The Conte Thread

We are just starting the season. Give the man some time, and believe in what the team can do with him at the front. I am annoyed by the late subs as well, but I´m sure that, if he has any managerial sense, he'll adapt to these situations in time.

19 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I hate to say it, but I'm annoyed with Conte the most. Let's give him time and all that, but why are we setting up defensively at home and playing on the counter attack?

We made them look like fucking Barca at the bridge. Similar to the West ham game, we showed them far too much respect. They had Milner at LB FFS. Theyre known for being woeful at the back and we didn't exploit it or even try too. Hazard should have been put on Mlner from the start.

Also, re conte - the subs and tactical changes were far too late.

Change has to come at Leicester. We simply can't go on like this - defeat on Tuesday is unthinkable given our failure to qualify for European competition last season.

THIS!

17 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I hate to say it, but I'm annoyed with Conte the most. Let's give him time and all that, but why are we setting up defensively at home and playing on the counter attack?

We made them look like fucking Barca at the bridge. Similar to the West ham game, we showed them far too much respect. They had Milner at LB FFS. Theyre known for being woeful at the back and we didn't exploit it or even try too. Hazard should have been put on Mlner from the start.

Also, re conte - the subs and tactical changes were far too late.

Change has to come at Leicester. We simply can't go on like this - defeat on Tuesday is unthinkable given our failure to qualify for European competition last season.

The tactical idea of Conte was explained well by Xavi during the European "Italy knows how to defend like Atletico and attack like Barca" this is perfection for Conte.It will take time (and a few purchases).Of one thing you can be sure if you're angry for the defeat he is more probably he spent the day reviewing the game several times.

7 minutes ago, AlesJuve said:

The tactical idea of Conte was explained well by Xavi during the European "Italy knows how to defend like Atletico and attack like Barca" this is perfection for Conte.It will take time (and a few purchases).Of one thing you can be sure if you're angry for the defeat he is more probably he spent the day reviewing the game several times.

Agree about the lack of purchases bit, that's down to abramovich and the board.

Conte seems a bit dopey regarding subs. Bringing Batman on at Swansea so very late was criminal ( I ask myself, was it a time wasting happy with a point sub?) and chasing Liverpool for the majority of Friday night (in every way) it took until the 82nd minute for him to act. So it took him a massive 82 minutes to realise we were second best all over the park and do something about it? I hope he is sitting down and reviewing the game today. Sit down and watch the game Conte, stop playing the game on the touchline...it appears to be clouding your view somewhat. We love you directing when we're winning but passionately running up and down waving arms doesn't mean you actually have a clue. I wait to be convinced he is the real deal.

Of course the real danger is the Buckenalo wont give him the time, even if he is the real deal, it'll be arrivederci....

Agree!!' don't understand the late subs..things aren't going well they're not suddenly going to change without something being done and they just get later and later so when they do come on little time to actually make a impact. So frustrating 

12 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Thing is, this team cannot be set up in an attacking way for the time being. It would be suicide. It baffles me how people fail to realize it yet.
Hopefully once Luiz and Alonso (maybe) will be starters we can take steps forwards in that direction.

I'm optimistic that Alonso can help us but I'm disillusioned about the re-signing of David Luiz.

Your main point about the deficiencies of our squad is absolutely correct. There is a group of members who refuse to accept the limitations placed on our tactical options by those deficiencies. It doesn't matter how many managers come in and find themselves forced to adopt the same approach, this group continue to blame the managers.

Over the weekend I read yet another post pleading for us to adopt a more attacking approach. Players hurtling up the pitch, waiting for a ball that's never going to arrive because your team can't string five positive passes together, isn't atacking. It is, as you say, suicide.

Every team defends when they don't have possession. The difference between Chelsea and other sides that we admire is what they can do with the ball when they get it. Any squad of professional footballers can put together beautiful passages of play. Over the course of a season however the shortcomings of our squad are going to continue to restrict our ambitions until, and unless, we improve their general quality.

The silver lining from all this is that observing the last 5 league games could lead him to one conclusion. 

Bar the one game against Burnley, he has lost every single game with the same starting eleven he has put out. Didn't get a result out of any game until the point he made a substitution. (Yes, Terry didn't play the last game and Willian missed another, but had those players been fit it would have been identical lineups for all 5 games)

Disappointed with the loss but I feel in the larger scheme of things he needed this one  ... Too much respect in the first half, late subs and not believing in his tactics were the things that let him down. 

If I have to believe the man from what he has spoken in various interview this should get him thinking and should adapt the dynamics on the field of play... I really hope he comes back with a strong plan B when in a situation like the Liverpool game ... I have really have hope in him and this is part of the learning curve in the PL. 

Think it's too much overreacting here... 

The defeat hurts, they were obviously better, but he had his reasons for the late subs ( he explained them btw, bringing in fresh players near full time gives them edge over the opponents, worked in the past, didn't work thihs time, shit happens ). 

Also did anyone see his face during the post game presser, he must have been absolutely furious with the lads. 

And he started reminding of the danger of the Premier League straight away from the first defeat, sort of "Shouldn't happen ever again" thing. This is the right thing to do.