The Conte Thread

3 hours ago, It's too big said:

If Koeman, Ranieri and Mourinho couldn't outwit Conte, what's to say "no plan B" Pochettino will? Pep is without doubt going to come with a solid plan though, but maybe, just maybe people have underestimated just how tactically astute Conte is. I do, however, feel that both Spurs and City will come to press us as intently as they can, which could force us into making mistakes. 

One thing to consider is the Spurs have a very important away game vs Monaco on Tuesday, its pretty much a must win so you can bet they will be employing a high press in that one. They don't really have the squad to compete on both fronts so I would imagine they press against Monaco and switch to 3-4-3 against us on saturday. 

12 hours ago, It's too big said:

If Koeman, Ranieri and Mourinho couldn't outwit Conte, what's to say "no plan B" Pochettino will? Pep is without doubt going to come with a solid plan though, but maybe, just maybe people have underestimated just how tactically astute Conte is. I do, however, feel that both Spurs and City will come to press us as intently as they can, which could force us into making mistakes. 

They are good managers but think you might have overestimated Koeman, Ranieri and Mourinho (we should know best about him!). Having no 'Plan B' is different from having the ability to outwit a manager. And no one is underestimating Conte's tactical acumen, but merely acknowledging that someone is going to ask serious questions about us and our 3-4-3 soon and it might just happen in 1/2 or next 2 games. The pressing bit is interesting - Boro did that yesterday and we didn't manage it very well (probably not helped by players being tired after the international break). Certainly need to improve on that against Spurs and City and not give the ball away so cheaply like against Boro.

17 hours ago, It's too big said:

Ive read that the best formation to play against a 3-4-3 is Shitys 4-3-3.

Do we reckon Conte will stick to it or change?

20 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Only Pep can really find a solution to this 343, it wont mean that Conte knows Pep flaws, and Pep flaws are way more obvious than Conte's.

Rabah Saâdane only him may find a solution to IlCapo 3-4-3

When we made this hire, I had high hopes. But in no way could I have imagined such a quick turn around. The attacking prowess right now is magic. Six consecutive PL clean sheets! SIX!

It seems to be as simple as freeing Hazard to roam freely, get Hazard and Pedro inside the wingbacks going forward, insert Moses on the right wing, Alonso on the left wing, insert Luiz at CB and switch to a 3-4-3. Oh, and remove Ivanovic,  Terry, Oscar, Fabregas and Willian from the starting XI. See, it was that simple all along :P

Seriously though, Conte not only figured out the above formula, he waited before implementing too quickly. Of the five players, most everyone on the board commented on the need for changes, save Terry due to his Legend status. Ivanovic has given us tremendous efforts in prior years (before last year), Fabregas was pure magic prior to last year (but is a defensive nightmare now), Willian gives 100% all of the time, but is a bit slow and struggles to keep pace and finish. Terry is pure Legend and hate that this day has come, but it has. Oscar. Well, he is just still Oscar.

Give Conte another couple of transfer windows and we may make some serious European noises. And I am convinced with his managing skill, we do not have to buy the big splash, millions of pounds signings.

And to think just 12 months ago we were barely out of the relegation zone. What was that guy's name again that was manager before Guus 12 months ago? I cannot remember it now :D

Oh, and one last thing, Conte has truly been getting the best out of Costa. And without the theatrics and dark art behavior. Costa the last year under that nameless guy was hurting the team and difficult to watch. This Costa is world class all the way!

Thank you Antonio Conte for all you do for Chelsea FC!!

50 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Speaking of strikers, Conte also had a few really nice words about our current starting trio of forwards.
“Pedro? He has qualities of absolute excellence.
He’s perfect for the 3-4-3.”
“As for Diego Costa, Diego is one of the best strikers in the world. For us it’s not just important that he’s a goalscorer, but that he works for the team. The progression in his behaviour is thanks to his application. He realised he had to grow in terms of his temperament.”
“Eden Hazard? Eden’s talent is beyond question, he’s a world class player and a great lad. He has a surprising maturity for his age. He’s already built a family and he’s only 25.”
But the highest praise was saved for none other than Victor Moses, whose level of skill has left Conte dumbfounded that the wing-back had been overlooked by some many other coaches previously.
“I could see his potential from the first days of the summer training camp. Moses has important qualities: technique, physical strength, the ability to cover seventy meters of the pitch.”
“I find it incredible that someone like him has been underestimated.”
-Antonio Conte; source: Gazzetta dello Sport via Football Italia

That's what I call a manager.

On 21/11/2016 at 3:41 PM, Unionjack said:

Ive read that the best formation to play against a 3-4-3 is Shitys 4-3-3.

Do we reckon Conte will stick to it or change?

Tbh I think its good for us that Yaya dosnt play for Pep (at least I hope he wont). 

We always had problems with Yaya because he is strong, direct player and if Pep keeps him out of game, it will be good for us

12 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Tbh I think its good for us that Yaya dosnt play for Pep (at least I hope he wont). 

We always had problems with Yaya because he is strong, direct player and if Pep keeps him out of game, it will be good for us

Ehm... Did you miss Citys win against Crystal Palace...?

On 23/11/2016 at 10:57 AM, Styles said:

Love his recent comments about Moses being under appreciated. That is one of the most important things about being a coach: being able to develop players & also being creative enough to try new things.

Have a lot of respect for this guy now. Not ashamed to say I was very wrong about him with some of my comments earlier in the season.

never mind, i forgive you :)

now all together towards the glory