The Conte Thread

15 hours ago, ZOS said:

love costa but watching eden's personal highlight as a cf makes me wonder  what  it be like if we had a ball playing striker, some one like kunt_aguero, with pedro and hazard flanking him

I think you are overestimating Kun's ball-playing/passing ability.I even think he is more limited/selfish in this regard despite being better technically. Costa on the other side has contributed multiple more assists this season and been working the channels, initiating counter attacks in a way Agüero would never even think of. 

Imagine we weren't 8 points behind after our sloppy start in September. The title would be ours already.
Hats off to this great manager who transformed us to a force in English Football again after that horrible season last year. With a few good signings I believe we are able to compete in the Champions league next season like we have to under normal circumstances.

17 minutes ago, Beigl said:

Imagine we weren't 8 points behind after our sloppy start in September. The title would be ours already.

Tough to say really. We've dropped only 8 points this season and out of those 8 points, the only time we shouldn't have dropped points was at Swansea. Had we won that, we would be 8 clear now, which is a big gap but title race would be by no means over yet.

In any case, I would probably only think the title win might just be possible if we still have a decent gap, say 6-7 points, at the top after the Arsenal game in early Feb (just a side note, Liverpool play all the top 6 sides by mid-March). Next month is a HUGE month for us.

4 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Thought I shared this here. Would make Chelsea - Arsenal a very interesting fixture if Allegri takes over the Emirates. Conte vs Allegri.  

There would be no story Conte is much better as a coach.The main asset of Allegri is luck.

There would be no story Conte is much better as a coach.The main asset of Allegri is luck.

Max Allegri was decent at Milan wasn't he? Won the title there in 2010 I believe. Then, Conte came to Juventus and the rest is history. I think Allegri is indeed in good fortune at Juventus thanks to what Conte did there a few years ago. Not saying Max is a bad manager. He isn't of course but I still rate Conte higher than Max. But either way for Arsenal it would be a huge upgrade because Wenger is finished.

On 27/12/2016 at 10:54 PM, Jason said:

Heres the clubs Xmas party/ Looks like most are having fun. See Conte doing the rounds. I bet hes a really nixe bloke.

Look at the benifits these under 8s are getting. And we got to remember that some of the lads in the academy have been with us since they were 8. Only thing they dreamt of is to play in 1st team like theyre heroes. Only to be sent out on loan. Must be heartbreaking. But what an apprenticeship they got so they SHOULD have the skills to play anywhere.

Id give my left dangley to be at one of his meetings with Roman and or 'the board' to see just what is planned.