The Conte Thread

2 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

My cousins son got a photo of him at the Bridge party. Loved that he took time to go and do that with all the fans there

Winning people over and as much as I liked Jose its so nice not to have stupid headlines all the sodding time and drama from very little. Very grounded 

Italian managers >>>

On Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 8:06 PM, Jason said:

Who's pulling a hissy fit? Only stated the flaws in our performances today (pretty sure Conte won't be happy with that either) because on another day, giving away soft goals like that could have cost us points (remember Swansea this season?). Alonso may be 6'2" but he's not exactly a physical defender, is he? And zonal marking or not, the defender for both goals and in some other instances were certainly quite messy to say the least.

Actually the headlines for his interview was he was very happy. Speak for yourself, not the manager 

14 hours ago, Cosmin said:

To be fair, it's a matter of perspective. Klopp might have a point. We won 13 in a row but somehow we're only 6 points ahead of them.. But, on the other hand, this is their best season in quite some time and yet they are still 6 points behind the leaders. I think it's more frustrating for them than for us. 

True, anyone can put their spin own it and have their own 'mind game'.

Liverpool despite beating us at the bridge, Arsenal at the Emirates, and unbeaten against the rest of the top 6 are still 6 points behind. Easy to counter mind games like the one Klopp supposedly made.

6 hours ago, Barbara said:

Actually the headlines for his interview was he was very happy. Speak for yourself, not the manager 

Of course he was mainly happy. Who wouldn't be after winning 13 matches in a row? But Conte did mention a thing or two about our defending and given he's Italian and a demanding manager, he wouldn't have been entirely satisfied in our performance and would want to rectify the mistakes.

He mentioned quite the opposite actually, stating that the first goal is offside and that it's a bit his fault since he demands from his players to stay high until the ball is kicked. In the follow-up there is a foul on Kanté by Indi the goalscorer.

So the ref signals an offside, no goal for Stoke, they're looking for an equalizer and we probably kill them off on the break. There are doubts on their second goal as well, Crouch almost shoots the head of Cahill lol. 

Don't blame the refs on this one as these was very close calls and hard to spot amid the mess that Stoke tend to make of their set-pieces but no need to panic as far as I'm concerned.

37 minutes ago, Adnane said:

He mentioned quite the opposite actually, stating that the first goal is offside and that it's a bit his fault since he demands from his players to stay high until the ball is kicked. In the follow-up there is a foul on Kanté by Indi the goalscorer.

So the ref signals an offside, no goal for Stoke, they're looking for an equalizer and we probably kill them off on the break. There are doubts on their second goal as well, Crouch almost shoots the head of Cahill lol. 

Don't blame the refs on this one as these was very close calls and hard to spot amid the mess that Stoke tend to make of their set-pieces but no need to panic as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, I get that but putting the referee aside for a moment, our defending for the goals and some other incidents were less than desirable. But other than that, we certainly were decent against Stoke.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Of course he was mainly happy. Who wouldn't be after winning 13 matches in a row? But Conte did mention a thing or two about our defending and given he's Italian and a demanding manager, he wouldn't have been entirely satisfied in our performance and would want to rectify the mistakes.

and mentioned the offside goal, which is what has been pointed out to you. Did we have some mistakes? Of course, we did. He mentioned what he was asked... which was conceding twice. His tone wasn't complaining in my opinion.

People here love to nitpick and point out every single mistake we make, as if football presentations were supposed to be perfect endeavors.

5 minutes ago, Barbara said:

and mentioned the offside goal, which is what has been pointed out to you. Did we have some mistakes? Of course, we did. He mentioned what he was asked... which was conceding twice. His tone wasn't complaining in my opinion.

Of course he wouldn't be complaining after winning 13 matches in a row! But being the manager that he is, he wouldn't be entirely happy we defended on Saturday if you were to ask him behind closed doors.

13 minutes ago, Barbara said:

People here love to nitpick and point out every single mistake we make, as if football presentations were supposed to be perfect endeavors.

It was only a mention of our defending and nothing more. But if you call that nitpicking, then I've got nothing to say.

ymi2Qh8.png

This is how the table looked after our last game before the 13 consecutive wins (0-3 on Emirates). 8 points behind the leaders, 4 behind Spurs, 3 behind Liverpool and Arsenal, 2 behind United.

Annoying stuff, huh?

13 minutes ago, Barbara said:

we definitely need someone to replace Oscar. When Pedro was suspended, we didn't have anyone to replace Willian in the game if we needed or wanted to have another AM. That's a fact.

We also don't have replacements for our wing backs. Ivanovic ain't one. He only comes when we need to close the shop towards the end of matches. If Moses or Alonso get injured or suspended, there is no one to play their roles, unless we improvise. There's no way Kenedy, who has just been reintegrated to the team would play.

And that's not even considering improvement in the starting XI, as there are some positions we could definitely use improvement, in theory (because fact remains Pedro, Moses and Alonso are overachieving or playing out of their mind, you choose your vocab).

i would take keita baldè from lazio to replace oscar (25 milions), and danilo from real madrid as rwb or lwb (20-25 mil)..

i hope mr abramovic will make an effort to take vidal (30 mil)..with him this PL is already won

54 minutes ago, Barbara said:

we definitely need someone to replace Oscar. When Pedro was suspended, we didn't have anyone to replace Willian in the game if we needed or wanted to have another AM. That's a fact.

We also don't have replacements for our wing backs. Ivanovic ain't one. He only comes when we need to close the shop towards the end of matches. If Moses or Alonso get injured or suspended, there is no one to play their roles, unless we improvise. There's no way Kenedy, who has just been reintegrated to the team would play.

And that's not even considering improvement in the starting XI, as there are some positions we could definitely use improvement, in theory (because fact remains Pedro, Moses and Alonso are overachieving or playing out of their mind, you choose your vocab).

I like and agree with all you say Barbara  apart from Moses and I'm quite happy to not upgrade him. TYi would be excellent to be able to find a WB that plays both wings eh! That Sidibe can do it and Conte/Emenalo both went to watch HIM apparently but worth snatching a couple from them..