The Conte Thread

Yes, 2-0 down could have been a challenge, but there was always a question about whether we could get back into a game with this system, after going a goal down.

And we've answered that with games against teams like City and Tottenham, nonetheless. In this one we were down at half time. Good character building for the side.

10 minutes ago, Pseudo said:

He was outcoached today in my opinion. But I love the spirit he has instilled in the squad.

I wouldn't say out-coached. Granted, Costa made things easier, but there were more or less equal opportunities for both teams to make the most of some shoddy defending. City just failed to take their chances. And like you said, the spirit instilled in the squad has made it possible for defenders to bail each other out, especially with the last-ditch clearances in the second half.

8 minutes ago, Pseudo said:

He was outcoached today in my opinion. But I love the spirit he has instilled in the squad.

I disagree but Pep is a very good manager at finding the weakness of other team. They exploited the space between our cb and wb  also gary cahill lack of speed. 

Conte did something similar with Costa against Otamendi. IMO both manager has good game plan, City has the better player and they execute it really well other than finishing.

We could not dominate like City but we were more ruthless

2 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

He does need to address these wide areas, we seem to be exposed in. Alonso properly caught out today, teams are going to have watched this and Tottenham and seen we can be scored against. We're lucky because we have enough attacking power to outscore the likes of Spurs and Citeh, but areas need to be reinforced.

Cahill lack of pace is a major problem imo