The Conte Thread

55 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

I just dont understand really.

What happen with the style of play we played in the pre season games?

I know we didnt win all games but in every game the players were fighting, running and we played fun!

Our attacks were full of speed and quick passing and when we lost the ball we pressed high in the pitch to win it back early.

Now i cant see the difference from last season. Its almost the same linup and formation. Why?

Im mad at myself for believing that Conte would make some difference....

Players are already thinking about their vacations. Must be tiring training under Antonio.
I predicted hazard would demand a siesta by december, guess I was wrong as we're still in september.

16 minutes ago, communicate said:

We have average squad, I completely agree with that but our performance especially against Arsenal has nothing to do with the board, It comes down to Conte's tactic to sit so deep and keep trying to build from the back. We were basically clueless the whole 1st half. 

We kept losing the ball when we were pressed, he must have known before the game that Arsene will instruct coquelin to pressure fabregas so that we cannot play, even you can see Wenger gave the same instruction with Xhaka. It is hard to build from the back when you have cahil and  iva who is extremely poor on the ball especially when you are pressed.

Defensively we sat super deep, I mean it was only the beginning of the game and Cazorla had all time in the world to shoot from distance. 

Yeah not sure Conte is settled yet -however like I said he is a decent manager but he's not a magician. Unless he is backed with money and freedom of choice in the transfer market, which frankly seems unlikely, we won't be bothering the top 4 for a while.

how can you criticize a coach when the brain of cahill suddenly collapses and makes assist for sanchez?

in the second gol david luiz has a wrong position in area because he goes towards the ball and doesn't keep his position..

we are making too many individual mistakes,.we have to pass to 352 because of the minimal football intelligence of our CB..

how can you criticize conte for that?  unbelievable..

I was watching the goals and highlights from the other games this morning, avoiding our game naturally, and I came to a fairly damning conclusion, even the likes of Crystal Palace, Sunderland and other bottom half sides are playing much more fluid, threatening and fast paced football than us, watching when we have possession is like I've got the game on slow motion or something.

I don't think Conte has covered himself in glory by consistently picking Brana when we have a right back who just DAYS earlier played an absolute blinder against Leicester. The difference in Dave's performance from right back to left back are like night and day, I would accept us putting him out of position in favour of the second coming of Cafu but Ivanovic?! FUCKING SERIOUSLY? How much more does he have to do to get dropped. It's boggled my mind for seasons now and I can't wait to be rid of him but oh wait, the board in their infinite wisdom while dragging their balls over giving JT (a player we are desperate to return) gave a new two year deal to like he fucking deserved it.

While we're on the subject of the board, what were they up to this summer? They have given no real improvement to the squad besides Kante which despite our arrogance during the first few games of the season knew was never going to be enough, we'd need a Kante, a Naiggolan and possibly a 2013 Matic to help keep the goals out with that shoddy defence behind.

I would do something radical in the summer, the board wouldn't but I would, I'd get rid of Tibo for one, I think he's not got the balls to really become a commanding goalkeeper and it makes our already fragile defence EVEN WORSE. 

It's all well and good that we have Christensen coming back next summer like some bloody messiah figure from the Bundesliga, but WHAT ABOUT RIGHT NOW?! What exactly is the master plan here? On the balance of the team and our rivals we aren't going to get top 6 let alone top 4.

Would I get rid of Conte? Absolutely bloody not. Why? Do you want Hiddink back? I sure as hell don't. Do you want this continual managerial merry go round which has got to such a point where we are actually running out of managers besides Simeone to take the job on. 

My main gripe at the moment is with the board, they have had several summers to sort this out and have done diddly squat, they need to have their jobs hanging in the balance rather than the manager. The benefit of the doubt with Conte will run out if he continues to play the same players in the same formation that's clearly not working but I for one and more than ready to give him a while yet to turn this around and get us playing better. 

The next game away at Hull should be an away win, it really should. Anything else and I really start to worry for Conte. I am hoping to God that he doesn't come back with the same team, put in Moses, Chalobah, Batshuayi upfront with Costa and let's have a fucking go rather than going down with a whimper like we did against those smug, flat track bully wankers at the Emirates, we got outfought by a team more interested in hairstyles and selfies than title wins. Fuck sake. 

I'll end my rant here but in summary:

- The Board - Fucking shame on you. Pull your fucking fingers out in the summer or january.

- Conte- Play players who actually want to give a bit of bloody passion that you clearly have for your craft. Before it's too late.

- The players - Stop being fucking shit, seriously.

COME ON CHELSEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! WIN OR LOSE A TRUE BLUE!

22 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

how can you criticize a coach when the brain of cahill suddenly collapses and makes assist for sanchez?

in the second gol david luiz has a wrong position in area because he goes towards the ball and doesn't keep his position..

we are making too many individual mistakes,.we have to pass to 352 because of the minimal football intelligence of our CB..

how can you criticize conte for that?  unbelievable..

You are right. We cant criticize Conte for Cahills brainfarts.. But we can Criticize Conte for starting the useless Cahill since Cahill doesnt pick himself in to the team or does he?

Right now we would even be better off if we start D legend Mikel as a CB. Cahill is done and so is Ivanovic.

Take a look at Arsenals 3-0 goal and keep an eye of Ivanovic. From the start he is 5-10 meters behind Ozil but then we are talking about the most useless RB in PL and he dont give a flying fuck so he doesnt bother to catch up with Ozil but instead let Ozil run free. 3-0!

I i know we cant blame Conte for Ivanovic struggling every game but once again - Who the F*** is picking him in to the starting team??

1 hour ago, Costa19 said:

You are right. We cant criticize Conte for Cahills brainfarts.. But we can Criticize Conte for starting the useless Cahill since Cahill doesnt pick himself in to the team or does he?

Right now we would even be better off if we start D legend Mikel as a CB. Cahill is done and so is Ivanovic.

Take a look at Arsenals 3-0 goal and keep an eye of Ivanovic. From the start he is 5-10 meters behind Ozil but then we are talking about the most useless RB in PL and he dont give a flying fuck so he doesnt bother to catch up with Ozil but instead let Ozil run free. 3-0!

I i know we cant blame Conte for Ivanovic struggling every game but once again - Who the F*** is picking him in to the starting team??

cahill at this moment is one of the two CB available..the other is luiz..

ivanovic is a problem, ok but alonso can't play as LB in a 4 line..so azpi has to play as LB and ivanovic is again the only RB available..

i think that he's gonna change in 352 to put out ivanovic..and the 3 CB wil be better than 2..

more than that it is very difficult to hypotize..

On 24/09/2016 at 7:20 PM, Styles said:

Have you seen Alonso? He's slower than Ivanovic. Walcott would tear him a new arsehole.

This is why we're shit: our first team is crap and the bench is even worse.

Hopeless club. Shame we can't play Burnley every week.

I am not even sure that half of our first team would be selected for Barça's, Madrid's, Bayern's B team... That is how horrendous our players are.

Problem again with the transfer window is again..targets...all goes quiet..people call for calm as still time then bam window closes with targets not signed and stuck with same old same old! Happened last year happened this year.

Understand can't sign who you want but have a back up plan at least

“I don’t sleep, sure,” said Conte. “I don’t sleep. This is normal. After this game, this defeat, it’s normal for me not to sleep. Not only tonight, but for two nights. When I don’t sleep, I reflect. And it’s important to reflect.

Antonio Conte

2 hours ago, Mana said:

Half? Just "half?" Lol, you're being way too kind.

Conte is in trouble now. Pressure is building up. It's a must win next game, otherwise more pressure would come, and he will most likely play the safest options which include the horrid Cahill and Ivanovic. Then we are back to square one, with Conte in danger of getting the boot.

The last summer transfer window was a disgrace for a top club like Chelsea. A disgrace. Most of the board needs to go. It's been two years and I've seen ZERO progress. No identity, no structure, no nothing

If we miss out top 4 again mark my words, Chelsea will become the new pre-Klopp Liverpool.

2015 was a disgrace but last summer? Ok the defender thing was frustrating but we signed the  best DM about andin Michy have a competent alternative striker for the first time since 09/10, maybe it was an average window considering what we needed Ok, but those two signings mean it can't be classed as disaster, in my opinion.

Also Cahill has been playing by default so far, Hiddink dropped him when he had alternatives and hopefully Antonio will to. As for Ivanovic, Jose dropped Rooney, so maybe god for bid Ivan is the best option?

As for Liverpool, they are not out of the woods yet, they still have problems vs the flat tracks and also bare in mind they won at The Bridge and The Emirates the season they finished 8th under Kenny.

Like Henrique mentioned earlier, I'm getting an AVB/Scolari vibe with the shoddy defense, lack of commitment from the players and not to mention the early season defeats to Liverpool and Arsenal (like what happened in 2008 and 2011).

The difference here is Conte is not a novice like those two when it comes to club football, so I expect him to put up a stronger fight to reign in the squad and make a quicker turnaround in terms of results.