The Conte Thread

20 hours ago, the wes said:

LOL. Leave Conte out of this shits, one of the classiest guys around. (Title is misleading, of course, there was no dig.)

29 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Need new/more players in the January. Even though we won last 3 games, some lads are losing their form. Like some say here Moses: was never really that impressed with him and I reckon you this: he won't be in the squad next year if Conte gets his hands on a better RWB.
Also, Hazard. For 3 games done absolutely nothing. Some were crying here we won't be anywhere if he lose Hazard. Shit. You mean when we lose Diego.

Fear this might break us up.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Seriously? Are you sure you're getting live streams and not watching re-runs of last season 😂😂😂

I feel sorry for you - you cannot even enjoy the situation this season compared to last season. Top 4 is our aim and we are on track. 

Hazard has been immense - who do you think creates all the space for Diego to run into? That's right the 2-3 people marking Hazard :)

I get it's the new 'in-thing' to rubbish everything- but seriously dude - have a word with yourself... 

Seriously? Are you sure you're getting live streams and not watching re-runs of last season [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I feel sorry for you - you cannot even enjoy the situation this season compared to last season. Top 4 is our aim and we are on track. 
Hazard has been immense - who do you think creates all the space for Diego to run into? That's right the 2-3 people marking Hazard [emoji4]
I get it's the new 'in-thing' to rubbish everything- but seriously dude - have a word with yourself... 

Our squad depth is poor mate. Of course I'm happy we're doing so extremely well. Never expected Conte and our current squad of players to perform so well, but we played better some weeks ago, but doesn't matter because we're still winning our matches so and yeah it won't be a party every single match with Hazard-hattricks and stuff.
As for Eden, so far he's still doing very well so I'm not marking him. Just pointing out he didn't turn up against WBA and Crystal Palace imo.
Just need some extra players in jan and also Kenedy back as wingback and we're fine.

Yes, top 4 is still the aim and I couldn't wish for a better Chelsea at the moment. We look superb and that is all thanks to The Magnificent One: Conte.

To me, it's nice to feel again that anything under 2nd place is a complete disaster. I can stomach 1 dodgy team winning over us, at times, but never more than 1, it makes me feel like an Arsenal supporter.

4 hours ago, The Chels said:

Exactly this. I think people are downplaying expectations to avoid disappointment, but win our next two games and we're on target for 98 points ffs!

It's extremely unlikely that we'll get close to that total but the title is the target, make no mistake about it.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Also to add Pep and Jose have been caught with their pants down which has let us build this lead, Klopp is struggling at the back and Wenger is Wenger. We need to cash in on that because next year Klopp will surely invest on defense, Pep will get more players to suit him all be it with probably a 200m net spend but that's neither here nor there and as much as Jose can't do long term he has got a 100 % title success rate in season 2 for a reason. Add to that the potential possibility of Wenger leaving and replacing him with a tactically astute manager ( almost certain they will atleast try for Simeone) and it could be a whole lot harder next time round, not that its going to be easy now but still a massive chance.

I know we like to play down expectations (me included :lol:) but can't blame people for doing that though. Who would have thought we would be sitting 6-7 points clear at the top at Christmas after what happened last season and the Arsenal debacle in September (remember how pessimistic everyone was?)? Many would have gladly taken a Champions League spot at the start of the season.

On the subject of our next 2 games, by hook or by crook, we MUST win those 2 because our fixtures from Jan till early Feb are horrendous - Spurs (a), Leicester (a), Hull (h), Liverpool (a) and Arsenal (h) and there's also the slight complication of the FA Cup too.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I know we like to play down expectations (me included :lol:) but can't blame people for doing that though. Who would have thought we would be sitting 6-7 points clear at the top at Christmas after what happened last season and the Arsenal debacle in September (remember how pessimistic everyone was?)? Many would have gladly taken a Champions League spot at the start of the season.

On the subject of our next 2 games, by hook or by crook, we MUST win those 2 because our fixtures from Jan till early Feb are horrendous - Spurs (a), Leicester (a), Hull (h), Liverpool (a) and Arsenal (h) and there's also the slight complication of the FA Cup too.

If someone offered me a CL spot after Arsenal i would have asked what's the catch?

But that's the thing, over the course of the season expectations change, if we fail to win it now after being 6 clear at Christmas it will be a huge disapointment in my opinion fair enough accepting top 4 when it looked like it was the best we could hope for but in the last few months we have passed almost every test a Champion gets confronted with and as i already alluded too the odds of Pep and Jose giving us a 7 and 13 point headstart next time round are slim. Also its very easy to get caught into the habit of top four is fine and hide behind transition for years, its happened with Arsenal for the last decade and United since Fergie has left.

As for those games, we should be aiming to win both home games and get atleast 4 points away, which would be an acceptable return.

32 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

I would absolutely if he can help us get to 15 straight wins for the Prem record. I think that'd hurt the Gooners that we won more in a row than they did in their "invincible" season :lol:

Maybe spurs can help us? lol...

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

If someone offered me a CL spot after Arsenal i would have asked what's the catch?

But that's the thing, over the course of the season expectations change, if we fail to win it now after being 6 clear at Christmas it will be a huge disapointment in my opinion fair enough accepting top 4 when it looked like it was the best we could hope for but in the last few months we have passed almost every test a Champion gets confronted with and as i already alluded too the odds of Pep and Jose giving us a 7 and 13 point headstart next time round are slim. Also its very easy to get caught into the habit of top four is fine and hide behind transition for years, its happened with Arsenal for the last decade and United since Fergie has left.

As for those games, we should be aiming to win both home games and get atleast 4 points away, which would be an acceptable return.

Tomo, it's an insult to put us in the same bracket as Arsenal. :rant: Obviously, we aren't just going to be content with a top 4 finish but given what's happened, a top 4 finish for this season would be a massive achievement. Yes, expectations change throughout the season but again, given the mess we were in, think you can understand the cautious mindset, if you like, over our chances of winning the title and our squad isn't the strongest beyond the starting XI right now. Hence, I'm not sure if it'll be a huge disappointment if we don't win the title. Sure, I want to win the title just as badly as you and everyone else but we're only 6 points and not 16 points clear. Things could change drastically in the remaining games, just like how we suddenly started and went on this winning run. I mean for all we know, we could be trailing to someone else (touch wood) after January.

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Tomo, it's an insult to put us in the same bracket as Arsenal. :rant: Obviously, we aren't just going to be content with a top 4 finish but given what's happened, a top 4 finish for this season would be a massive achievement. Yes, expectations change throughout the season but again, given the mess we were in, think you can understand the cautious mindset, if you like, over our chances of winning the title and our squad isn't the strongest beyond the starting XI right now. Hence, I'm not sure if it'll be a huge disappointment if we don't win the title. Sure, I want to win the title just as badly as you and everyone else but we're only 6 points and not 16 points clear. Things could change drastically in the remaining games, just like how we suddenly started and went on this winning run. I mean for all we know, we could be trailing to someone else (touch wood) after January.

The point is it can easily happen, it was suppose to be settle for top four till they pay the stadium off then compete again for Arsenal, but they can't shake of that mindset, similar at United, 4th season in a row now they are praying for top four and thats Englands most successful club, it doesn't take much to be stuck in that rut. Ofcourse let's be cautious, last thing im suggesting is going all Liverpool circa 2014 but i think its gone well past the point were we can be delighted with a mere top 4 finish, a 6 point lead after 17 games doesn't mean we are Champions elect but its certainly a very handy advantage that's for sure.

14 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

People still talking about a top 4 finish.

We have such a wonderfull opportunity to win the title this season with no midweek European games, so we need to put everything onto that. 

Pre-season it was a reasonable goal to set, but in the context of the ongoing season I would be disappointed finishing only 4th or even 3rd now. Runner-up would be tolerable if the eventual winner deserves it, but so far nobody deserves it more than our lads who are dead serious about righting the wrongs of last season.