "statement"...

If we get four points from the Liverpool and Arsenal games we are in a really, really good position to win the league.

Whereas the other teams will lose points against the smaller clubs we will continue our trend and win all the games against the lesser sides. Especially Liverpool tends to drop important points against the Sunderlands and Hulls of this world, which gives us a big bolster in the title race. But then again thats just what I hope that happens.

With 7 points infront we first and foremost have to look at ourselves, unnecessary incidents like the one with Costa need to be erased immediately.

The new Juventus logo is absolute shite. How the hell did they came to the idea to replace that logo of theirs everyone knows and replace it with....:

So...I fear for Costa that Conte, as a Juventus man, is going to be very pissed this week.

Maybe it's just me, but I like it. 

I know football is all about tradition and teams keeping their identity. 

But this is a football club that is not afraid of change, going forward and having a more modern feel about it, it's almost as if they are positioning themselves as trend setters now, I'd be curious to see the ROI this logo change is expected to bring, in terms of global visibility in various emerging football markets like USA and Asia, this logo is just a brilliant way for the Juventus brand to be recognized. 

Like seriously, do you think the new City logo is doing anything to their global visibility ? I'm not really convinced, their older one had more charisma and big-club feel about it. 

But anyway, I expect Juve to become a big brand among the likes of United, Barcelona, Real & Bayern in the near future. I also expect them to become the fourth European force in terms of the footballing aspect behing the big three as well. Let's hope we make up ground fast enough after last season's debacle and challenge for that fourth-fifth spot.

22 minutes ago, Adnane said:

Maybe it's just me, but I like it. 

I know football is all about tradition and teams keeping their identity. 

But this is a football club that is not afraid of change, going forward and having a more modern feel about it, it's almost as if they are positioning themselves as trend setters now, I'd be curious to see the ROI this logo change is expected to bring, in terms of global visibility in various emerging football markets like USA and Asia, this logo is just a brilliant way for the Juventus brand to be recognized. 

Like seriously, do you think the new City logo is doing anything to their global visibility ? I'm not really convinced, their older one had more charisma and big-club feel about it. 

But anyway, I expect Juve to become a big brand among the likes of United, Barcelona, Real & Bayern in the near future. I also expect them to become the fourth European force in terms of the footballing aspect behing the big three as well. Let's hope we make up ground fast enough after last season's debacle and challenge for that fourth-fifth spot.

Then there is still no need to piss on your rich history and change the club's crest without letting the fans vote for different designs etc like City did.

They could've done the same as Rangers FC who also have the RFC letters on their shirts with the stars and the crest with the lion as their club logo but Juventus have completely removed their old logo for this weird J letter.

As an Italian football lover, I'm not a fan of it and so is the majority of the Juventus fans but I doubt them to come in action against it as Juventus have very few ultra fans. 

I do like this old logo with the Lion and the CFC letters very, very much (and the 2 stars):

6913209359_7b8a75bb04_b.jpg

But I hope we don't follow Juve and have weird CFC letters as official clublogo. But I fear many other teams will follow in the future. Modern-football crests...

I didn't know where to put this article, so I thought here.  It's one of the active threads that not about transfers or Diego Costa.

It's a US based site that came from the ashes of quite a good site called Grantland, if anyone doesn't know about it.

https://theringer.com/chelsea-two-man-midfield-nemanja-matic-ngolo-kante-acc4b8d2ebbe#.za5kenbm8

Andrea Pirlo said this last year regarding Conte. We all know he didn't get the targets he wanted...so, he still has done a great job so far. But I hope coming summer the board and the owner reward him and do splash the cash on the targets he wants.

Pirlo said: “I love the man, I have nothing but respect and admiration for him. I know if he takes a job, any job, it will have to be on his terms.  

“The players he wants to sign, those he wants to get rid of, the style he wants to play.

“If you sign him as your coach and then as the owner you want to start making ­decisions, he is not the coach for you.

“If you let him get on with things and do his methods, then you will have a team that plays attractive football and will, without doubt, be successful.”

12 hours ago, milan.cech said:

Before one pre match press conference at Chelsea TV there was a footage of Antonio Conte talking about the chant fans sing for him. Is this interview for Chelsea TV anywhere to see?

Was after the the Everton win. @ 7:15

Matic does that almost every game -he is awful at ball, clumsy, his first touch is terrible- but he still get so many appearance under conte
And ffs he is midfielder, which is cost or holding back the team a lot more compare than defender who poor in first touch and ball control. 
I think, as long as zouma not getting constant high pressing from opponent, he still fine or atleast still usefull player
Sometimes i really wondering why matic still playing ahead player like chalobah who still can be useful when play as midfielder, meanwhile chalobah is have a lot better pace, technique, and growing some maturity on this game. But conte still using matic who isnt only have poor technique, clumsy, and sometimes look super awkward on the ball. But he also slow and not really able to intercept the ball or even win aerial duel on the midfield.

I agree with you

Sent from my SHV-E250K using Tapatalk