The Conte Thread

18 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I'm interested to see what we can get in the January transfer window. 

Apart from Bats, every buy we done has been utilize heavily by Conte. 

I don't know if we'll even sign anyone in January. You see the names were linked with like Nainggolan again and the CB Süle from Germany and they're basically the most important players at their clubs. Don't think there's a chance they would consider selling them midseason.

I just hope we don't go for another Cuadrado type who comes in, sits on the bench, and fails to settle and we regret buying him.

Like my Italian friend said (Juve fan): A born winner.

If he wins us the League in his first season, give him a 6 year contract like José got and back him. I'm sick and tired of us swapping managers so goddamn quickly. Not one manager had the chance to build something here because he would end up getting sacked by Roman for ending second (Carlo) or a UCL loss (Roberto) or whatever. Please, give this man all the time he needs.

Im so surprised how our mentality changed through few months... In last seasons where Jose was our menago, we did two situation:

1. Scored first, take 1-0 and play bus to the end.

2. Conceded goal and our mentality broke down. In 90% situations like this we couldn't score goals and win that match.

But now, well we go for as mane goals as we can, dont stop at 1-0. Moreover, we can work out result when we are losing... Conte is pure genius.:wub:

On 12/5/2016 at 8:48 AM, Pizy said:

I don't know if we'll even sign anyone in January. You see the names were linked with like Nainggolan again and the CB Süle from Germany and they're basically the most important players at their clubs. Don't think there's a chance they would consider selling them midseason.

I just hope we don't go for another Cuadrado type who comes in, sits on the bench, and fails to settle and we regret buying him.

I'll be surprised if we sign any. Next season we are going to get Christensen , Kennedy , baba and maybe zouma back at 100%

1 hour ago, communicate said:

I'll be surprised if we sign any. Next season we are going to get Christensen , Kennedy , baba and maybe zouma back at 100%

At this point, I'm going to say Kenedy and Baba Rahman are overhyped and overrated. Neither has done much to have us go 'wow, he's good!'.

1 minute ago, Roquila said:

If Hazard needed a reason to never do meth...

There were thousands doing it in WW II and didn't do them any harm. But theu were told it was just to keep them awake, not to have to eat and concentrate for ever. Which of course is all right. So I'm told.

snort_zps4hgszn11.gif

Just last night I was researching 'smart drugs' and what can help overcome procrastination other than discipline; the main recommendation above all herbal supplements etc. was actually meth. I did some more research, and saw that both meth & crack cocaine are wildly misunderstood. They've done many tests, and only 15% of users actually develop an addiction to either substance. The only people who become addicted, are those who have no other source of joy. That's to say, when you offer sex, or money, or a thrilling experience some other way to a crack/meth user, they'll take what you're offering over the meth. Just like how we'd have 60% less alcoholics if those alcoholics simply had more going on in life. 

Breaking Bad & GTA certainly don't help the reputation of meth. And I'd still be scared to try it. But, it isn't like... a huge dose of opium. Even heroin isn't bad compared to a lot of other similar compounds. Then there's the fact Speed is just the same as what Adderall is (Speed was also recommended for studying.) 

Shoutout all the drugs.

12 minutes ago, Leif said:

Just last night I was researching 'smart drugs' and what can help overcome procrastination other than discipline; the main recommendation above all herbal supplements etc. was actually meth. I did some more research, and saw that both meth & crack cocaine are wildly misunderstood. They've done many tests, and only 15% of users actually develop an addiction to either substance. The only people who become addicted, are those who have no other source of joy. That's to say, when you offer sex, or money, or a thrilling experience some other way to a crack/meth user, they'll take what you're offering over the meth. Just like how we'd have 60% less alcoholics if those alcoholics simply had more going on in life. 

Breaking Bad & GTA certainly don't help the reputation of meth. And I'd still be scared to try it. But, it isn't like... a huge dose of opium. Even heroin isn't bad compared to a lot of other similar compounds. Then there's the fact Speed is just the same as what Adderall is (Speed was also recommended for studying.) 

Shoutout all the drugs.

I think we should take this conversation to The Pub ;)

Chelsea's Premier League title charge can get massive December boost

Chelsea are top of the Premier League, and talk of the title is getting more and more difficult for Antonio Conte to ignore.

Saturday's 3-1 victory over Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium lifted the Blues three points clear of nearest challengers Arsenal, as well as extending their winning streak in the Premier League to eight matches. But recent history reinforced Chelsea's title credentials even before the weekend.

Four of the last six Premier League champions led the table on Dec. 1, as Conte's men did (Leicester City last season were second to City only on goal difference), and the Blues have been top going into the festive period in each of their four title-winning seasons.

All of the league leaders mentioned above were still in top spot by Jan. 1, meaning a good December will go a long way toward cementing Chelsea's status as Premier League title favourites. Conte knows this, which is why he is refusing to comment on his team's chances until the New Year.

Fortunately for the Blues, their five remaining fixtures in December look very favourable: three games against West Brom (H), Sunderland (A) and Crystal Palace (A) are rounded off by home matches against Bournemouth and Stoke City. They don't face another top-six team until Jan. 4, when Tottenham will be looking for revenge at White Hart Lane.

"In the next two weeks, we have three games coming up against so-called lesser teams," Thibaut Courtois said after the City victory. "If we can win these games, we will have gone a long way toward winning the title."

Three of those five matches are at home, and the two away trips are to face the lowest-ranked teams on Chelsea's festive schedule: Sunderland (18th) and Palace (13th). The average league position of their five remaining December opponents is 11.4 -- which is not exactly intimidating to a club on such a run of form.

Given Chelsea's blistering start and good health, taking 15 points from a possible 15 is not inconceivable, though it is unlikely.

The only time Chelsea have won all six of their December fixtures was in the 2005-06 season, when Jose Mourinho's defending champions began the new campaign like a runaway train. A perfect festive run extended the Blues' lead over Manchester United from 10 to 11 points, and a second consecutive title was virtually wrapped up by the end of January.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/chelsea/363/blog/post/3013017/chelseas-premier-league-title-charge-can-get-massive-december-boost