The Conte Thread

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes, Conte has made some mind boggling decisions but to be fair Styles, we all know this squad is piss poor and you can't expect him to perform miracles with a bunch of braindead players and when he's not given the players he wanted in the summer. Even Guardiola went out to buy 5-6 players to ensure that he has the players to implement his ideas and it helps too that he inherited a squad with intelligent and attacking players.

This squad is poor - there's no denying that - but at present it's also being coached very poorly.

Just a rubbish team from top to bottom.

Conte has shown absolutely nothing to indicate he is the right man for this job.

47 minutes ago, Henrique said:

No, that wont be a progress. Okay, we finished 10th last season, but during that Mourinho's tenure the team was at the botton of the table. I think under Hiddink we were at least a top 5 team in terms of points. Okay, football under Hiddink was boring, the team was getting too many draws, but the tactics were at least solid. That was a limited squad producing decent football. With the current kind of football, I see this team ending below 7th, but again, finishing 6th wont be a progress, that would be another lost season.

Well it's still a limited squad. We did not bought nothing other then Kante. 

And it was already a lost season when the board did the same shenanigans as last season in the transfer window. 

alright lets analyze our last 4 games. first, game vs swensea, we had control over the game, then courtois and cahill decided to make it a little interesting and they did what they did. second game vs liverpool. retarded foul by ivanovic then shocking defence after the cross and a goal. second goal is just unfortunate. still contes fault how we played in the first half. totally missmanaged that shit. third game vs leicester, again horrific defending by cahill and conceded goal. great comeback tho. lastly, our game vs arsenal....no words after the first goal, again cahills mistake. after that i closed the stream so i dont know how we played exactly but i can only imagine. so, bottom line, if it wasnt for constant mistakes by our fukcing dreadful defense we would've have better results perhaps. so at the end it's clearly that conte should be better with his coaching but he was more fucked by our defense, which is at the end the fault of incompetent board who need two fucking years to buy a proper center back.

its not his fault, he still needs time to adjust to the style, to the players and more importantly to our clueless board. i wasnt his biggest supporter from the starters but he needs support for sure. to think how certain people here blindly defended his every decision this summer is just unreal.

5 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Disagree. 

When he has to the tools, Conte's teams play with sound buildup play, very distinct and clear passing patterns [much like Guardiola and Pelligrini], and impose their will on teams. Just look at his Juventus teams that ran riot in Serie A for 3 years, and Italy in the Euros. They played very sound football. 

He may fail here at Chelsea, but all the evidence before hiring him showed he is a complete antithesis to JM. I mean, just look at his statements after our first pre-season game, where he called for the players to control the game more and not sit back so deep, because a big club like Chelsea is supposed to own the ball. (pretty much word for word what he said.) He's even quoted as saying in the summer, that he doesn't "believe, in the counter attack". So nah, I don't buy the "shit on a stick football" merchant tag much like you gave JM. Because the difference with JM, is that he'll still produce poor football even after his teams have spent obscene amounts of money. If we had spent 160M Pounds this summer much like City, no doubt we'd be better suited for these matches against the top sides, trust. 

Now, that doesn't mean Conte is absolved from criticism. He's gotten the past two games horribly wrong. What Conte is struggling to figure out, is how to approach these big games. We're simply not good enough to impose our will against the top sides (much like you reminded me last week lol). He's struggling to find a starting XI for these big games that can bring the great defensive intensity needed against top opposition. And he's struggling to have our players in the right situations defensively, because I don't think any player looks particularly comfortable (especially in CM) with their defensive responsibilities. He's messing up in the big games, no doubt. But trust, if it was up to Conte, we wouldn't be playing counter-attacking football at all if he we didn't have to. 

Even Jose used to say he wanted us to play well and control games etc. I have learned the hard way that talk is very cheap. Ignore everything these guys say in the media and just look at the football we produce.

If Conte is the manager we hoped and expected him to be then I guarantee you things wouldn't be as bad as they are right now. Yes the team is bad, but get absolutely fucking hammered by Arsenal and Liverpool bad? Nah, not buying it.

The worst thing is that he's already showing cowardly tendencies and that's not who I want to manage Chelsea for another 3 months let alone 3 years. Ivanovic is finished. He is mentally and physically gone; it's over for him. But Conte still puts him out there every week to get abused. This is cowardly in my mind.

Conte said today after the game that we a great team on paper and need to work hard to improve things. Yeah, he needs to go ASAP.

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

You don't think? Well Styles, you know I even turned against Jose last season, so I'm my eyes no one turns against the club, but we have to allow what he has taken over.

I've alluded to this before I think even in a response to you, its a similar situation to Poch in his first season at Spurs, he took over a group of underachieving players who's professionalism was widely questioned and at the start he struggled, in fact things Spurs fans said about Poch was similar to what said about Antonio here.

I see some signs he can be the right man, yes of course if things don't progress in coming months I'd waver to the out side of the fence, but unfair to juge in seven games.

I know very well you gave Jose every possible opportunity to change things last year and you won't turn on Conte yet. Fair play, I comment that.

But I'm just fed up already. This is another wasted season.

Just now, Styles said:

I know very well you gave Jose every possible opportunity to change things last year and you won't turn on Conte yet. Fair play, I comment that.

But I'm just fed up already. This is another wasted season.

Im thibking maybe the 3-5-3 might work, we did  shut Arse down when that happened.

This season has come down to hoping we get fourth whatever means how and praying we evolve more like a Poch Spurs than a LVG United.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Im thibking maybe the 3-5-3 might work, we did  shut Arse down when that happened.

This season has come down to hoping we get fourth whatever means how and praying we evolve more like a Poch Spurs than a LVG United.

Defiantly gana be a struggle for 4th..so many teams with quality and then there's us. Early days but so far not good

This might be silly but Conte's body language has been extremely negative in the Liverpool and Arsenal games. I know we were rubbish and played poorly but he was just standing on the touchline, 'wearing' that glum and beaten look. It's such a huge contrast to when we were winning - he was constantly barking orders at the players, encouraging them etc. It's as if the loss to Liverpool or even the draw at Swansea has knocked the wind out of him. He has just looked flat in the last few games.