The Conte Thread

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Don't jinx it! Maybe I'm just being paranoid but now that Ivanovic is back from injury, I'm kinda scared that Conte will throw him straight back into the starting XI.

Have to be retarded to switch Moses for Ivanovic.

The last 4 league games have been a delight. Absolutely fantastic, indeed. But let's be honest, someone will find a way to beat us at a certain point. I think that's when it's gonna be very important not to go crazy and criticize the tactics. We need to show faith and to keep going with this, because it's clearly what suits us best. We need to remember these times when results won't be as good as they are now and to always have our manager's back. 

|Conference Call: Fantastic on and off the pitch|

For the second Sunday in succession Antonio Conte was left delighted by his team’s performance, and the boss also praised the travelling support for their constant backing of his players.The Blues followed up last week’s 4-0 win over Manchester United with a showing that at least matched it against an in-form Southampton side who have earned plenty of plaudits recently.The damage was done early in each half, Eden Hazard and Diego Costa each netting cracking goals, and the collective defensive effort was yet again on point with our hosts mustering only a solitary on-target effort. Conte was understandably in a great mood afterwards…

‘I’m delighted, for sure,’ he began. ‘I saw a lot of positive things, above all because we played against a strong team also in a good moment of form. To come here and win wasn’t easy, I said that on Friday.‘I’m pleased with the commitment and work-rate. The players worked very hard during the game with and without the ball. This is the right way to reach great satisfaction in this championship.‘We created many chances, and also for four games we have kept clean sheets. It means our confidence is increasing. The players deserve this. I see them every day, the way they are working. It’s important to arrive at this type of result because they can trust the work more, but we know the road is long and it’s important to continue to work very hard to improve.‘It wasn’t an easy game today but to stay close to first place is good. It gives us great confidence.’

Conte highlighted the attacking trio’s efforts
‘When you see Eden and Diego, and Pedro, working very hard during the game, you are happy. They are strikers and usually it’s a bit difficult for the strikers to work for the team, but their commitment and work-rate is fantastic.’

The wing-backs, Marcos Alonso and Victor Moses, were influential once again
This role is very important in this system. You must have good stamina and quality to play as wing-backs. I ask my wing-backs to do offensive and defensive work. Moses is a great surprise in this aspect. We know Moses as a winger, but he’s playing in a fantastic way. Also Alonso, it wasn’t easy to go in to the English league and play in this way, and I’m pleased.‘In this role, Pedro also can play, in the same way as Moses. Ivanovic or Aina can play a more defensive role as wing-back.’

The boss had a message for the 3,000-strong away following
‘Today I want to thank our supporters. They were fantastic from the first minute until the end. It was fantastic and I want to thank them, from me and the players. I hope to continue always together.’

Conte considered our long-term prospects after another great win
‘Game by game, I am seeing a lot of positive things after games. I have confidence because we can improve a lot. The only way we must continue is to work and don’t look at the table. Now it’s very difficult to talk about a prediction. Many games must pass, above all the first part of the season, then you can see if you can stay up and fight for the title.’ 

chelseafc.com

conference-call-southampton-away.img.png

2 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Antonio Conte is proving to be a very difficult manager to figure out for the opposition. While I agree we have a wealth of luxury with the players we can call upon, finding the right system to put these players in the right conditions to win has been elusive until now. Conte's 3-4-3 is actually defensively a 5-2-2-1 but its incredibly hard to find any areas to exploit. Most managers will tell you to exploit a 3-4-3 you need to get the ball in wide areas and drag the defenders out of position, Conte's system is so well organized that even if you pull one of the defenders out of position, the midfielders or strikers know they have to drop in to take up the space. This is the 4th game in a row where this system has not once looked under threat. You would expect it from Hull at home but Leicester and Southampton away and Utd at home has cemented it in my mind, we are very tough to play against and the shape change, though not new to the league, is being deployed in a way teams haven't yet figured out.

Conte is proving to be a very astute coach and in a very short amount of time(no really preseason training). If we continue to find him players for his system there is no telling what this team an achieve. Having said that I can't really think of an available player who can come into this current XI and make it significantly better. You can argue Bonucci but if everyone is being completely honest with themselves, David Luiz has been nothing short of incredible since arriving so its hard to see a need for Bonucci given Luiz's play. Nainggolan is not going to displace either Matic or Kante at this point so its hard to see where he fits in. The only place where I think we can do better is the right sided attacking mid. I like what Pedro has done and I love Willian's work rate but I can only think how dangerous we could be with someone like Griezmann on the right flank. The goals he brings could make us extremely formidable in all areas.

Yeah, a player for the RW/RCAM/SS role that Pedro is playing could be an upgrade.  I also think that a LCB can be brought in.  Cahill is playing alright, but if he were more comfortable on the ball, we'd build up better.  One of the ways that the 343 is weak is in the build up if the other team overloads the middle of the pitch (3v2).  The RCB and LCB need to get wide and bring the ball in to midfield if the midfield 2 and wingbacks are marked.  

Conte is the Real deal. 

Just think what he could do with us if he gets the players he wants. He is doing so good atm I hope he and the team continues and the board and Roman back him 100% in the next transferwindows so he get his desired transfer targets. 

5 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

The remarkable thing about our starting lineup right now, is that we have so much firepower/defensive options still left on the bench to call on during games. Batshuayi, Willian, Terry, Fabregas....

I dont see Fabregas getting any playing time soon.

It feels so weird to have such a sense of optimism. I missed yesterday's game because I went to watch an ICW Wrestling show, but I was worried that we'd lose to Soton considering the form they are on, but when my dad texted me the result I was bloody chuffed.

The feel good factor is creeping back into my beloved club after the past three seasons with Jose and his antics, Conte has done tremendously so far and while I'm not going to allow myself to get too carried away, I appreciate the sense of optimism and hopefulness that's spawned out of this little run.

It's not only with results, and the change in formation which is already very encouraging, it's also to do with looking to the future, and the players he's getting the best out of, namely for me David Luiz and Victor Moses, as well as giving nods of genuine encouragement to the youth in Aina and Chalobah. It's the first manager in a long while who, when he says he'll give someone a chance to shine I genuinely believe it. Tammy Abraham in particular is one I'm anxious to see back in a blue shirt soon and one can only imagine what a positive, encouraging manager like Conte could do for him and many other young players. Compare that to Mourinho's 'academy day' nonsense and it's like night and day!

FORZA CONTE! UP THE CHELSEA!

1 hour ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Compare that to Mourinho's 'academy day' nonsense and it's like night and day!

:lol: 5 minutes to RLC in a pointless CL game where nothing was at stake vs. 20 minutes to Nate against Man United in a high pressure game where everything (at least the clean sheet) was at stake. You are right, super excited with everything related to Chelsea, it has rekindled my interest in the game. Can't wait for the next two transfer windows to see what we really can do.