The Conte Thread

1 minute ago, Henrique said:

Conte is bad. Just bad. Yeah, the squad is limited. I've been one of the biggest critics of this squad since 14/15 season, when, despite the PL trophy, I said our back 4 was a bunch of average players and Matic was no more than a pretty limited DM, when the rest of the forum was praising those players as world class ones.

But we can understand when a team have pathern, decent and solid tactics, but is limited by the individual quality of the players. Mourinho's teams have pattern and solid tactics, even though I thought those tactics were way too conservative even when that was not needed, like that 2-2 games against PSG when the french side was down to 10 for most part of the game.

No doubt some people will be here saying the squad is ultra shit and Conte is doing his best. I dont know if he is doing his best, what I know is at the moment his looking completely clueless, and team is a mess. Last week game against Liverpool and this one were a product of a team that has no pattern and is not training well.

Some people will get angry, but after so many years we know whats going to happen soon or late. I just hope this board stop making those kind of stupid decisions. I really dont know how they thought Conte was a better option than Koeman, and I dont even know what Conte got in his CV to make him the choosen one.

Bad, pretty bad.

This is true unfortunately. The team is rubbish but any decent manager wouldn't have allowed what happened today to transpire.

We always needed to improve the squad but we've found out within 3 months of the season that we need a new manager.

Fun times.

9 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Conte is bad. Just bad. Yeah, the squad is limited. I've been one of the biggest critics of this squad since 14/15 season, when, despite the PL trophy, I said our back 4 was a bunch of average players and Matic was no more than a pretty limited DM, when the rest of the forum was praising those players as world class ones.

But we can understand when a team have pathern, decent and solid tactics, but is limited by the individual quality of the players. Mourinho's teams have pattern and solid tactics, even though I thought those tactics were way too conservative even when that was not needed, like that 2-2 games against PSG when the french side was down to 10 for most part of the game.

No doubt some people will be here saying the squad is ultra shit and Conte is doing his best. I dont know if he is doing his best, what I know is at the moment his looking completely clueless, and team is a mess. Last week game against Liverpool and this one were a product of a team that has no pattern and is not training well.

Some people will get angry, but after so many years we know whats going to happen soon or late. I just hope this board stop making those kind of stupid decisions. I really dont know how they thought Conte was a better option than Koeman, and I dont even know what Conte got in his CV to make him the choosen one.

Bad, pretty bad.

All you need to say.

They keep making the same stupid decisions, sack the manager and never learn. 

Well let me tell you how it will go in the future, they will not learn!

People who say they wanted Koeman instead: I love you all.

Ronald is my idol. My all-time favourite Dutch footballer and manager. He did great at Ajax, my hometown team PSV Eindhoven, and well without any prizes Feyenoord.

Also, Southampton and he's doing fine at Everton. He is a no-nonsense manager.

But....Conte was told to be the same. Dropping bigger names in the team, making drastic changes etc and he hasn't done one bit.

5 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Chelsea need 10 new players to win PL and UCL. No doubt about that, but Chelsea dont need 10 players to PLAY DECENT FOOTBALL AGAINST LIVERPOOL AND ARSENAL.

I agree. 

Conte has gotten it all wrong in the big matches so far, and to be honest, our players look tired as fuck on the pitch. I thought Arsenal had 5 extra players on because time and time again, Theo and Alexis were winning balls deep in defense, and then were beating our defenders in transition. It was shocking stuff. 

I see Conte has given Willian the same instructions as JM. Because Willian is effectively played as a wingback, and Ivan just stands there doing fuck all in defense. and Azpi is told to tuck in too, which means Hazard has to play as a RWB as well. And then in CM, It's just all gone to shit. I couldn't even tell you want any of our 3 CMs are supposed to be doing, and I doubt they could tell you either. 

He's got to do better, but I still maintain, the squad above all else is full of deadwood. Too many inconsistent footballers who aren't good enough to be regular starters for a Top 4 side. 

51 minutes ago, Barbara said:

You gotta be really special to leave Cesc in the bench against Burnley at home and play him against arsenal away.

The more I look at it the more I am convinced that Mourinho overachieved two seasons ago and that Conte won't get anything from this squad. A poor team managed by an average coach can't fight for more than 6th at the table. Starting Cesc today was clueless, but nothing in football is more clueless than Cahill defending

Sent from my SM-J700M using Tapatalk

Incredible

So you have been asking for Cesc to start all season long, once he does it and benches Oscar you criticize him for doing so ? 

Had he benched Fabregas and lost, you would have said the exact opposite. 

I highly question all of his decisions lately, but let's not be hypocrites and see things as they are : Cesc is never a 90 minutes player for Chelsea and shouldn't be, at least not until we sort all our defensive issues. 

I don't care if he is a good or bad manager. If I were him, I would simply walk out of the club. The board came into the season knowing we needed a major overhaul and ended up signing two starting quality players. 

What's more funny is people going for the classic 'there are no leaders' excuse. We're shit with and without Terry, simple as.

Can someone genuinely say we're anything but Palace with money? We play like a small club every decent opposition. It's quite embarrassing at this point tbh.

14 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

People who say they wanted Koeman instead: I love you all.

Ronald is my idol. My all-time favourite Dutch footballer and manager. He did great at Ajax, my hometown team PSV Eindhoven, and well without any prizes Feyenoord.

Also, Southampton and he's doing fine at Everton. He is a no-nonsense manager.

But....Conte was told to be the same. Dropping bigger names in the team, making drastic changes etc and he hasn't done one bit.

Because we don't have what to replace with. 

It was amazing we finish 10th last place, we should have been lower. 

But it's so amazing that a team that performs that bad and the club does hardly nothing in the summer to improve it. 

Can't blame the coach for that if the club does not help you. 

Yeah I think it's ludicrous to sack him. 

Said it before as well, if your not going to back the manager in the transfer window then we need to lower our standards. 

We finish 10th last season, if we finish 6th which was my prediction from the beginning then that would be progress. 

But we are not good enough and the club cannot expect much if they don't spend. 

I would only accept a sacking Conte if you get Bielsa. This club is crazy and we need a crazy guy like Bielsa to revolutionize us and get rid of players like no tomorrow. But I don't want this, I much rather keep Conte and work with him and get his targets. 

9 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yeah I think it's ludicrous to sack him. 

Said it before as well, if your not going to back the manager in the transfer window then we need to lower our standards. 

We finish 10th last season, if we finish 6th which was my prediction from the beginning then that would be progress. 

But we are not good enough and the club cannot expect much if they don't spend. 

I would only accept a sacking Conte if you get Bielsa. This club is crazy and we need a crazy guy like Bielsa to revolutionize us and get rid of players like no tomorrow. But I don't want this, I much rather keep Conte and work with him and get his targets. 

No, that wont be a progress. Okay, we finished 10th last season, but during that Mourinho's tenure the team was at the botton of the table. I think under Hiddink we were at least a top 5 team in terms of points. Okay, football under Hiddink was boring, the team was getting too many draws, but the tactics were at least solid. That was a limited squad producing decent football. With the current kind of football, I see this team ending below 7th, but again, finishing 6th wont be a progress, that would be another lost season.

One thing I want from this guy is to be consistent.

I was surprised he tried a whole new formation during the second half but I want him to stick to it next week.

Don't want this to be a desperate move cause of the situation.

If you want to change system, tactics then just do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, iceboy said:

I still don't blame him..The board let him down with bad summer transfer window

To be honest, Conte is just another 'shit on a stick football' merchant with no fresh ideas so in that sense I'm not even angry the board fucked him over.