The Conte Thread

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Simeone a shambolic manager?

He took Atletico from a team that normally finished way off the title to league champions (most two sided league in world or was), won copa del rey, won europa league, won UEFA super cup, won Supercopa de Espana and got to 2x CL finals... all in 5 seasons. Shambolic yeah? He's probably taken them as far as anybody can take them without having £150m to spunk each year on world class talent like Barca or Real do, he's definitely overachieved there and that's mainly due to him and his coaching, they are probably the toughest team we've faced up bar Peps record shattering Barca and the Bayern team in 2012 (they absolutely battered us at times). He's also been La Liga coach of the year 3 times in 5 years so there it is it confirms he is definitely a shambolic coach.

Him and Conte are more similar than you'd think, two ex players who were captains and club legends who rebuilt their clubs (Atletico & Juventus) very successfully, who have an emphasis on hard work, discipline and organisation/structure although Simeones work at Atletico is more impressive than Contes at Juventus, because he never had both Barcelona or Real Madrid in his league.

16d62y.jpg

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Simeone a shambolic manager?

He took Atletico from a team that normally finished way off the title to league champions (most two sided league in world or was), won copa del rey, won europa league, won UEFA super cup, won Supercopa de Espana and got to 2x CL finals... all in 5 seasons. Shambolic yeah? He's probably taken them as far as anybody can take them without having £150m to spunk each year on world class talent like Barca or Real do, he's definitely overachieved there and that's mainly due to him and his coaching, they are probably the toughest team we've faced up bar Peps record shattering Barca and the Bayern team in 2012 (they absolutely battered us at times). He's also been La Liga coach of the year 3 times in 5 years so there it is it confirms he is definitely a shambolic coach.

Him and Conte are more similar than you'd think, two ex players who were captains and club legends who rebuilt their clubs (Atletico & Juventus) very successfully, who have an emphasis on hard work, discipline and organisation/structure although Simeones work at Atletico is more impressive than Contes at Juventus, because he never had both Barcelona or Real Madrid in his league.

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

16d62y.jpg

I think it's been established that Leif doesn't know what he's talking about and is most likely a troll.

2 hours ago, Leif said:

Manpe, going against popular opinion doesn't make one a troll. I think only people who reside in the lower levels of their mind even use that 'troll' word seriously.

Baaahh. Baaahhhh. *munches grass*

I'm not talking about only this, many of your opinions and what you say reside on the lower levels of the mind. I would have let this one slide despite it being a shit opinion, but you started out by saying that everybody who wanted Simeone was a clown etc... So it's only fair to treat you with the same medicine.

15 hours ago, Jason said:

LOL. Who was Allegri when he was at AC Milan??? He was shit at Milan. Only in 2010-11 season he won the Serie A but after that season he became woefull there.

He has and already had world class players when he reached the UCL final with Juve. Not a real fair comparison if you ask me. 

As for Conte, Wenger showed again yesterday why he isn't a top manager anymore. Cannot motivate his players to get to the top of the table. Let's hope Conte proves otherwise. Not underestimate Sunderland and spank them and Moyes.

5 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

LOL. Who was Allegri when he was at AC Milan??? He was shit at Milan. Only in 2010-11 season he won the Serie A but after that season he became woefull there.

He has and already had world class players when he reached the UCL final with Juve. Not a real fair comparison if you ask me. 

As for Conte, Wenger showed again yesterday why he isn't a top manager anymore. Cannot motivate his players to get to the top of the table. Let's hope Conte proves otherwise. Not underestimate Sunderland and spank them and Moyes.

Although i am not for a second suggesting Allegri is better than Conte, he has done very well to keep Juve's momentum going at the top. I never get why people say that taking over a dominant/treble/all conquering team is easy, it's arguably the hardest job in football. How can you motivate players that are already at the top? How can you convince them to not only go again but to buy into new ideas?

The best jobs for managers is one's were the team's are flirting with success but haven't yet made that final step, assuming they don't win the league this season Arsenal would be a great proposition for someone if Wenger doesn't extent his contract.

Allegri has great tactical acumen, he studies specific expedients and sharply intervenes on the flow of games. He is the coach you see the hand more on sundays than weekdays. I'm sure he can do very well with sound successful teams as he is well-fitted for elimination tournaments and not really for leagues. At Chelsea he couldn't have done an ounce of what Conte's doing. 

Conte is not a leader, he is a fucking conqueror king who builds his armada and pushes to the boundaries without ever looking back. Exhaustion is the worst enemy, at first physically - march was a ponderous time and i see he is still using the very same regulars - then, slowly, a mental burnout. Chelsea directors must be good in bringing in the right players to improve technique and make a renewal of tired or relaxed ones: Conte doesn't look good at all on market. Sooner or later Conte will burn his immense energy too and i wouldn't be surprised if he'll take a sabbatical year to restore before next campaign.

I just had a magnificent idea for Juve and Chelsea to swap between Conte and Allegri every some years! Go go Conte!