The Conte Thread

Just to be the pessimist - we'd get these theoretical recruits in January, by which point the league won't be within reach, who knows about top 4. They'd need 'time to get used to the tactics', so either they wouldn't even be played (like Alonso) or, they would be, to less than flattering results I believe. (Which defenders have moved in January and hit the ground running? Apart from King David.) It's then 50/50 that Conte even remains for the following season. 

Right now, who could we even attract in January? A stop-gap, that'd then be surplus to requirements when we get our real target in the summer; unless again, we fail to hit top 4, can't attract that target, and we're left with a shitty Cahill replacement.

Bottom line - Aint no signings gonna fix us. A couple of board executions would in the long run though. Stop adding muscle to a cancerous body, deal with the damn cancer. We must persist with Conte for 2+ seasons regardless.

2 minutes ago, Leif said:

Just to be the pessimist - we'd get these theoretical recruits in January, by which point the league won't be within reach, who knows about top 4. They'd need 'time to get used to the tactics', so either they wouldn't even be played (like Alonso) or, they would be, to less than flattering results I believe. (Which defenders have moved in January and hit the ground running? Apart from King David.) It's then 50/50 that Conte even remains for the following season. 

Right now, who could we even attract in January? A stop-gap, that'd then be surplus to requirements when we get our real target in the summer; unless again, we fail to hit top 4, can't attract that target, and we're left with a shitty Cahill replacement.

Bottom line - Aint no signings gonna fix us. A couple of board executions would in the long run though. Stop adding muscle to a cancerous body, deal with the damn cancer. We must persist with Conte for 2+ seasons regardless.

In Chelsea terms I call it the January panic window....It's a window where we scramble like fuck because we had another shite summer window.

33 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

The big thing now is will he make it until the next transfer window. We have some huge games coming up and right now looking at how we are playing I can see us losing them all. Hull, Leicester and United next three....

Wouldn't surprise me to see him sacked if we don't collect a good number of points from those three. We all know how trigger happy Roman is.

Watch this space.

It would be suicide move from Roman if he sack Conte. We can't afford this every year we need now stability and calm moves from the club..Let's give him time and better judge him with the results. 

1 minute ago, iceboy said:

It would be suicide move from Roman if he sack Conte. We can't afford this every year we need now stability and calm moves from the club..Let's give him time and better judge him with the results. 

Oh he will be judged on results, anymore of these results he won't see end of October.....I don't hope for this but this is how Roman works.

15 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Tbh, if Matic, Ivanovic and Cahill will be forced out of the team because of yesterday's result, I'm happy that the game turned out as it did. Ever since the game against Spurs during 14/15 season, I've been hoping that they get sacked. It's finally happening and we are finally going to fix a problem that has been there for 2 (!!) years.

I felt that way about Brana since the Swansea semi finals in 2013 although I wouldn't put it so harshly as to say I want to see him sacked. As I've often said about Oscar, it's not the fact that Brana is poor which is Chelsea's problem. Chelsea's problem is that our managers have no one they consider to be better.

Its up to manager to pick his squad, the one he thinks he has most chance to win with.

Its also on manager to show some balls and play younger players instead of starters, despite it could result in poor display by that kid, but here we are building for the future, so its understandable.

Its also on manager to groom and improve these young players into quality ones.

Like Conte said, the pitch will talk. I know he has bunch of players who underperform, but he is the one to make decisions and has the players on the bench to use them. If he is afraid that Aina or RLC will fuck up the game and instead picks "reliable" players, its his fault. 

We all know the pressure is huge. We won first three games but many lost their shit after that draw vs swansea already. While in fact, 3 wins and draw wasnt bad at all for a team like ours. But obviously the pressure got up and up with each game. From the fans to the board. It all comes down to players and mostly Conte. Will he pick experienced player over young prospect? No he wont, unless he doesnt have faith and belief, if he doesnt have guts and if he doesnt have skill to make that prospect a better player than the experienced one. 

Not to mention the defensive tactics he picked for pool and arsenal game, when its clear as day that we dont have a team to do that. If the players were indeed unhappy with his tactical decision, shame on them, but for fucks sake, why cant we have a manager that will allow our players to express themselves, to play attacking football instead of this defensive tactics over and over again.

Conte has alot to prove and so do the players. But I dont like what I see from Conte one bit. At the least, as tough manager he is supposed to be, he acted like chicken on and off the pitch for the past two weeks.

We won first three games, with two won in very late stages, we were losing to leicester 2:0 despite we managed to turn around, its just bad. And we lost both games against big teams comfortably without any fight. You can lose, but at least lose trying. No this shit show we have been seeing lately with no love.

I remember his wild celebrations in the start, where did that passion go? Or was it all just for the show?

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Tbh I think Romans sacking record shows a bit of a weakness in his hiring, I think/hope Conte turns out good mind. But AVB, Scolari, RDM (full time) and Avram were brutal appointments.

Jose mark two, AVB and you could argue Ancelotti would have been gone a lot earlier if Roman was as bad as popular opinion suggests.

This. I think its really weird some people keep picturing Roman as this stupid guy who just keep firing great managers for no good reason. But lets be honest, AVB, RDM, Avran and Scolari. Does anyone see those guys as good managers? Grant became a reason for joke in this forum. AVB improved in Russian league...after getting the axe in Spurs. RDM is now a Championship manager. Scolari went to Uzbekistan, then went back to Brazil where he relegated one of coutries greatest clubs, then got a 7-1 against Germany and now is in Chinese Super League.

I think its silly to say Conte has nothing to do with the past results because "he didn't get the players he wanted".

Come on, so if we had Koulibaly instead of Luiz, and Naingolan instead of Kante, so do you really believe the result would be different? Really? Koulibaly is no Ramos, Piquet, Silva or Boateng, and Naingolan is a good player but he is no world class, and Kante has been our best player this season so far.

5 minutes ago, -Kaplan- said:

Suppose we sack Conte mid-season, who else would we get? *Realistically speaking* 

That's the problem. I would gladly stick with Conte until the season is over. 

No Champions League this season, and if the team is in such a position that the top 4 is out of reach, there is no reason to sack him, since there wont be a season to be saved.

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

I think its silly to say Conte has nothing to do with the past results because "he didn't get the players he wanted".

Come on, so if we had Koulibaly instead of Luiz, and Naingolan instead of Kante, so do you really believe the result would be different? Really? Koulibaly is no Ramos, Piquet, Silva or Boateng, and Naingolan is a good player but he is no world class, and Kante has been our best player this season so far.

Conte is guilty too.

6 hours ago, Mana said:

Because it just baffles the mind. Anyone who has watched Chelsea for the past year or so should know that at Ivanovic and Cahill are the weaknesses in the defense. Ivanovic the biggest offender. When Pep came in to City, he took no crap from anybody and dropped the pathetics off the first team. Why can't Conte be like that? I don't want ANY favoritism, that would walk to the first team even though they're shit. At the very least, he should have dropped them both after the Liverpool defeat. I mean, has Conte been watching Cahill for the past number of games and saw how Cahill constantly gives the ball away in suicidal areas?

I'm just sick of seeing both of them backing off, with their hands tied behind their backs.

Anyway, what matters now is that hopefully these guys are dropped. I'll go insane if not.

Heres an idea, he has no one to replace them with.

We had 4 cbs including ivanovic. Zouma has been injured which made it 3. We only bought Luiz after the Burnley game. After the performance against Burnley, the defence deserved to stay the same. 

By Liverpool Terry was injured and hasnt been able to play. So for Liverpool, Leicester and Arsenal the only options for centre back have been Luiz, Cahill and Ivanovic. Go figure.