The Conte Thread

2 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

No one is asking Conte to drop all the under performing players and replace them with Under-21 players

Replacing one senior first team player with a youngster shouldn't be a problem. 

A small change in the lineup may be a good thing. For example: Try Chalobah in midfield alongside Kante, see if it makes our midfield more dynamic against the opposition..

Very well put mate.

The more and more we see of these under performing players the more and more I am inclined to think that the starting line up is selected outside of Conte's realm.

I've always believed that managers should be given a chance to prove themselves, but in order to be given the chance there should be signs that the team is slowly getting better and adopting the manager's ideas. We saw it with Klopp and now with pep. The trouble with conte is that this team looks awful. I'm not expecting them to play like Barcelona immediately but with the time he's had with the squad we should be seeing some signs already of his so called idea of football But we haven't. 

Forget the board and lack of spending etc, this team is still good enough to take on Liverpool and Arsenal without looking like a championship side. That was disgusting and it's on him.

1 hour ago, Darogba said:

I've always believed that managers should be given a chance to prove themselves, but in order to be given the chance there should be signs that the team is slowly getting better and adopting the manager's ideas. We saw it with Klopp and now with pep. The trouble with conte is that this team looks awful. I'm not expecting them to play like Barcelona immediately but with the time he's had with the squad we should be seeing some signs already of his so called idea of football But we haven't. 

Forget the board and lack of spending etc, this team is still good enough to take on Liverpool and Arsenal without looking like a championship side. That was disgusting and it's on him.

Klopp? Are you serious?

Then if your going by that example then you should wait. Because with Klopp it was also the same at the beginning, hot and cold. It was late in the season and now firmly this season that we see the real work. 

10 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Klopp? Are you serious?

Then if your going by that example then you should wait. Because with Klopp it was also the same at the beginning, hot and cold. It was late in the season and now firmly this season that we see the real work. 

Yes, Klopp is a fine example, you could see the signs of what he's trying to achieve from the first game. But since we've been taught not to care about the process, but only about the results, most people don't realize that.

12 hours ago, cosmicway said:

After the championship the team aged.

Show me someone who didn't. 😊

The weaknesses which are apparent now were also clear to see during the title winning campaign. The difference is that we had a genius in charge and the players actually listened to him.

I don't mean by this to disparage Antonio. He is absolutely right to try to do things as he wants them done. It infuriates me that posts have already appeared raising doubts about him or saying that he must produce a miracle in a matter of weeks to retain his job. His record shows he is an excellent coach and his public persona suggests that he is an excellent man. I'm delighted that we have him.

Antonio has learned, or is learning, what a number of others have seen before. Any collection of eleven footballers can play any system their manager wishes, but our collection can only win if they play in a particular way. When, rightly or wrongly, the players stopped believing in Jose, they stopped believing in his message too and the wheels came off.

All of us here would like the same thing. We want the club to put together a squad which will allow the manager to move away from the former method of play. Trying to change the play first and then moving the squad around afterwards is, however, like putting the cart before the horse.

43 minutes ago, Miki-Liki said:

Yes, Klopp is a fine example, you could see the signs of what he's trying to achieve from the first game. But since we've been taught not to care about the process, but only about the results, most people don't realize that.

It's usually in the second season when you see the real work for majority of the managers. 

And about Pep, must I remind people that nothing is won this early! it's always hard to maintain such rhythm in the PL for an entire season. Do you remember us two seasons ago? How everyone and their mamma was hyping us to the quadruple....

Please people learn from history and stop being so knee jerk reaction. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Klopp? Are you serious?

You could see the changes in Liverpool as soon as Klopp took over even when they were losing. Like I said, I don't mind us losing and I'm willing to give him time but he has to show signs that it's worth waiting and right now there's nothing. 

42 minutes ago, Fernando said:

It's usually in the second season when you see the real work for majority of the managers. 

And about Pep, must I remind people that nothing is won this early! it's always hard to maintain such rhythm in the PL for an entire season. Do you remember us two seasons ago? How everyone and their mamma was hyping us to the quadruple....

Please people learn from history and stop being so knee jerk reaction. 

True, nothing has been won and the season has just started, but what impresses most people is how quickly they managed to get their ideas across. Of course, it's not perfect, but you can see them building on something. We never really saw that with Mourinho.

As for Conte, there have been some signs of the brand of football he wants to play, but only against the likes of WHU, Burnley and Swansea, it all went put of the window against Arsenal and L'pool. And I don't think it's a knee jerk reaction (not including those who want him sacked, that's silly), I think he should get enough time to create his own squad, then we can judge him properly. So far, my emotions are mixed.

For us at the moment doesnt help players being poor game after game and yet being played! We can see the problem surely they can to and need to change it.Crazy how good our defense used to be and suddenly they've seemed to forget how to defend and do the opposite!

1 hour ago, Miki-Liki said:

What are you yapping about? The Burnley and Swansea displays were as good as anything we have seen for 18 month's, yes the opposition wasn't the best but worse opposition were outplaying us last season. Burnley we dominated from start to finish totally which is rare regardless of who the opponent is, especially in this country.

Also I find it hilarious you bring up Klopp, about the same stage of his Liverpool tenure that Conte is now, he lost 2-0 and 3-0 to Newcastle and Watford respectively which outside of Villa were the two worst displays I saw from any side last season, and considering I watched most of our games that's saying something, oh and did I forget to mention he came within seconds of losing at home to Tony Pulis in between those two horror shows?

19 minutes ago, Tomo said:

What are you yapping about? The Burnley and Swansea displays were as good as anything we have seen for 18 month's, yes the opposition wasn't the best but worse opposition were outplaying us last season. Burnley we dominated from start to finish totally which is rare regardless of who the opponent is, especially in this country.

Also I find it hilarious you bring up Klopp, about the same stage of his Liverpool tenure that Conte is now, he lost 2-0 and 3-0 to Newcastle and Watford respectively which outside of Villa were the two worst displays I saw from any side last season, and considering I watched most of our games that's saying something, oh and did I forget to mention he came within seconds of losing at home to Tony Pulis in between those two horror shows?

But that's what I said in my following post, didn't I? I was pleased with our performance against Burnley, Swansea and WHU?

Klopp arrived in mid-season, but since you've mentioned some results, in his first game avoided defeat against Tottenham, thrashed Chelsea at the Bridge, they beat Man City twice (1:4 away!), they beat the champions Leicester, they dismantled Everton at home 4:0, and had goal fests against Norwich and Arsenal. And their defense is arguably no better than ours.

1 hour ago, Darogba said:

You could see the changes in Liverpool as soon as Klopp took over even when they were losing. Like I said, I don't mind us losing and I'm willing to give him time but he has to show signs that it's worth waiting and right now there's nothing. 

This.

We know we are shiet at the moment and got our pair of useless players and deadwood. 

I understand that it will take some time to rebuild and that we cant sign all of our targets because of different circumstances.

However i need to see the light in this long dark tunnel but so far the only thing i see is last years misstakes repeated with the same players picked week in and week out.

Put it this way: I can take a 2-1 loss against Liverpool after a fuck up from Cahill if we show some progress in the style we want to play, a new formation, some new players/youngsters and Cahill beeing the only viable CB. But i wont take that loss if we looking like last years Chelsea. 

Time to make some difference Conte! 

It's really simple tbh.

The club just needs to get rid of the shit players and the deadwood, and by those I mean Ivanovic, Cahill, Matic, Oscar and Willian. I would also name Luiz but he's here too short to re-rate him.
Iva and Cahill speaks for itself. Matic doesn't care anymore as he wanted to move to Turin last summer. Oscar... y'know I just do not understand the sudden love for that guy. He has puppy eyes but that's it. Not creative. Just runs around and that's it.

Willian... the shit from Spurs bought his plane and after all this time, they could've gotten him for me tbh. His statistics are utter shit and very VERY disappointing. Not a fan of him.

Next up, players who can BETTER leave for the clubs sake and ours (lol).
-Diego Costa, he doesn't want to be in England anymore and fucking hell can you blame him for all the shit he gets from opposing teams fans and the media? He's a great finisher but very poor in handling technique en ballholding. We got Michy, and our own Rashford: Tammy. Also, Griezmann is on our radar.
-Courtois, 'nuff said. Fuck that prick. Get Butland or another good GK.
-Hazard, to me, only plays to get in the Real Madrid spotlights. Disappeared last season. Did absolutely nothing and still expects to get chosen for the FIFA 17 cover. No Eden that's not how it works. Doesn't defend because he just doesn't care. Horrible mentality. I would get that babyface German Julian Draxler immediately if possible.

We just need to improve, and also: PLAY SOME YOUTH. Chalobah can be a starter easily if he gets the confidence. He and N'Golo would be a fine pair.
I mean we can buy a shit load of new players but what the hell is the point of the youth academy then????

22 minutes ago, Miki-Liki said:

But that's what I said in my following post, didn't I? I was pleased with our performance against Burnley, Swansea and WHU?

Klopp arrived in mid-season, but since you've mentioned some results, in his first game avoided defeat against Tottenham, thrashed Chelsea at the Bridge, they beat Man City twice (1:4 away!), they beat the champions Leicester, they dismantled Everton at home 4:0, and had goal fests against Norwich and Arsenal. And their defense is arguably no better than ours.

If we hypothetically played our team from last season tonight, we will probably win due to the fact they are even worse, that's how Liverpool benefitted last season.

City game fair enough that one was very impressive.

Surely I can't be the one who's dreading to see Ivanovic, Cahill, Matic and Willian in the starting line-up against Hull anyway despite the Arsenal game and Conte maybe having realised what we've been screaming our lungs out about? Right now it feels like waiting for results on a terrible disease because there's a slight chance that you may have it. If it does happen and Hull fuck us over, then it's on him really.

I'd rather, no I'm begging that he at least tries Chalobah at CB with Azpi and Alonso as FBs, RLC/Oscar for Matic and Moses for Willian. If I see Ivanovic and Cahill in the line-up I really think I'm gonna go in a state of shock.

2 hours ago, Darogba said:

No there was no change. It was hot and cold. They didn't got any better till after the half of the season, but more towards the end.