The Conte Thread

Even Conte says here that Costa can improve. No whiff or sniff of him being the best striker around, yet. I'm glad.

(It's so satisfying to get a long post-match interview that's just enjoyable. I've never experienced this before.)

2 minutes ago, Leif said:

Even Conte says here that Costa can improve. No whiff or sniff of him being the best striker around, yet. I'm glad.

(It's so satisfying to get a long post-match interview that's just enjoyable. I've never experienced this before.)

the poster beanymansports usually posts full post match interviews.

Don't think this has been mentioned yet but credit to Conte for tweaking the system yesterday as well, not just changing the personnel. Started with 3-4-3, switched to 4-1-4-1 when that wasn't working, got the goal and then went to a 5-3-2 to see out the win. Not exactly ideal that we sat back after going 1-0 up but we defended well, didn't give West Brom a chance and got the job done. So, well played.

No offence intended (well, a little), but do realise deeply that some clowns on here wanted Stones & Simeone to lead us this season. The same clowns aren't posting anything about Simeone, because they only wanted him due to where Atletico ended up in the table, and the media reports. Who's watching Atletico consistently this season besides the couple of (admittedly not clowns) Griezmann fans? Shambolic manager in a shambolic league. Their players are incredible. They have some of the most talented players in world football. But they were as talented before his arrival. I'm so satisfied that things ended up how they did.

Ranieri won the league last season, should we go for him next? :getin:

22 minutes ago, Leif said:

No offence intended (well, a little), but do realise deeply that some clowns on here wanted Stones & Simeone to lead us this season. The same clowns aren't posting anything about Simeone, because they only wanted him due to where Atletico ended up in the table, and the media reports. Who's watching Atletico consistently this season besides the couple of (admittedly not clowns) Griezmann fans? Shambolic manager in a shambolic league. Their players are incredible. They have some of the most talented players in world football. But they were as talented before his arrival. I'm so satisfied that things ended up how they did.

Simeone is the best manager in the world right now.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

I think you're really overrating their players. If there's one team over the past few years that's been MUCH more than the sum of its parts, it's Simeone's Atletico. They're having a bad season (domestically) but you can't write Simeone off already.

48 minutes ago, The Chels said:

I think you're really overrating their players. If there's one team over the past few years that's been MUCH more than the sum of its parts, it's Simeone's Atletico. They're having a bad season (domestically) but you can't write Simeone off already.

Think Simeone may taken Atletico as far as he could. Feels like this would be his last season at the club.

On 12/11/2016 at 3:44 PM, BoyBlue96 said:

This man does not deserve the FA vomiting on us with that point deduction bullshit. Would be an insult to what this man has done with and for us after the Arsenal game.

It's not going to happen, calm down.