The Conte Thread

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

We can forget about any successful future if we sack Conte for coming second after the season we had last time out.

There's no way the board would be that stupid. His job will only be on the line, if top 4 isn't achieved.

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If we finish 2nd the way we have been playing then no chance is happening, if we suddenly from a fortnight forward go all 10/11 and start producing stale rubbish and sneak 2nd through grinding undeserved results then he might be in trouble. I still get annoyed by this myth we keep sacking great managers out of the blue when we are doing well, aside from Ranieri (and Avram if you believe he was the gaffer in anything other than name) all our sackings have been with the team in a downward spiral, infact you could make a case for all of them surviving longer than they actually deserved.

'Roman - The Trigger Happy Owner', rather than 'Roman - The Reasonable Owner', is a better narrative for people to use.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Just thought, Conte is actually covering the whole lineups weaknesses with this formation.

Luiz can now go on his runs without consequence knowing there is cover.

Cahill as limited as he is can perform in the right system and players protecting him, he's got that now.

Azpilicueta doesn't now play in a position were he has a lot responsibility going forward, he can solely focus on defense.

Alonso is an average left back, but with his endless stamina at wing back can get up and down and effectively act like two players.

Moses, average winger, but now in a position were athleticism and pace are a kote important aspect than decision making, which he is average at best at.

Kante can now get up and down like he did with Leicester, instead of holding.

Matic doesn't have to babysit Cesc anymore.

Pedro plays closer to goal and we see more of the movements and combinations we did at Barca, he no longer has to pick the balup deep and make things happen.

Costa, playing with Haz and Pedro close to him, less isolated, he doesn't need to try and dribble past players anymore instead has passing options.

Best till last Eden, more free role not confined to the left, due to Alonso covering the area of two players he doesn't have to defend as much anymore and its showing.

He's literally playing to the whole current lineups strength.

You're right.

Hes doing what he did wuth his defenders before but now just on a bigger scale.

It was obvious he would need time to suss out the lads strengths/weaknesses (I thought it would take the season)

Instead of going out in his 1st transfer window buying a load of players he didn't know he would need he bought wisely the ones he thought he would need or manipulate.

He's used and tried the majority of our playrers in varios positions in various formations and now hes got and getting a stronger idea of just what kinda players we will need to get us stronger

Unlike Mou who just because he could hes gone out buying expensive individuals that dont fit in with any of the other players.

I know the lads Conte bought weren't really cheap but each one has got is or would be starters (I do think Bats would if given more playing time) and each one is a big part of the team.

You can't win the league title in autumn but you can definitely lose it during this time of the year.

I don't want to get carried away, though, the signs have been encouraging thus far: This is the Chelsea I've been longing for.

I always try to wait a little bit before i react to the weekends events as to control my emotions and focus on our actual goal. The way we are playing is absolutely ridiculously amazingly awesome at the moment. I hope we never come down, although we will at some point(maybe). That being said 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th doesnt matter to me as long as we are in one of those 4 positions. It is all well and good to be challenging for the prem title but lets not forget our main goal here is top 4 CL spot. Conte has worked a miracle so far, lets hope he gets another couple players he wants in the Jan window so we can continue to build momentum and make a splash in the summer. What player wouldnt want to come play for a coach like this? My goodness.