The Conte Thread

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Reading this topic and the Liverpool post-match one I remembered why I have lost most of my interest in actively participating and reading this forum. Many people are very stupid, I cannot stand it anymore. I will not elaborate what I mean by this or name any names, but the level of ignorance is getting unbearable. Quantity has clearly overrun quality in this community.

Agree with you mate. Since 2012 this place changed a lot. All the old members lost their interest here. When we win there are 2 page of post match thread when we lose 7.

4 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Any day of the week, my friend. 

I have to admit that in the, "Who do you want as the next Chelsea manager", poll Allegri got my vote.

Nothing against Antonio, I like him a lot. I like the intelligence he shows in interviews and I even like the fact that his press conferences are the most boring things known to man. He is here now so he has my support and I'm sure he has yours too.

it is more difficult every day for the club to afford, and to attract, the quality of player necessary to improve our prospects. Antonio has a very tough job on his hands. Let's wish him well.

21 minutes ago, iceboy said:

Agree with you mate. Since 2012 this place changed a lot. All the old members lost their interest here. When we win there are 2 page of post match thread when we lose 7.

It doesn't bother me how many pages some thread gets, it's the content (i.e. the general outcry that Conte is a fraud after his first defeat, fuck me silly what my eyes have to see on here). I want to be able to talk and read Chelsea somewhere, TalkChelsea isn't the place anymore, but I don't want to leave because of my long history here. Anyway, whatever, I will not discuss this any further, I believe most of you are familiar with my views already.

2 hours ago, DYC. said:

Nothing wrong with Conte. The hype just went too far. All of sudden he was painted as some magical mastermind who would come in and lift Chelsea to the highest plateau.

I like Conte. First appointment I've liked since Villas-Boas (sad how things turned out but I still think he's a very good coach, probably not the best manager but he's still young). I doubt we'll ever see very exciting football under him but he could eventually make the team very organised and solid in all areas. As long as it isn't dull and too reactive.

Just needs to get that top 4 finish and strengthen the team (a lot) more next summer. But I'll keep saying it, it's not going to be easy. City, Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool... Everton could be the surprise of the league this season (there's always one or two).

A top four of City, Spurs, Chelsea, Everton would be amazing and hilarious.

Good post and agree with it. Conte needs to learn quickly that when trailing in the PL and chasing a game not to leave subs until 3 minutes before the end....That was bizarre in the extreme,he must not let that happen again.

To leave Batshuayi on the bench when we needed a goal was crazy.

2 hours ago, DYC. said:

Nothing wrong with Conte. The hype just went too far. All of sudden he was painted as some magical mastermind who would come in and lift Chelsea to the highest plateau.

I like Conte. First appointment I've liked since Villas-Boas (sad how things turned out but I still think he's a very good coach, probably not the best manager but he's still young). I doubt we'll ever see very exciting football under him but he could eventually make the team very organised and solid in all areas. As long as it isn't dull and too reactive.

Just needs to get that top 4 finish and strengthen the team (a lot) more next summer. But I'll keep saying it, it's not going to be easy. City, Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool... Everton could be the surprise of the league this season (there's always one or two).

Very tough ask I think

I believe city and Arsenal are certainties for the top four, while Spurs and Liverpool have both looked significantly better than we have so far. Obviously United and Leicester  must count as candidates but, fortunately, West Ham have continued to look as appalling as they did at Stamford Bridge. Maybe thier status as outsiders will be taken by Everton.

If there is a glimmer of hope for us, then it is no more than a  glimmer. 

27 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Very tough ask I think

I believe city and Arsenal are certainties for the top four, while Spurs and Liverpool have both looked significantly better than we have so far. Obviously United and Leicester  must count as candidates but, fortunately, West Ham have continued to look as appalling as they did at Stamford Bridge. Maybe thier status as outsiders will be taken by Everton.

If there is a glimmer of hope for us, then it is no more than a  glimmer. 

Christ, I thought I was a bit negative...

No way have Spurs looked significantly better than us. They've been nowhere near where they were last season so far and now may be losing Kane for an extended period. Liverpool have been (really) hot and cold. That's how I think they'll be all season. They'll look unstoppable one game and woeful the next. Everton won't keep this up all season.

The only 100% certainty for the top 4 is City who will walk the title by the look of it. With the amount of uncertainty with everyone but them, we have a fantastic shot at top 4.

We win our next 2 PL games against top quality sides and suddenly we're right back up there and morale is restored.

5 hours ago, DYC. said:

This. The squad is limited and Conte is not this "magical mastermind" some people thought he was, or an italian version of Mourinho MK1. Before the seasons started I said it would be really difficult to even get a top 4 finish and the the likes of @Polo7 were saying we would definetely finish in top 4, as it was something that would be easily achieved. Finishing in 4th will be a HUGE achievement for Conte, but he is not helping himself with some decisions that make him look like Gyro Gearloose.

9 minutes ago, Henrique said:

This. The squad is limited and Conte is not this "magical mastermind" some people thought he was, or an italian version of Mourinho MK1. Before the seasons started I said it would be really difficult to even get a top 4 finish and the the likes of @Polo7 were saying we would definetely finish in top 4, as it was something that would be easily achieved. Finishing in 4th will be a HUGE achievement for Conte, but he is not helping himself with some decisions that make him look like Gyro Gearloose.

Conte is a step up to Mourinho and the best choice available out there that would accept us under the circumstances.

54 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Conte is a step up to Mourinho and the best choice available out there that would accept us under the circumstances.

This Jose no doubt, but Henrique was talking about Jose mark 1.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

No way have Spurs looked significantly better than us. They've been nowhere near where they were last season so far and now may be losing Kane for an extended period. Liverpool have been (really) hot and cold. That's how I think they'll be all season. They'll look unstoppable one game and woeful the next. Everton won't keep this up all season.

The only 100% certainty for the top 4 is City who will walk the title by the look of it. With the amount of uncertainty with everyone but them, we have a fantastic shot at top 4.

We win our next 2 PL games against top quality sides and suddenly we're right back up there and morale is restored.

I haven't been paying much attention to the rivals but Liverpool hot and cold? Bar losing to Burnley, they've booked excellent results. And they've already faced Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea away. 10 out 15 points with that squad and that fixture list is fantastic.

You can't say that Everton. It's unlikely but far from impossible. We've seen plenty of teams punch well above their weight in the past years. And there's no denying anymore that 14/15 Chelsea is one of those teams.

I agree with Greavsie on City and Arsenal (they always manage sadly). Utd should be in there based on quality but I hope they continue failing. The rest I don't know. It will be interesting.

14 hours ago, Pizy said:

😊

Before I started posting on this site, and discovered a bunch of people who claim to love our club but who seem to me to behave like they hate it, I used to describe myself as the most negative Chelsea fan around. You're probably not so far wide of the mark therefore.

Arsenal will finish top four for the same reason they always do.  Of all the attributes which contribute to making a footballer effective, technical quality is the most reliable. Wenger believes above all else in technical quality. Whenever anything else is letting his side down they can always fall back on that and scrape through somehow. They've done it before and they'll do it again.

I agree Liverpool have obviously been hot and cold but, at their best they have been better than  we have been when at our best, and at their worst they have not been as bad as us when we have been cold. Liverpool's inconsistency prevents me being definitive about their top four chances but it is realistic, not pessimistic, to observe that they've done better than we have in the early weeks. In my opinion that is so even before you take into account who they've played and compare it with the fixtures we've completed.

Before I can feel tempted to be more optimistic about our chances I want to see how Alonso affects the team, assuming he breaks in, and whether or not Antonio can draw out the kind of commitment which took this under resourced squad to the title a year and a half ago.

5 hours ago, Henrique said:

If I was a pessimist, I wouldnt even get out of bed in the morning, let alone watch football.

Then again some people just love to complain.

3 hours ago, DYC. said:

I haven't been paying much attention to the rivals but Liverpool hot and cold? Bar losing to Burnley, they've booked excellent results. And they've already faced Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea away. 10 out 15 points with that squad and that fixture list is fantastic.

You can't say that Everton. It's unlikely but far from impossible. We've seen plenty of teams punch well above their weight in the past years. And there's no denying anymore that 14/15 Chelsea is one of those teams.

I agree with Greavsie on City and Arsenal (they always manage sadly). Utd should be in there based on quality but I hope they continue failing. The rest I don't know. It will be interesting.

That Burnley game has been typical Liverpool under Klopp tho infact it's been typical Pool since Rafa's reign, geuinenly wouldnt surprise me if they dropped points or failing that made a serious drama out of beating Hull this weekend.

They remind me of our team few years leading up to Roman's takeover, I remember us Ranieris first full season beat United 3-0, Liverpool 4-0 the result sandwiched in between? A 1-0 loss at home to Charlton.

Liverpool on a good day can win well anywhere, even the Camp Nou, but in a 38 game league slogg I question whether they have enough. They could be like what our pre Roman team was, a great cup team (so for that reason I hope they miss out of top 4, hearing about Istanbul even to this day is beyond irritating), but I'd be amazed to see them win or challenge the title.

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

😊

Before I started posting on this site, and discovered a bunch of people who claim to love our club but who seem to me to behave like they hate it, I used to describe myself as the most negative Chelsea fan around. You're probably not so far wide of the mark therefore.

Arsenal will finish top four for the same reason they always do.  Of all the attributes which contribute to making a footballer effective, technical quality is the most reliable. Wenger believes above all else in technical quality. Whenever anything else is letting his side down they can always fall back on that and scrape through somehow. They've done it before and I'll do it again.

I agree Liverpool have obviously been hot and cold but, at their best they have been better than  we have been when at our best, and at their worst they have not been as bad as us when we have been cold. Liverpool's inconsistency prevents me being definitive about their top four chances but it is realistic, not pessimistic, to observe that they've done better than we have in the early weeks. In my opinion that is so even before you take into account who they've played and compare it with the fixtures we've completed.

Before I can feel tempted to be more optimistic about our chances I want to see how Alonso affects the team, assuming he breaks in, and whether or not Antonio can draw out the kind of commitment which took this under resourced squad to the title a year and a half ago.

Thats funny I'm in a similar boat, I got a strong group of Chelsea fans as friends and im considered the negative one of the group and not even they are particularly positive, yet on here I'm often called out for being too optimistic.

Although I think that has a lot to do with the fact I often refrain for posting a lot of the negative thoughts on here, mainly because everything I think negative is covered and further exaggerated x100. However if in 12 months this place does a 180 and is full of TYs instead of Claude's, you would quickly find me looking like the new Lionsden.

A source close to Roman Abramovich said: "He was not happy with Conte’s performance, but it’s very early." #CFC (Dailystar)

Abramovich is understood to be angered by the limp performance of the costly-assembled team on a night, he was in London (Dailystar) #CFC

Abramovich is also understood to have questioned why Conte waited until the 84th minute to make any substitutions. #CFC (Dailystar)

Conte is known to be unhappy himself that some of the players he targeted in the summer were not signed. #CFC (Dailystar)

Antonio Conte fears the current squad is not strong enough to challenge for the title. #CFC (Dailystar)

Not liking what he saw, Abramovich held lengthy meetings with board members in a bid to find best way forward under Conte. #CFC (Dailystar)

Exclusive: Antonio Conte already under pressure as Roman Abramovich holds club meeting. #CFC (Dailystar)

Roman Abramovich left the ground in the small hours of Saturday morning still digesting the loss to Liverpool. (Guardian) #CFC #LFC

10 minutes ago, iceboy said:

A source close to Roman Abramovich said: "He was not happy with Conte’s performance, but it’s very early." #CFC (Dailystar)

Abramovich is understood to be angered by the limp performance of the costly-assembled team on a night, he was in London (Dailystar) #CFC

Abramovich is also understood to have questioned why Conte waited until the 84th minute to make any substitutions. #CFC (Dailystar)

Conte is known to be unhappy himself that some of the players he targeted in the summer were not signed. #CFC (Dailystar)

Antonio Conte fears the current squad is not strong enough to challenge for the title. #CFC (Dailystar)

Not liking what he saw, Abramovich held lengthy meetings with board members in a bid to find best way forward under Conte. #CFC (Dailystar)

Exclusive: Antonio Conte already under pressure as Roman Abramovich holds club meeting. #CFC (Dailystar)

Roman Abramovich left the ground in the small hours of Saturday morning still digesting the loss to Liverpool. (Guardian) #CFC #LFC

Because you fools didn't spend on the players Conte wanted. Instead end up spending like 50 million on mediocre players like David luiz and Alonso.....

Would have been better if they spend on the players Conte asked for. 

Its impossible for me to believe anything related to Abramovich from the press, such a powerful & wealthy person cannot leave informations like holding club meetings arrive to the press.Plus its only damaging our club.