The Conte Thread

2 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

So, Pep looked at our squad and said we need 10 new players, didn't want it.

No doubt that Pep is a good manager, but he hasn't shaken the tag that he only wants to go to the "best" team (read: most money, best on paper) in the league and isn't up for a challenge.

Seems that we only needed 1 CB who can play with the ball, and 1 LWB.  Most importantly, 1 manager who can be flexible and get the most out of the players he's got and put them in to position to succeed with lots of hard work.  

There's no evidence Pep actually "said" that. You can't take what the media says as face value fact. What Pep actually said about our side (and the only thing I've heard him say about Chelsea so far) is that together with Liverpool, we're up there with his team challenging for the title. He said that AFTER Liverpool outclassed us at the Bridge and obviously before the formation and personnel changes. He obviously saw the potential in our squad.

He also said Conte was an underrated signing for us in his introductory press conference as City manager. Bottom line is he never said we need 10 players. If anything, he's been complementary.

It'll happen sooner or later but interested to see how we respond in this current system when we concede the opening goal of a match. Not counting the West Ham game since we didn't play our first team, although it did suggest we won't have issues responding since we did create chances and could/should have scored a few.

Nothing I can say could convey just how much I appreciate the Don. And I know all Blues everywhere feel the same.

So lets raise our voices to the footballing gods and scream his name.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2016/11/05/29228492/-

17 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

This is what we and especially Roman were waiting for years. Other teams are now gonna examine us and try to stop us playing! And with Jose we always used to stop other teams playing (Even Moyes' Man Utd :D).

When I mentuined before hickoff that Everton had gone 3-4-3 someone stated that they changed to Citehs formation whern they played and totally shut them down and they will do the same to us!!

So other teams HAVE studied us. Not just any team but one wirh the best defensive record in the league this season.

Everyone who is interviewed by the press about Conte talks about how much worj his teams do about the teams they play tactics.

Ive supported us long enuf to know we will have a cock ip or 2 but no bullshit I trust Conte, Hes done something we have ALL wanted (from Roman down) that is made us the most exciting team to watch while keeping clean sheets. And I want to thank him and the lads for putting this daft grin on my  face

5 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Edit: look at that passing map. Never thought I'd ever live to see the day of juego de posicion at Chelsea. Tears. 

Obligatory University London Course:Theorem of 3/4/3

I know a lot has been said about our defense, as it should, 5 clean sheets in a row is like an alternate universe, but when I said we don't look at all like a defensive team, I didn't have realized yet we have the best attack in the league, with 26 goals. Even if Arsenal and/or Liverpool become top scorers tomorrow, it just shows that this team has an attack vocation. 16 goals in 5 matches averages over three per match and we haven't played anyone from relegation fold but Hull in those matches. While Leicester aren't on the best and United continue to be stock laughing, we've overcome two of the best defenses of the league among those in Soto away and Everton.

Top of the table, best attack, biggest goal difference, best defense streak and second best defense in general. Not bad at all - especially because those stats include the horrendous 0-3 against Arsenal (which was a blessing in disguise as we've changed from water to wine ever since).

Do we have a function to view the most "liked" posts in a thread? I've unfortunately not been able to watch a single 90 this season and have yet to form my mind one way or the other about him. Alternatively, could anyone describe the main pro and contra camps (it's never too early for those to form)?

4 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

There's no evidence Pep actually "said" that. You can't take what the media says as face value fact. What Pep actually said about our side (and the only thing I've heard him say about Chelsea so far) is that together with Liverpool, we're up there with his team challenging for the title. He said that AFTER Liverpool outclassed us at the Bridge and obviously before the formation and personnel changes. He obviously saw the potential in our squad.

He also said Conte was an underrated signing for us in his introductory press conference as City manager. Bottom line is he never said we need 10 players. If anything, he's been complementary.

Right, I picked that up from around these parts, actually.  I suppose that's what I get.

Cheers.