test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,869 posts in this topic

Season defining month-and-a-half...

Stoke (a)

Crystal Palace (h)

Man City (h)

B'mouth (a)

Man Utd (a)

Spurs (n)

Everton (a)

6 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Seems to me that the respect Conte had for Mourinho back in October 2016 is gone. 

But he needs to stay calm. If he allows to provoke himself and act like did yesterday when Jose called him over he might get send off. 

To remain calm after the BS and mindgames the Dons had chucked at him from the special one and after seeing the 'mindgames',kicking and stamping on his players for near on 1/2 hour he would have to be a saint not to blow his top. All he did was have his players backs after our oponents manager had obviously told his players to get close up and kick our lads to get reactions, get in their heads, because they couldn't beat us any other way.

Its obvious theres no other manager (upto now) who has intentionally tried to get the effect Mou did last night so the re occurance to do it to another managers odds are pretty low bud.

I'm glad he did give him some back!

Styles, Johnnyeye, Mceachran and 1 other like this

24 minutes ago, Styles said:

I would bet my life savings that Conte would knock Mourinho clean out. He's the same manager who got man handled by Wenger ffs. Mourinho is very transparent and it's clear this stems from nothing but pure jealousy.

He has made several comments about Chelsea (many times in press conferences that having nothing to do with Chelsea). Didn't he call Wenger a voyeur for doing the same one upon a time?

would be a bloodbath, mourinho's fight tactics are limited to eye gouging from behind,

Adnane, Styles, Johnnyeye and 1 other like this

8 hours ago, Unionjack said:

To remain calm after the BS and mindgames the Dons had chucked at him from the special one and after seeing the 'mindgames',kicking and stamping on his players for near on 1/2 hour he would have to be a saint not to blow his top. All he did was have his players backs after our oponents manager had obviously told his players to get close up and kick our lads to get reactions, get in their heads, because they couldn't beat us any other way.

Its obvious theres no other manager (upto now) who has intentionally tried to get the effect Mou did last night so the re occurance to do it to another managers odds are pretty low bud.

I'm glad he did give him some back!

First time I saw Rui Faria that calm/scared during tensions.

Reason he left Juventus:

Fake news or not, this is why Conte left Juventus. I'm confident that coming summer isn't like last years or 2015's summer but if we don't bring in who Conte wants, the club is going to have a problem.

32 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Reason he left Juventus:

Fake news or not, this is why Conte left Juventus. I'm confident that coming summer isn't like last years or 2015's summer but if we don't bring in who Conte wants, the club is going to have a problem.

And some other articles said Conte understood the difficulties of signing players in January and was willing to wait until summer. Who is right?

Fernando, Unionjack and The Skipper like this

All the Don was shouting was ‘play the ball ' and  ‘again, again, again, again’  Ge didn't get personal. Whays yhe big deal?

Ive been wondering guys.

The Don came wanting to go 4-2-4 but we didny have the players to do it. Whats the chances of him trying to do it this summer?

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

All the Don was shouting was ‘play the ball ' and  ‘again, again, again, again’  Ge didn't get personal. Whays yhe big deal?

Ive been wondering guys.

The Don came wanting to go 4-2-4 but we didny have the players to do it. Whats the chances of him trying to do it this summer?

Every game this season I always hear "yes!" "good!" and "Diego!" from him even with all the fans shouting.

17 hours ago, manpe said:

And some other articles said Conte understood the difficulties of signing players in January and was willing to wait until summer. Who is right?

I think last summer is what worrying me the most. Luiz and Alonso weren't players Conte really wanted. Nainggolan, Koulibaly, Lukaku/Morata. I don't agree with all the players Conte wanted but I think he knows better. We couldn't get any of these. Hopefully it will be changed this summer with Oscar, possible Costa China money we get.

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Antonio Conte wants more control over the club's transfer policy before he commits to a new contract in the summer. (Times - subscription required)

Hope its complete bullshit BUT I dont know about you guys but this worries me some.

Has loud echoes of Mou!!

If a manager that has walked in taking over the palaver of a season we just had and turned us on our arse to put us within a gnats bollock of winning the PL again cant be trusted to bring in the players he wants then we are up shit street.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

Luckily he got enough to challenge for the title. It might have been a blessing in disguise too, Conte was busy with Euros last summer and it's questionable how much time he had to analyze the squad in depth without having actually worked with them. Now that he has we might have a clearer idea of who he wants now. It's also possible the board didn't trust him enough last summer, there shouldn't be any trust issues anymore. I expect a strong window now that we have more money, two league titles in three years and a better image. Last summer we were the team that imploded and finished 10th playing shit, no CL football either. We will definitely be a more appealing destination for a lot of players now with the positive reputation we are gaining and CL football. I'm confident we'll get a few cracking players.

This is what I am saying we will find out this summer more. Because we need at least a few high quality players next season. There's no way we will continue to play this way with CL football.

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Hope its complete bullshit BUT I dont know about you guys but this worries me some.

Has loud echoes of Mou!!

If a manager that has walked in taking over the palaver of a season we just had and turned us on our arse to put us within a gnats bollock of winning the PL again cant be trusted to bring in the players he wants then we are up shit street.

We are in danger of losing conte if this rumour is true I'm  starting to think is Batshuayi signed by Michael Emenalo not Conte 

On 16/03/2017 at 2:37 PM, the wes said:

We are in danger of losing conte if this rumour is true I'm  starting to think is Batshuayi signed by Michael Emenalo not Conte 

I think that was pretty clear from soon after season opened.

What it makes me wonder is if I was blaming Mou for us not reinforcing after winning the league after I thought his ego was telling him he could win with the same lads again and all the while Emenalo was telling |Roman we didn't need to buy in OR Roman thought it himself OR there was a knot in the purse strings for some reason or other.

I just hope it gets sorted or we will have the inevitable revolving managers door yet again (UNLESS of course Roman wants Conte out to bring in Simeone)

BUT THEN AGAIN WOULD WE REALLY WANT THIS????

According to The Times, Conte was disappointed to see Chelsea sell the experienced Oscar, Branislav Ivanovic and John Obi Mikel in January, and has therefore asked for greater control on arrivals and departures.