The Conte Thread

2 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Still cant believe the miracle he has pulled of with largely the same squad as last year. Fucking legend!

I see this narrative a lot and I'm always confused by it each time I read it.

Conte brought in the following regular starters: Kante, Luiz, Moses, and Alonso.

That's 4/10 outfield players. or 40%. That's close to half the team.

If we look at it just in terms of defensive players, that's 4 out of 7.

These are big changes to the squad.

Conte is doing a wonderful job at Chelsea, and I couldn't be happier with him, but can we please stop pretending this is the same squad as last season and that Conte has performed some kind of voodoo?

Let's instead celebrate the fact he's not afraid to cut underpeforming players, or to integrate previously overlooked players into the match day squad, and most importantly that he's got us set up in and playing his brand of football remarkably quickly, and better yet, that it's proving to be incredibly successful.

8 minutes ago, nofacej said:

Conte brought in the following regular starters: Kante, Luiz, Moses, and Alonso.

Conte is doing a wonderful job at Chelsea, and I couldn't be happier with him, but can we please stop pretending this is the same squad as last season and that Conte has performed some kind of voodoo?

Let's instead celebrate the fact he's not afraid to cut underpeforming players, or to integrate previously overlooked players into the match day squad, and most importantly that he's got us set up in and playing his brand of football remarkably quickly, and better yet, that it's proving to be incredibly successful.

And out of those only Kante was his number one target.

Could you imagine if he would have gotten his number one targets?

Let's hope the board does a better job next couple of transfer window.

2 hours ago, nofacej said:

Ofcourse 4/11 is a high percentage.....pretty sure we have more than 11 players.

My comments are directed more towards the likes of Costa, Hazard, Matic, Pedro and even Cahill (at times) who have all shown a remarkable improvements compared to last season.

57 minutes ago, lreland123 said:

only on top last few years with money you have as club , like see conte in a club like Liverpool with less money then Chelsea see lf he could do same as klopp

United spend a lot of money last  few years and not on top.....

Money helps but you need good managers and good team chemistry.

1 hour ago, lreland123 said:

only on top last few years with money you have as club , like see conte in a club like Liverpool with less money then Chelsea see lf he could do same as klopp

Do you realise how much Liverpool have spent in the last few years? 

Merseyside troll alert on previous page^^ Already posted 4 times on this thread and on the match thread as well.

Not even halfway through the season, and this guy is already cracking up by coming onto our forum

12 hours ago, lreland123 said:

Still your fav player is Gary fucking Cahill...

17 hours ago, lreland123 said:

still think klopp doing great job to be fair on less money spent then other clubs

The only reason the net transfer spend is lower is because the small northern club had to sell its best players, much like the other small London club who sold their best player and spanked the money everywhere. 

As for numbers of signings - sure Klopp is way ahead - but years without winning anything has forced him to buy young talent which is unproven cheaply - it's a gamble - until you actually win something - it's still work in progress... 

Klopp is a good manager - no doubt about it - but do you really think Liverpool have the ability to win? Mentally the team is useless - look what happened at Bournemouth 

i get you like trolling - but seriously come back when you win something 😂😂😂

On 04/12/2016 at 4:54 PM, LDN Blue said:

:lol: clearly most important of all, huh Barbara?

--

Watching this weekend's last PL game, it's clear why Chelsea are so efficient this season. Everton & City played us, changing their formation to match ours, and thus payed us a huge compliment in the sense we dictated how they play. I thought prior to this season it would Guardiola who would change English football but it seems to be Conte who's really influencing the approach of other teams in the league. Klopp has introduced high pressing and energy while Conte's got the formation and fitness levels up. Those double training over the summer really have put Hazard and Costa back into shape!

I have my priorities straight. ;)

I will find some time this weekend to show how much love and respect I have for this man... He won me over, proved me wrong, shut me up and I have no qualms in saying that based on form, he's the best manager in the world right now.

If players are assessed on form, managers could as well.