The Conte Thread

7 hours ago, Eidur the Spider said:

It feels so weird to have such a sense of optimism. I missed yesterday's game because I went to watch an ICW Wrestling show, but I was worried that we'd lose to Soton considering the form they are on, but when my dad texted me the result I was bloody chuffed.

The feel good factor is creeping back into my beloved club after the past three seasons with Jose and his antics, Conte has done tremendously so far and while I'm not going to allow myself to get too carried away, I appreciate the sense of optimism and hopefulness that's spawned out of this little run.

It's not only with results, and the change in formation which is already very encouraging, it's also to do with looking to the future, and the players he's getting the best out of, namely for me David Luiz and Victor Moses, as well as giving nods of genuine encouragement to the youth in Aina and Chalobah. It's the first manager in a long while who, when he says he'll give someone a chance to shine I genuinely believe it. Tammy Abraham in particular is one I'm anxious to see back in a blue shirt soon and one can only imagine what a positive, encouraging manager like Conte could do for him and many other young players. Compare that to Mourinho's 'academy day' nonsense and it's like night and day!

FORZA CONTE! UP THE CHELSEA!

Agree, but what three years? Jose second year when we won title and with Didi back, it was still great year.

People forget the good things so quickly after some poor results.

11 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Agree, but what three years? Jose second year when we won title and with Didi back, it was still great year.

People forget the good things so quickly after some poor results.

This might sound daft but apart from the very beginning of that title winning season, my enjoyment factor in watching Chelsea play was pretty much as low as it has ever been.

Combine that with Mourinho's more volatile post-Madrid antics and I have to say that title victory, albeit a great comeback for the club after a few years wanting, felt a little flat for me. Just my two cents though!

3 matches this month:

Coming saturday Everton at the Bridge, Boro away...and Tottenham Cockspur at the Bridge.

Everton is going to be difficult..but I believe in this team and our tactics. Guess we'll scrape through it. Boro won't be much of a problem but Spurs...now if he beats them he is yet another step closer to fan-immortality!

And, like every Chelsea fan, I want Conte to beat those fuckers and put them in their place. Maybe if they still manage to go undefeated coming two match rounds give them their well deserved first league defeat this season!

6 hours ago, Eidur the Spider said:

This might sound daft but apart from the very beginning of that title winning season, my enjoyment factor in watching Chelsea play was pretty much as low as it has ever been.

Combine that with Mourinho's more volatile post-Madrid antics and I have to say that title victory, albeit a great comeback for the club after a few years wanting, felt a little flat for me. Just my two cents though!

I'm not Jose apologist but those are totally first-world football problems.

Not liking the manner in which the title was won?  How many clubs would kill for that?

I get what you're saying, but it's official.  We've become spoiled.

54 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'm not Jose apologist but those are totally first-world football problems.

Not liking the manner in which the title was won?  How many clubs would kill for that?

I get what you're saying, but it's official.  We've become spoiled.

I was talking more from a pure footballing enjoyment stand point mate, but I totally accept what you are saying and I think it's the way football has gone a little bit, its not just what you win it's how you win it. Obviously I enjoyed the title win, I'd have to be a non Chelsea fan not too, I was merely pointing out the more 'feel good' factor that seems present amongst the players how we approach games like Man United and Soton makes me perk up after last season's disgrace. I may be going a bit overboard purely due to the relief of it all but I have been consistently saying on this forum even before we won the title that something felt 'off' and at times yes it did hamper my enjoyment for watching Chelsea play even during that title win (especially after the Spurs drubbing). I think modern day football fans are to some varying degree spoilt and fickle and I hold my hands up to it like many others have.

I wonder if Mourinho would change a player like Fabio Cannavaro to defensive-midfielder because of his sub 185cm height. We all know he would never have had the sheer audacity to try Cesar Azpilicueta [a career fullback ] at the centreback position. Actually it seems to be a career hallmark of Jose Mourinho to play defenders at defensive-midfield. Javier Zanetti, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, and Fabio Coentrao, all have played and failed (except Zanetti) at defensive-midfield.

7 hours ago, Eidur the Spider said:

I was talking more from a pure footballing enjoyment stand point mate, but I totally accept what you are saying and I think it's the way football has gone a little bit, its not just what you win it's how you win it. Obviously I enjoyed the title win, I'd have to be a non Chelsea fan not too, I was merely pointing out the more 'feel good' factor that seems present amongst the players how we approach games like Man United and Soton makes me perk up after last season's disgrace. I may be going a bit overboard purely due to the relief of it all but I have been consistently saying on this forum even before we won the title that something felt 'off' and at times yes it did hamper my enjoyment for watching Chelsea play even during that title win (especially after the Spurs drubbing). I think modern day football fans are to some varying degree spoilt and fickle and I hold my hands up to it like many others have.

I know.  I totally get you.  Some of those matches during the grind of the second half of the season were tough to watch.  I don't disagree with you.  I'm just remarking on how strange it is to feel that way.  It's totally first-world football problems, but you're not wrong.

I'm really enjoying the enthusiasm on the pitch as well.  All XI working hard for the team.  The play is unselfish, it all feels like team goals and team clean sheets.  I'm loving the football this season.  

21 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

But if you watch that footballl on monday show that stat list showed just how much Luiz had developed as a CD and given all the extra power,reliance,trust. (The soddin word is on the end of me tongue lol grrrr) So he stays in positin while Dave/Cahill can get more forward/. They were gushing about how good hes been under this system.

Something I just read really pleased me too about Roman.

How he followed them to Australia pre season, goes to watch training at Cobham and sits with Conte watching the films he shows the lads. How many owners care so much about the team that he wants to learn the system and plays. Love it.

I just wish I could have seen him when we pissed on Mou on his birthday. He gets so animated while hes watching, like hes kicking every ball. Ecvellent owner..

Htttp://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10641549/antonio-conte-says-chelsea-owner-roman-abramovich-wants-to-learn-about-football

Antonio Conte says Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich 'wants to learn about football'

I know everyones really excited and laying basking in the afterglow of winning.

But during the 1st halk of Southampton (just go back and read the thread) MANY of us on here were nervous/scared/deflamatory about how good the Saints were and how they were walking all over us.

As the stats have all shown over the games since the systems changed that the opposing teams have each had more posession than us, more passes. But we have been happy to allow this as theres much less shots on goal and we haven't once found it necessary to even get on the bus let alone park it!!

We gotta have more confidence in this system while the games on and have trust that they know what theyre doing. And theres gonna be times we lose so it dont mean we throw our toys out the pram saying we fuckin suck. Its football, shit happens.

Speaking of shit. God I'm looking forward to getting Spuds in a couple of weeks!!!

Of course Roman wants to learn 'bout football. Guy showed he knows absolutely nothing about it and the process about team building when he sacked Carlo Ancelotti.

Oh about Spurs in the coming weeks: hope they and Arsene FC are going for a draw coming sunday and for us, win against Everton and also easily against Boro so the lads are going into the Spuds game with full confidence.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

But if you watch that footballl on monday show that stat list showed just how much Luiz had developed as a CD and given all the extra power,reliance,trust. (The soddin word is on the end of me tongue lol grrrr) So he stays in positin while Dave/Cahill can get more forward/. They were gushing about how good hes been under this system.

Something I just read really pleased me too about Roman.

How he followed them to Australia pre season, goes to watch training at Cobham and sits with Conte watching the films he shows the lads. How many owners care so much about the team that he wants to learn the system and plays. Love it.

I just wish I could have seen him when we pissed on Mou on his birthday. He gets so animated while hes watching, like hes kicking every ball. Ecvellent owner..

Htttp://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10641549/antonio-conte-says-chelsea-owner-roman-abramovich-wants-to-learn-about-football

Antonio Conte says Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich 'wants to learn about football'

I know everyones really excited and laying basking in the afterglow of winning.

But during the 1st halk of Southampton (just go back and read the thread) MANY of us on here were nervous/scared/deflamatory about how good the Saints were and how they were walking all over us.

As the stats have all shown over the games since the systems changed that the opposing teams have each had more posession than us, more passes. But we have been happy to allow this as theres much less shots on goal and we haven't once found it necessary to even get on the bus let alone park it!!

We gotta have more confidence in this system while the games on and have trust that they know what theyre doing. And theres gonna be times we lose so it dont mean we throw our toys out the pram saying we fuckin suck. Its football, shit happens.

Speaking of shit. God I'm looking forward to getting Spuds in a couple of weeks!!!

There was something interesting that he said at the end of the video. 

Check  it out here:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/premier-league/10641523/conte-explains-chelsea-demands

Saying how in Italy he would have other people making decisions, but here hes more responsible for that......Sounds like Buckenalo and company don't interfere as much as they do in Italy....

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

There was something interesting that he said at the end of the video. 

Check  it out here:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/premier-league/10641523/conte-explains-chelsea-demands

Saying how in Italy he would have other people making decisions, but here hes more responsible for that......Sounds like Buckenalo and company don't interfere as much as they do in Italy....

Yeah noted that myself too.

I would dearly love to know how/who/when all transfer decisions were made coming and going tho. And for at least someone toi put their hands up just once in a while to own up for making the wrong decision.,