test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

7,521 posts in this topic
10 minutes ago, Pseudo said:

He was outcoached today in my opinion. But I love the spirit he has instilled in the squad.

I wouldn't say out-coached. Granted, Costa made things easier, but there were more or less equal opportunities for both teams to make the most of some shoddy defending. City just failed to take their chances. And like you said, the spirit instilled in the squad has made it possible for defenders to bail each other out, especially with the last-ditch clearances in the second half.

Amblève. likes this

8 minutes ago, Pseudo said:

He was outcoached today in my opinion. But I love the spirit he has instilled in the squad.

I disagree but Pep is a very good manager at finding the weakness of other team. They exploited the space between our cb and wb  also gary cahill lack of speed. 

Conte did something similar with Costa against Otamendi. IMO both manager has good game plan, City has the better player and they execute it really well other than finishing.

We could not dominate like City but we were more ruthless

2 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

He does need to address these wide areas, we seem to be exposed in. Alonso properly caught out today, teams are going to have watched this and Tottenham and seen we can be scored against. We're lucky because we have enough attacking power to outscore the likes of Spurs and Citeh, but areas need to be reinforced.

Cahill lack of pace is a major problem imo

Just now, communicate said:

Cahill lack of pace is a major problem imo

Yeah and Alonso isn't blessed with much either. This is an apt time to start blooding Zouma on that side, he's quick enough to be able to get out to those wide areas before the problem develops. Cahill and Alonso painfully exposed today.

kellzfresh, dimmas and !Hazard! like this

Just now, LDN Blue said:

Yeah and Alonso isn't blessed with much either. This is an apt time to start blooding Zouma on that side, he's quick enough to be able to get out to those wide areas before the problem develops. Cahill and Alonso painfully exposed today.

He probably need more gametime and today's game is definitely not the right time

He probably need more gametime and today's game is definitely not the right time

Yeah of course, for the short term that will hold. But once teams start to focus on that weakness of our team, Conte's hand will be forced.

next 5 games are easy, we neee to start resting some players and give chance to zouma

Just now, MefiX19 said:

next 5 games are easy, we neee to start resting some players and give chance to zouma

We need to slowly integrate him into the team,  I honestly don't remember how he is on the ball. I just remember Zouma to be a really quick and strong cb

3 minutes ago, communicate said:

I honestly don't remember how he is on the ball.

Not good is how I remeber lol. Often looked uncomfortable with ball at feet and under pressure too, so yes there's a need for him to now show maturity on the ball - Working with Luiz, Azpi and Conte would help. 

But yeah, he'll need a run of games for sure before he can be considered to be a starter.

5 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

That's the worst thing we can do now - to think that middle or bottom table teams will be easy to beat. Normally we have to win these games of course but every game is difficult, especially away from home. Stay humble now, celebrate later!

Barbara, The Skipper, WNDS and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, Tautvix said:

That's the worst thing we can do now - to think that middle or bottom table teams will be easy to beat. Normally we have to win these games of course but every game is difficult, especially away from home. Stay humble now, celebrate later!

So much this.

Winning a league is a case of going even with the other title contenders in the head to heads, and picking up more points against the weaker sides.

Beating your direct rivals makes it easier, but consistency against the also rans is what will win the league.