The Conte Thread

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I think the defence gets too much of the blame.

Clearly there are problems among the defenders but our front six don't take the pressure off their teammates as much as they should. In saying this, I don't mean just in terms of tracking back or pressing, but also in terms of their offensive contributions. The weakness of our team when in possession plays a major part in our lack of defensive organisation.

I admit we have a very poor technical base that makes keeping possession very difficult. But the defence is also a huge part of this possession and as you can see from ivanovic and cahill's blunders on the ball they cause panic when in possession and yet are all terrible in defending. I mean we all saw a long sprint from bellerin to catch pedro. Who in our defense can defend one on one like that??? Must we park the bus before we can defend?? 

The pressing has to do with Conte's system imo but even under Mourinho's pressing our defense still didn't cover themselves in glory. 

Guys guys guys come on everyone here is entitled to their own opinions but people are targeting Conte whereas they should target the club and the players in the squad.

I still believe that last year José was unrightfully sacked and that instead of him some players should have been sacked if possible instead of him and that´s how it goes in the football world: players are ¨untouchable¨. They put in a wank performance and the manager/coach is to blame. Look at the guy who managed HSV. He got sacked because they lost to Bayern Munich yesterday and the awfull start they had but still, because one defender makes a mistake preventing the game to end in a draw which is a nice result against an OP team like Bayern this man loses his job.

Di Matteo was sacked for whatever reason after winning us our first UCL cup. It made my blood boil. Same goes with Carlo Ancelotti. I loved that man so much he gave us the double yet he ended SECOND and was sacked by Roman. Absolutely disgracefull and not humain.

The transferwindow was horrible. Michy and Kante were the only good players but....Michy is just way too good to use as second striker. Kante is great but Marcos Alonso....come on please that guy is pure mediocrity and David Luiz...I love David for his personality not as a footballer/defender because he is absolutely wank at it.

What did people really expect from this team? From these players? Antonio Conte hasn´t gotten ONE of his desired transfer targets. Nainggolan bottled, Koulibaly bottled BUT also because Napoli and De Laurentiis were HUGE assholes to deal with, went after Romagnoli way too late, let Mustafi join Arsenal whereas I think he would´ve been a much better option than Luiz. Morata was pointless from the start but also, 70 million would be insane. Don´t know about these Lukaku rumours, just glad they couldn´t get him from EFC.

Nobody got sold. Why? Reports that Italian clubs wanted both Matic and Oscar. Matic could have been sold to Juventus for 40m +....WHY THE FUCK DIDN´T THEY ACCEPT IT???? Same goes for Oscar, I don´t get the sudden love he gets as he still creates nothing and just runs around like a chicken without a head.
Then there is Willian who got a contract extension, that confuses me aswell as he isn´t that great. Ivanovic and Cahill don´t even deserve to be professional football players about that performance from last year so why they didn´t end up getting sold or dropped amazes me.

But this club does amaze me. Hazard only plays for himself, TBO doesn´t give a rats ass anymore (thank you Marca newspaper like we didn´t know already), Costa doesn´t want to be in England anymore but he still gives 100% every match...

It just makes me confused just typing this but...even if we did get Pep and he didn´t get his targets we would have lost to Pool and Le Arse because the team is wank, and like he said last year we need 10 new players not a new manager and it is the clubs fault not Antonio Conte´s.

Peace.

Its easy for the club to deflect to the manager, but they can only work with the tools theyre given. Conversely you can have a no mark manager do a half decent job who inherits diamond tipped power tools like Avi.

Bottom line the Buckenalo have failed to invest, I don't know why, but Abramovichs shares went down or something but still has six yachts and mansions all over the globe. Anyway, its being managed overall fucking shit, micro managed by Emanalo, and symptomatic of that was Cahill and Brana signing new contracts when we were managerless.  The point is hes still surrounded by Yes men and women who worked at Sibneft, non football people. It aint getting better, -can you imagine Neymar, Messi and Suarez up against Brana and Cahill Lol- Hulls Snodgrass and Diamonde must be licking their lips, never mind Aguero

14 minutes ago, Darogba said:

I'm sorry but the manager should get some blame for this. This shocking performance is not down to the board but the manager. 

It is the board because last season this team finish 10th, and at the beginning of the season we still have the same defense that started last season. 

Surely you need to be a fool to think that it would be work.  

Making the same mistakes over and over again thinking it will be different, that is what is happening here. 

And as to per boyblue

38 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

I still believe that last year José was unrightfully sacked and that instead of him some players should have been sacked if possible instead of him and that´s how it goes in the football world: players are ¨untouchable¨. They put in a wank performance and the manager/coach is to blame. Look at the guy who managed HSV. He got sacked because they lost to Bayern Munich yesterday and the awfull start they had but still, because one defender makes a mistake preventing the game to end in a draw which is a nice result against an OP team like Bayern this man loses his job.

Mourinho was rightfully sacked. He sold some of our best players to get his players. And his players turn on him and then left us with crap. 

Other then that, agree with everything else. 

But if the club do sack Conte I'm not watching no more of this. I will dislike the board so much and will not expect anything good to come from them anymore. Because they make the same mistakes over and over again and they don't learn. 

Still you want the head of manager??? Are you serious guys? After 8-9 matches and you want him to get sacked? Come on we all know where is the problem. I think he is still struggling with his english and he can't shout to players in English. I saw some his videos in Euros this summer he was really different with players. 

8 minutes ago, Darogba said:

I'm sorry but the manager should get some blame for this. This shocking performance is not down to the board but the manager. 

No need to apologise for an opinion.

Not convinced Conte is the real deal myself, and he'll doubtless be given the old Abramovich elbow soon. Then what ? Who wants the poison chalice then ? Running out of names.

The board for their inactivity during transfer windows and underperforming shitcunts yesterday have to take a large slice of blame imo

47 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Guys guys guys come on everyone here is entitled to their own opinions but people are targeting Conte whereas they should target the club and the players in the squad.

Di Matteo was sacked for whatever reason after winning us our first UCL cup. It made my blood boil. Same goes with Carlo Ancelotti. I loved that man so much he gave us the double yet he ended SECOND and was sacked by Roman. Absolutely disgracefull and not humain.

The transferwindow was horrible. Michy and Kante were the only good players but....Michy is just way too good to use as second striker. Kante is great but Marcos Alonso....come on please that guy is pure mediocrity and David Luiz...I love David for his personality not as a footballer/defender because he is absolutely wank at it.

What did people really expect from this team? From these players? Antonio Conte hasn´t gotten ONE of his desired transfer targets. Nainggolan bottled, Koulibaly bottled BUT also because Napoli and De Laurentiis were HUGE assholes to deal with, went after Romagnoli way too late, let Mustafi join Arsenal whereas I think he would´ve been a much better option than Luiz. Morata was pointless from the start but also, 70 million would be insane. Don´t know about these Lukaku rumours, just glad they couldn´t get him from EFC.

Nobody got sold. Why? Reports that Italian clubs wanted both Matic and Oscar. Matic could have been sold to Juventus for 40m +....WHY THE FUCK DIDN´T THEY ACCEPT IT???? Same goes for Oscar, I don´t get the sudden love he gets as he still creates nothing and just runs around like a chicken without a head.
Then there is Willian who got a contract extension, that confuses me aswell as he isn´t that great. Ivanovic and Cahill don´t even deserve to be professional football players about that performance from last year so why they didn´t end up getting sold or dropped amazes me.

But this club does amaze me. Hazard only plays for himself, TBO doesn´t give a rats ass anymore (thank you Marca newspaper like we didn´t know already), Costa doesn´t want to be in England anymore but he still gives 100% every match...

It just makes me confused just typing this but...even if we did get Pep and he didn´t get his targets we would have lost to Pool and Le Arse because the team is wank, and like he said last year we need 10 new players not a new manager and it is the clubs fault not Antonio Conte´s.

Peace.

Jose wasn't wrongly sacked, okay the players didn't cover themselfs in glory, but to be one point of the relegation zone at Christmas is unacceptable, Jose could have won the previous ten titles and his sacking would have been justified. Jose did a great job in his combined 5 full seasons at the club, but those five months were the worst performance by a manager in PL history.

I will be more than prepared to give Antonio a pass for this season if we show positive signs of progression AND are in somewhat a respectable position in the table, if we are lurking in 16th in December, I'd clear his desk myself.

I just dont understand really.

What happen with the style of play we played in the pre season games?

I know we didnt win all games but in every game the players were fighting, running and we played fun!

Our attacks were full of speed and quick passing and when we lost the ball we pressed high in the pitch to win it back early.

Now i cant see the difference from last season. Its almost the same linup and formation. Why?

Im mad at myself for believing that Conte would make some difference....

The problem for me with Conte was he changed us into an old style team. I saw it in our 1st game even against burnley, we sat deep and countered. So what I saw against Arsenal was nothing new, we basically let almost every team that we played all the time in the world to play.

The way we attack is also similar, quite old school. I had my doubt but hey we won, maybe I was wrong but we were killed against Liverpool and Arsenal in a very similar manner that showed poor decision by Conte. It is fine to be fooled once but twice in similar manner in two succesive game.

Btw stop complaining about our board and their so called lack of ambition

This is our title winning squad

GK

Courtois/Cech - two of the world best GK 

FB

Luis,Azpi,Iva. We have  3 1st team quality fb, ivan was on the way down but I was not worried but because we have Azpi and luis hey but it is the board fault that Mourinho did not play luis enough and he wanted to leave and finding a good fullback is really difficult

CB

Cahill/Zouma/Terry - We definitely need a new cb after the departure of Luiz This is the only position where I can clearly blame our board

Mid

Cesc,Matic,Mikel,Ramires - one dlp, two decet destroyer one runner not perfect but not bad

Am

Hazard,oscar,willian,schurlle -  not a bad choice of am 

Stiker

Costa,Remy - again good option

in the year before we even had mata,kdb and bertrand.

4 hours ago, Leif said:

In Italy / at Juve you can bench who you want when you underperform, the media won't go crazy and the fans won't either (unless you bench Higuain randomly for a big game vs. Inter, heh Allegri.)

Over here, we're far more sentimental about players, and managers to staff to owners to journalists know this. This is why we Chelsea have kept so many old players over the years even after they've been over the hill. It's why there's uproar when Rooney is dropped, uproar caused by the same people who admit how average he's become. 

When you bench Cahill or Ivanovic, our club sees it as, removing identity from the team. We know Roman himself has wanted us to have a distinct identity. If we can't have that in the style we play, the only other way to keep a consistent identity is by the players we field and give limelight to. So, that is what we do. Why do we do it? Because our league has no idea how behind it is. 

You can't go to Madrid and suddenly drop Ramos or Ronaldo for underperforming, even for 10+ games in a row. It's not right, but it is what it is. If suddenly we had 2 youth team products lining up each week (like Aina & Chalobah), our Chinese & Filipino fans etc. would be baffled. Who are these players? They would @ misguided abuse at our Chelsea Twitter account lol. 

Football, especially in the Premier League, is about brands. It's about faces. It is not and has not been about for a very, very long time, playing the best XI for a given game. If that were the case, every team in the league would be fielding inconsistent line-ups each week in an effort to exploit whoever they face. But no. Identity and 'respect' to the first team players comes first. 

Nobody will care if Conte bench cahill,iva even costa,hazard or basically the whole team and play U-21 team as long as he win. Not even Chinese or Filipino fans, everybody will be excited by the new faces

But we are losing games and winning "easy" games the hard way. 

Players not believing Conte's tactic?

If that's the case something is really wrong at the club and with these players. 

Incredible. Conte is said to be a controlling maniac but he is too soft imo, Pep would have axed Iva instantly. 

Some people seem to be struggling with their dislike of Jose to see what's going on here. Anyone genuinely surprised by the results against Liverpool and arsenal is kidding themselves. Our squad is average and the hierarchy of the club is both responsible and accountable.

The manager is a decent manager but he's not a magician. Unless he is backed with money and freedom of choice in the transfer market, which frankly seems unlikely, we won't be bothering the top four for a quite a while

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Some people seem to be struggling with their dislike of Jose to see what's going on here. Anyone genuinely surprised by the results against Liverpool and arsenal is kidding themselves. Our squad is average and the hierarchy of the club is both responsible and accountable.

The manager is a decent manager but he's not a magician. Unless he is backed with money and freedom of choice in the transfer market, which frankly seems unlikely, we won't be bothering the top four for a quite a while

We have average squad, I completely agree with that but our performance especially against Arsenal has nothing to do with the board, It comes down to Conte's tactic to sit so deep and keep trying to build from the back. We were basically clueless the whole 1st half. 

We kept losing the ball when we were pressed, he must have known before the game that Arsene will instruct coquelin to pressure fabregas so that we cannot play, even you can see Wenger gave the same instruction with Xhaka. It is hard to build from the back when you have cahil and  iva who is extremely poor on the ball especially when you are pressed.

Defensively we sat super deep, I mean it was only the beginning of the game and Cazorla had all time in the world to shoot from distance. 

At least now Pep is finally regarded as the best manager in the world, it took some time.

Conte isnt helping himself with his selections, and the players arent helping Conte on the pitch, expect a radical change in formation and players from Conte since he got nothing lose from now on.If he doesnt change, its absolutely pointless to sack him since the future caretaker CANT do better than Conte.It baffles me that we arent playing full attacking football since we cant defend.