The Conte Thread

1 hour ago, Polo7 said:

Who would you have hired for the job?

Emery was a big shout and look at him now. Cant even win in a shit league.

Actually I thought you said weeks ago this squad was good enough to get a top 4 finish, so I would vote for you. Polo7 next Chelsea manager. 

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

This might be silly but Conte's body language has been extremely negative in the Liverpool and Arsenal games. I know we were rubbish and played poorly but he was just standing on the touchline, 'wearing' that glum and beaten look. It's such a huge contrast to when we were winning - he was constantly barking orders at the players, encouraging them etc. It's as if the loss to Liverpool or even the draw at Swansea has knocked the wind out of him. He has just looked flat in the last few games.

This. This behaviour is striking me as really odd from him. It's jut not him.

What fascinates me is that he's using almost the same defense that he has beaten 3-0 with Juve.

I actually like Conte as a manager and person. But whoever is responsible for keeping Ivanovic and Cahill should leave the club along with them. I don't care if there were no alternatives in the transfer market. This has to stop.

3 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

This. This behaviour is striking me as really odd from him. It's jut not him.

My guess is, and it's a very plausible, he feels let down by the club not getting his desired players in and that some players in the squad just don't give a fuck.

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

Think BimV and Tomo hit the nail on the head above but I would also like to add that we saw glimpses of what he wants this side to be like against West Ham, Burnley and Swansea. We dominated those games, we controlled them and we played a high energy, high intensity, pressing game. Those traits were drilled into his Juventus and Italy (okay, but not dominate and control but certainly there was plenty of energy and intensity in them) and I'm sure given the time and players (if he's fortunate), he will drill the same into this team.

Is that really different from what we saw in past seasons against sides like Burnley, West Ham and Swansea? Controlling the game, pressing?

27 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Is that really different from what we saw in past seasons against sides like Burnley, West Ham and Swansea? Controlling the game, pressing?

Compare to when we under Mourinho? Definitely. Under Mourinho, we were mostly waiting for things to happen rather than making things happen.

But if you are still not convinced, then I'll give you that since it's still very early but you can't deny that Conte's Juventus and Italy didn't have similar traits about them.

I dont get three things

1.) whats with defensive set up every game (Pool, arsenal, leicester) when we have shit defenders? Wouldnt be better to attack in this case, try to control the game. When we go out attack and click we aint bad at all in this and we can take some pressure of the defenders.

2.) Why keep playing Ivanovic? I know he wanted new fullback and he got one in Alonso. Not the best choice, but certainly better than Iva. So why is he not playing him? Cahill, I understand to a point because Zouma and Terry are out right now. But whats the excuse for Iva??

3.) Subs. Why is Pedro (who did nothing so far under Conte) ahead of Moses and Bats (who actualy had few good games)?

Conte is still building his squad, but its pointless if he keeps playing players who are clearly out of form and desire to play.

12 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

Antonio I have the solution...

How about not playing both Ivanovic and Cahill at the same time? How about that? Total mindfuck right?

I think he is kind of saying that but without digging the players out in public. There is no way on Gods Geeen Earth that, Conte who spent a huge part of his career in a top Juve team. Then to manage them to 3 titles with the first going undefeated can't set up a defence or doesn't know what to fo tacticly. He is use to working with top players so maybe he just addumed because he is at Chelsea that they would understand and were able to execute his tactics better! Unfortunately the majority of them are below average! Physically and mentaly!

52 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

The next Chelsea manager should only join us on one condition: getting support from the board 100% and not this shit from last transferwindow and the 2015 one.

I am sure Avram Grant won't bother making such demands.

24 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

I take back whatever negative I said about him... You can see that this guy honestly cares about Chelsea. I stand by him and hope he can work it out from this mess. In Conte we trust!

To be fair, you don't have to care for Chelsea to be pissed at what's going on. Any manager would be furious with the way we're defending and the players are somewhat fortunate that Conte isn't entirely comfortable with English yet. Would have let ripped into them already if he was.

Pretty sure Conte was screaming "Vi Ammazzo Tutti!" (I'll kill you all!), and throwing water bottles at the the entire team at half time. :lol::lol:

He did that at Juve and was captured screaming that to his players at the Euros. 

Growing pains on a new team. It's fair for him to give the "senior" players the first chance. But as long as he learns and adapt and realizes Ivanovic and Cahill should never start again, then I'm fine. He has to show he's learned from the losses. If he can show that, he's fine in my book, even if he loses after making the changes.

Conte, Emenalo and Roman must realise to move forward as a club we need to get rid of the 'cancers' killing this team. If we blindly continue we them they will slowly and surely kill our current manager and this club. I am also witnessing the 'cancers' toxic complacency and stupidity slowly infecting other parts of the team.

I decided to stay away from the forum for a few hours after the defeat, so that the feelings wouldn't get in the way. (At least not as much)

Today we were absolutely clueless. No two ways about it. But asking for him to get the axe is too much. I am angry at how we played, and can see that everyone else here is as well. But I won't write us off until December. Until then, I'll believe in the team and the manager. I hope Conte sees that Ivanovic hast to be dropped. I don't care if he is the vice-captain, he has to be dropped. We can't move forward with him. We just can't.

I strongly believe Conte is a quality manager, but it does feel like at times he seems lost in what he is doing, and I hope we won't see this again.

I don't know what the solution is, but I just hope Antonio finds it, and soon. I don't want last season to come back again, and I don't want us to become another Liverpool, or worse. If the board has any sense, they will understand that we need a better effort to get our targets. And if Conte has any sense, he will see that using the same right back that performed so badly last season won't help us get anywhere near top 4, no matter how good a coach he might be.

I, as anyone else here, can see that the squad is not up to standards, but I believe that the quality to be top 6, at least, is there. I just hope we can get things back on track.

I will not lose my head and faith in him until december. I will wait and hope that this is just signs of a transition. Because the last thing I want to see, is our club in this state. Now come on lads, we might be playing shit, but let's not start throwing around the faith we put in this man so early.

COME ON CONTE! COME BLUES!