test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

3,909 posts in this topic

Conte is a wonderful manager to have. I am just scared that we may sack him if things turn south. Pells, Mourinho, Ranieri...

Break that trend Super Conte!

iceboy and Tautvix like this

27 minutes ago, Mana said:

Conte is a wonderful manager to have. I am just scared that we may sack him if things turn south. Pells, Mourinho, Ranieri...

Break that trend Super Conte!

If not being above the relegation zone like Mourinho and Raniere, then he should be fine. 

I think the club has realized that one season out of the CL is not the end of the world. But being close to relegation zone is. 

MefiX19, communicate and Chelsea? like this

7 hours ago, Fernando said:

If not being above the relegation zone like Mourinho and Raniere, then he should be fine. 

I think the club has realized that one season out of the CL is not the end of the world. But being close to relegation zone is. 

Carlo Ancelotti got sacked when finished second in the League. People can say whatever they want about him but it was a disgraceful thing to do from the club. 

bluephoenix, Tautvix and kellzfresh like this

1 hour ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Carlo Ancelotti got sacked when finished second in the League. People can say whatever they want about him but it was a disgraceful thing to do from the club. 

It was, but at that time Abramovich didn't have the perspective that he has now I believe. Having gone through incredible highs and lows during this time that we didn't go through before I think he won't be this trigger happy again.

Heisenberg and Fernando like this

40 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

A man who washes his hands after shaking hands with the opposition gets a thumbs up from me.

He usually does that. He did vs sunderland too.

I hope the club and Roman give him a 300 million war chest in the summer for his list of targets. Get him who he wants at all costs. Last summer, even though we're doing good, the board failed him so they have to make up for that.

Especially if he wins us the title in his first season, he immediately has enough credit to get full backing from the board and the owner and with that, a big fucking transfer war chest and a new contract with a huge payment boost.

Forza Antonio!  

Unionjack and bluephoenix like this

Tkinks "Gotta get this smell of Pikey and wet spam off me mits"

Obviously some type of OCD or germ phobia but I'd rather think the 1st choice.

I really would like to see him get the choices HE wants I doubt very much if they would please the majority of us but I think he's earned that chance to do so.

7 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

He got tactically bent over by Dalglish and brought Torres over Aguero, he deserves the sack for those things alone.

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He got tactically bent over by Dalglish and brought Torres over Aguero, he deserves the sack for those things alone.

Haha, I knew this was coming.

Milan, Chelsea, Real and Bayern yet Tomo rates him as a midtable manager.

BoyBlue96 likes this

11 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Haha, I knew this was coming.

Milan, Chelsea, Real and Bayern yet Tomo rates him as a midtable manager.

No I don't, no need to twist it. However I still remember how horrific that second season was so for as long as people say Carll was doing an amazing job and his sacking was a total disgrace, I'll keep biting.

However compared to Jose, Conte and even then first coming of Hiddink I thought he fell short in terms of overall and I felt that even during the double season.

Funnily enough I had similar complaints about him than I did Rafa, when it was good under both it was very good (hence our two biggest wins ever coming under the pair) but neither knew how to react when things were going wrong and the team got complacent at awfully inappropriate times.

If i had to make a comparison in terms of what level I see the managers at, Rafa and Carlo would be Pedro and Duff while Jose and Conte would be Robben and Hazard.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

No I don't, no need to twist it. However I still remember how horrific that second season was so for as long as people say Carll was doing an amazing job and his sacking was a total disgrace, I'll keep biting.

However compared to Jose, Conte and even then first coming of Hiddink I thought he fell short in terms of overall and I felt that even during the double season.

Funnily enough I had similar complaints about him than I did Rafa, when it was good under both it was very good (hence our two biggest wins ever coming under the pair) but neither knew how to react when things were going wrong and the team got complacent at awfully inappropriate times.

If i had to make a comparison in terms of what level I see the managers at, Rafa and Carlo would be Pedro and Duff while Jose and Conte would be Robben and Hazard.

I was joking.

I understand what you mean with that last line but I wouldn't call Ancelotti the Pedro of managers. I don't think he'll be remembered in such a fashion either. But it's alright if that's your view.

Tomo likes this

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Obviously some type of OCD or germ phobia but I'd rather think the 1st choice.

Or one of the wet spams had forgotten to wipe spunk off his hand, because you know, they're :wank2:

Unionjack likes this

10 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

18 hours ago, Fernando said:

Let's forget Mancini too. Basically the past winners, Ancelotti, Pells, Mancini, Mourinho and Ranieri got sacked the following season after winning the league. Heck I want to throw in Sir Alex, as he left his club after winning the league!

19 minutes ago, Mana said:

Let's forget Mancini too. Basically the past winners, Ancelotti, Pells, Mancini, Mourinho and Ranieri got sacked the following season after winning the league. Heck I want to throw in Sir Alex, as he left his club after winning the league!

That suggests serious motivation problems, that's why i can never subscribe to the notion Pep, Alegri, Blanc had it easy motivating winners to go again is very hard infact you can argue that is what seperates the good from the great.

12 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

So we extend his contract some half a year in and a few months later scrap that whole thing and offer a new contract? I don't understand it, what was the point of extending then?

Fernando likes this

13 hours ago, manpe said:

So we extend his contract some half a year in and a few months later scrap that whole thing and offer a new contract? I don't understand it, what was the point of extending then?

Not just extending tho. he's getting more dosh

Found this interesting report from a few weels back

The Inside Track: Explaining Antonio Conte’s Post-Game Behaviours

http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/the-inside-track-explaining-antonio-contes-post-game-behaviours