The Conte Thread

Wouldn't be surprised if that's actually what happened. I hope Antonio will quit this farce before giving Abramovich a chance to sack him.And should that happen I will probably be done with the club, I'm sorry but I can't relate to the woman's monthly behaviour this club seems to adopt.

Roman must be stupid to judge him now. Very early days. Like last summer we had bad summer again and Roman should adress this to Marina and the board. Somebody have to explain this situation, they must stick together and back Conte. This club can't afford to sack the manager again. 

Seriously now i believe Roman need manager like Wenger now.

Use little to none money, invest in youth aim for Europe and success every year

We are going in asssenal way profit came first I feel the board choose this path after their hire that lady to control our financial

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, iceboy said:

A source close to Roman Abramovich said: "He was not happy with Conte’s performance, but it’s very early." #CFC (Dailystar)

Abramovich is understood to be angered by the limp performance of the costly-assembled team on a night, he was in London (Dailystar) #CFC

Abramovich is also understood to have questioned why Conte waited until the 84th minute to make any substitutions. #CFC (Dailystar)

Conte is known to be unhappy himself that some of the players he targeted in the summer were not signed. #CFC (Dailystar)

Antonio Conte fears the current squad is not strong enough to challenge for the title. #CFC (Dailystar)

Not liking what he saw, Abramovich held lengthy meetings with board members in a bid to find best way forward under Conte. #CFC (Dailystar)

Exclusive: Antonio Conte already under pressure as Roman Abramovich holds club meeting. #CFC (Dailystar)

Roman Abramovich left the ground in the small hours of Saturday morning still digesting the loss to Liverpool. (Guardian) #CFC #LFC

Crazy thing is, I believe this to be true. Carlo Ancelotti described exactly the same reactions in his new Autobiography. (Roman and the Board summoning meetings after every loss, ( even some wins) that happened early in the season.) But unlike during Carlo's reign (where the pressure came in his second season) this seems to be happening months into the Conte reign. :doh::doh:

The Board and Roman really don't want to believe and accept the cold hard truth, that Ivan/Cahill/JT/Willian/Matic/Oscar are not good enough to win the league again, and should be nowhere near the starting XI. 

Some poster on here said it best, "if only Chelsea were as ruthless with underperforming players, as they are with their managers."

11 hours ago, Fernando said:

Conte is a step up to Mourinho and the best choice available out there that would accept us under the circumstances.

errr... Koeman, which is at least someone with some PL experience already.

I just have to ask the question whether having a long hard look at our deficiencies will spur massive action (getting rid of "dead wood" or sub-standard players in the squad) on the part of both Conte and the CFC board.

I can begin to forgive dumbshit decisions like Torres, deBruyne, not having a top winger while Drogba was still playing with us for years after Robben and Duff, and keeping Mikel as a long-term DM for a decade if someone or some group of people take the initiative and make things right, but I think we're all just waiting, waiting, waiting.  Meanwhile, Dortmund, ManCity and seemingly Everton are waaaaaaaay more entertaining to a general football fan.

40 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Crazy thing is, I believe this to be true. Carlo Ancelotti described exactly the same reactions in his new Autobiography. (Roman and the Board summoning meetings after every loss, ( even some wins) that happened early in the season.) But unlike during Carlo's reign (where the pressure came in his second season) this seems to be happening months into the Conte reign. :doh::doh:

The Board and Roman really don't want to believe and accept the cold hard truth, that Ivan/Cahill/JT/Willian/Matic/Oscar are not good enough to win the league again, and should be nowhere near the starting XI. 

Some poster on here said it best, "if only Chelsea were as ruthless with underperforming players, as they are with their managers."

Good conversation going on here. I think it's true.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

That Burnley game has been typical Liverpool under Klopp tho infact it's been typical Pool since Rafa's reign, geuinenly wouldnt surprise me if they dropped points or failing that made a serious drama out of beating Hull this weekend.

They remind me of our team few years leading up to Roman's takeover, I remember us Ranieris first full season beat United 3-0, Liverpool 4-0 the result sandwiched in between? A 1-0 loss at home to Charlton.

Liverpool on a good day can win well anywhere, even the Camp Nou, but in a 38 game league slogg I question whether they have enough. They could be like what our pre Roman team was, a great cup team (so for that reason I hope they miss out of top 4, hearing about Istanbul even to this day is beyond irritating), but I'd be amazed to see them win or challenge the title.

It's not just that Burnley fixture. Liverpool were also very hot and very cold in the same game, against Arsenal.

1 hour ago, quickpassnmove said:

errr... Koeman, which is at least someone with some PL experience already.

I just have to ask the question whether having a long hard look at our deficiencies will spur massive action (getting rid of "dead wood" or sub-standard players in the squad) on the part of both Conte and the CFC board.

I can begin to forgive dumbshit decisions like Torres, deBruyne, not having a top winger while Drogba was still playing with us for years after Robben and Duff, and keeping Mikel as a long-term DM for a decade if someone or some group of people take the initiative and make things right, but I think we're all just waiting, waiting, waiting.  Meanwhile, Dortmund, ManCity and seemingly Everton are waaaaaaaay more entertaining to a general football fan.

Speaking of Koeman, I remember him saying that he would be interested in coaching a club like Chelsea (and that he hoped Hiddink would put in a good word for him as a fellow Dutch manager) 

As for Conte, let's give this guy some time.  Let him clear out deadwood from the first team squad and bring in fresh faces like Kante & Batshuayi

I have just been contacted by my people and my secret agents service spy group and Conte will be Sacked and Chelsea have signed Diego Simeone on a 3 year Contract and he will be Chelsea FC new manager when Conte gets sacked just before November 30 2016 and Diego Simeone will be put in as CFC manager so that Simeone can bring in new Players in January 2017 Transfer Window.

That's all I want to tell you. I cannot give you anymore Info because that's all you need to know.

:ph34r::D

Not sure if that's true about Roman 

He should be unhappy with his staff that failed to get Contes targets. 

Its clear to everyone that our defense is shite and we settled for luiz. Not sure about Alonso but i doubt he was first choice. 

Jose got all his targets and Pep got his. You can't do business in the cheap and expect to turn this team around it needs big changes 

Replace 

Cahill, Ivan, Matic , Oscar with actual quality and then see how much the team improves. 

Conte screwed up against Liverpool, the lineup was predictable and leaving the subs so late was stupid of him. Apart from that he's got results out of a team with a joke of a back 4 

The board and Roman may have had a meeting and may be annoyed with Friday's tactics but the talk of the sack at this stage is laughable, we are talking about the same owner that kept Jose mark 2 and AVB much longer than both deserved.

If we perform like we did vs Liverpool for next 4 months, then yes he could be potentially close to the sack, and rightly so, but I don't think it will come to that, I think he will sort this out and we will get at least 4 points at our second home and the KC stadium.

So if it's true, maybe Roman and the board should look closely at themselves for missing targets such as Nainggolan, Koulibaly and co and maybe, just maybe, the slow and labored stuff is put down to us carrying passengers like Oscar, Matic, Cahill and Ivanovic...All of whom should of been replaced.

I call bullshit. Media also read Ancelotti's biography and could speculate based on that. Just like they do with the huge war chest every transfer window.

It didn't work out against Pool, but overall i find the football quite good so far.

Wasn't the news that Abramovich is fed up with the hire and fire?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

So are things turning sour again, already? Or is this more media gunge trying Destabilize Chelsea again?

Courtois speaking out, emergency meeting into the early hours after Friday's game.....surely to god this is not happening again.

21 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

So are things turning sour again, already? Or is this more media gunge trying Destabilize Chelsea again?

Courtois speaking out, emergency meeting into the early hours after Friday's game.....surely to god this is not happening again.

It's like an scenario. Tibo interview wasn't necessary in this "bad moment" for us.. he likes to talk BS. Must start to focus on our next matches. 

The board keep making this kind of choice in terms of manager, and at this point I really dont know what they would expect from Conte. Months ago when he was announced, I said it was clear the board seems to hire managers based on some kind of status:

Scolari = World Cup winner, wanted by FA to be English NT.

Ancelotti = Italian giants manager and 2 time UCL winner.

André Villas Boas = Europa League winner.

Mourinho MK2 = well, Chelsea need a big name manager, who else, if Guardiola is not available?

Now Conte. Nobody would dream about Conte when he was with Juventus. I bet if, instead of Italy, he went to manage Greece, the board would not even consider his name, but he was Italy NT coach after all, se he got the spotlights on him. The board must take responsability and at least give Conte some time, and I hope they don't see him as so good that can make this limited squad into top 4.