The Conte Thread

Even though we are 6 points clear from Liverpool and 7 from City, 9 Arsenal and so forth.

We all know it's not enough here in the Premier League. Juventus is 7 points ahead of number 2 Roma. In those leagues, that's enough because they don't have real direct competitors. Roma is a so-so team, Milan teams are gone and Napoli is not what everybody thought it would be. Also happy we didn't get Koulibaly as he looks shambolic so far now I'm talking about Napoli.

We go to Anfield next month on the 31st of january. If the scousers happen to win (we can beat them easily as they are a very offensive side. Counterball is the answer like against City) it's 3. If they go on a run now and we draw a few games or maybe even fuck up against Spuds we're square. 

We are still so far away from winning the League. That's what makes English football so enjoyable but also frustrating at the same time. Just a week ago Arsenal were standing 2nd and look now after 2 defeats in a week time. Back to 4th place. Things change very rapidly here. 

5 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

This is a good read. Point 5 is interesting.

Heres a qauestion guys worth thinking about.

Do you think the Don is still aiming at a 3-5-2 formation and just how would we have to change to ma ke it happen??

A fuckin big change!!

Yes. If he has the material and the change to go 3-5-2 he does. He did the same in his first season at Juventus. He moved to 3-5-2 in his second season I believe. That's why I believe the rumours of us being interested in Alexis Sanchez.

Arsene Wenger is playing Sanchez as a striker and it is working, BUT Sanchez is too small to be the main striker, but it makes him very quick and gives him this false number 9 role. 

Sanchez and Diego as our 2 strikers would be a very partnership.

30 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Yes. If he has the material and the change to go 3-5-2 he does. He did the same in his first season at Juventus. He moved to 3-5-2 in his second season I believe. That's why I believe the rumours of us being interested in Alexis Sanchez.

Arsene Wenger is playing Sanchez as a striker and it is working, BUT Sanchez is too small to be the main striker, but it makes him very quick and gives him this false number 9 role. 

Sanchez and Diego as our 2 strikers would be a very partnership.

My thoughts too.

But its that row of 5 thats the big problem isn't it.

9 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

My thoughts too.

But its that row of 5 thats the big problem isn't it.

Depends.

3-5-2 means you have 3 midfielders. 2 holding/defensive midfielders, think Kante and Matic and one attacking midfielder, Cesc. And of course a left and right wingback. But they have NO left or right winger in front off them so they have to move up and all the way back and especially a pretty slow LWB as Alonso will be exposed easily then. 

If we move 3-5-2, in the midfield I like to see Kante and someone like Marco Verratti. Because we play with no wingers, where does Eden go? As CAM. He would be perfect as a CAM behind the strikers. Kante, Verratti and Hazard midfield is a dwarf midfield but it will stil work as Kante and Verratti are tasmanian devils. 

Juventus and Italy team where so good in 3-5-2. Conte let them play very disciplined. If he gets his hand on the players he wants/needs for 3-5-2 then without a doubt we move 3-5-2. 

Today, when you say 3-5-2 you say Antonio Conte. It is his trademark formation that works in offensive mode and holding possession, counter mode.

Just now, BoyBlue96 said:

Depends.

3-5-2 means you have 3 midfielders. 2 holding/defensive midfielders, think Kante and Matic and one attacking midfielder, Cesc. And of course a left and right wingback. But they have NO left or right winger in front off them so they have to move up and all the way back and especially a pretty slow LWB as Alonso will be exposed easily then. 

If we move 3-5-2, in the midfield I like to see Kante and someone like Marco Verratti. Because we play with no wingers, where does Eden go? As CAM. He would be perfect as a CAM behind the strikers. Kante, Verratti and Hazard midfield is a dwarf midfield but it will stil work as Kante and Verratti are tasmanian devils. 

Juventus and Italy team where so good in 3-5-2. Conte let them play very disciplined. If he gets his hand on the players he wants/needs for 3-5-2 then without a doubt we move 3-5-2. 

Eden is the only reason I cant see us swapping to 3-5-2.

Having a 3 man midfield is a great thought and has some options.

IF Cescy stays he needs to be in deep pocket playmaker mode. Sitting behind N'Golo/Matic with Luiz behind him. Getting the time and space he needs. But with only 2 strikers and WBs to aim at is it enough crerativity?

If we put Veratti with the 2 lads all 3 can go forwards or back with Veratti having creativity enough too.

But I really cant see us doing anything unless of course we win the PL this season and Eden goes.

Its a really big step going from a 3-4-3.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Eden is the only reason I cant see us swapping to 3-5-2.

Having a 3 man midfield is a great thought and has some options.

IF Cescy stays he needs to be in deep pocket playmaker mode. Sitting behind N'Golo/Matic with Luiz behind him. Getting the time and space he needs. But with only 2 strikers and WBs to aim at is it enough crerativity?

If we put Veratti with the 2 lads all 3 can go forwards or back with Veratti having creativity enough too.

But I really cant see us doing anything unless of course we win the PL this season and Eden goes.

Its a really big step going from a 3-4-3.

Well, Real Madrid just got out of jail and are allowed to make transfers coming summer. Of course, Ronny7 is getting older and older so it is a matter of time before Eden joins Zizou at Madrid.

I also believe, how good he's doing and fighting back for his place, that Cesc is a goner in the summer. 

It looks like the main players LINKED to us in the last transfer window were all real. Nainggolan, Manolas,and Bonucci. were the players that Conte was trying for. But would they have worked out as good or any better than the ones we got??

He didnt have much time in the job to devote himself to it did he. So now after 6 months or so looking at the lads its his 1st real chance to do summet about it IF he wants to.

I think its going to be interesting to see which way he wants to go. Will he go for the proper big upgrades or specially CB spot leave it and gamble on what happens in pre season with at least 5 strong young argueably very talented guys fighting to get a spot.

No matter how much I do like 3 or 4 of them I still see him buying a new one in to upgrade Gazza.

We shall see eh.

12 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Cousin son went to the Xmas party at the Bridge and got pics with some of the players and also Conte..just nice they do that and him being there as well makes it even nicer really.

First coach since Carlo to go. Just saw his press conference, the guy is just an absolute gem. Seems like such a nice guy, honest and shows respect. If he ever leaves I might actually cry.

49 minutes ago, Barbara said:

Can we remove the poll from this thread? It became old six months ago and Conte deserves better on his thread

Totally agree. We should made something like : "Are Conte is better than Mourinho?"
1.Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes!!!

:ph34r:

Amazing. I think we look vulnerable in the first half quite often, but very strong in the second.
What makes me feel good is the knowledge that this team can still get better. Conte instilled the fitness and team spirit, but there are still players he know are better suited to how he plays. It feels great to be a CFC fan now. We play better football than under Mourinho, we get better results than under Mourinho, we get better publicity than under Mourinho and I actually feel like it can last, unlike how it was under Mourinho. 

I hope the board gives him everything he wants. This is the kind of manager you build a legacy with.