The Conte Thread

If any juve fans here,,how long conte can integrate all player and make your team become unbeaten in all aspect??? If the answer is 2nd year,,then be patient for a while. But,,the back 4 is need to major change at least in the 2nd half of the season...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Azpinator said:

I've heard from some Juve fans that he almost always starts making subs around the 75th minute.

My only problem with his subs today was that he should have used Michy before Moses. Michy had bigger impact in the first 3 games.

That's a weird one I have to say and the one critique of Antonio I have so far, my guess is he likes to wait till then because the opposition will be even leggier than say if the sub was made on the hour and he believes the fresh impetuous will have us swarming over the opposition for the last 15 (lets be fair that's worked on the whole so far),  @AlesJuve and his fellow Juventus fans will know if I'm close to correct on that or not. Also how points did Juve save late on under Antonio?

14 hours ago, nono said:

He keeps talking about incorporating players into his style of football but what does he really mean ? All i really see is a defensive approach. Two games we've nicked in the dying minutes and finally we lost points today against a really poor side. He hasn't binned any of our underperformers from last season. Every new manager must take a year to assess the garbage in our squad and since we change managers every year they'll basically be with us forever.

As for Conte what is really special about him? I don't see it so far. Mourinho wouldve had the exact same lineup that he's been playing so what was the point of bringing him in ? The football hasn't really changed and the youth players can't even make the squad.

14 hours ago, nono said:

Wish we had Guardiola. He would've really transformed the team.

12 hours ago, nono said:

Our football hasn't really improved is what I'm saying.

You are really deluded.

Conte has actually helped us well. And has made Willian, Oscar and Matic a lot better.

Bonus Stat: Willian has the highest key passes per game in the league with 4.7, the next highest are Payet and De Bruyne with 3.5. Oscar is in 14th with 2.5 per game.

Infact only mancity have created more chances than us in the league. We just have the fewest amount of finishers in our team compared to the top Premier League teams. 

He has made even Oscar and Willian create more chances than ever.

These are Chances Oscar/Willian/Matic were involved in vs Swansea, Burnley, Watford & WestHam

vs Swansea:
Chelsea throw in, nice flick on by Oscar releases Willian down the right, Willian chops inside then makes a yard for himself on the outside to put a nice ball across for Costa but Fabianski gets down a full stretch.
Ball into the box is poorly, Oscar brings it down with a lovely touch and finds Costa with a great layoff. Costa scores, Oscar assist.
Willian delivers the corner that Terry flicks on and Costa should score.
Willian gets the ball 1 vs 1 against the fullback, cuts inside him and put a ball across the Eden is inches away from tapping in.
Oscar picks it up 25 yards out and bends one towards the top corner but Fabianski claws it out with a great save.
Oscar makes a nice diagonal run that is picked out by Cesc, lays it off to Ivanovic whose shot is saved but Costa ends up scoring.
Those are just the chances included in a 10min highlights, also remember a few other involvements, a couple of shots from Oscar from distance, a header he should be better with and a nice effort from Willian at the near post after making a yard to get the shot away.

vs Burnley:
Matic wins it in midfield, finds Hazard in space who runs 30 yards and scores.

Willian holds it up out wide and waits for Matic to makes a run to the byline, slips it to Matic whose cross is flicked on to Hazard by Oscar, Hazards shot is cleared off the line.
Willian holds it up out wide and slips in Oscar who has made a nice diagonal run, Oscar’s fake cross put the defender on the ground and the rolls it to Costa who should score but his shot is saved.
Willian gets it 1 vs 1 vs the fullback in the box, makes a yard on the outside and smashes it past the keeper to score.
Hazard finds Matic in the box whose lays it off to Costa but his shot is saved.
Willian picks out Hazard on the edge of the box from a corner whose shot is saved and then JT blazes it over.
This time Oscar picks out Hazard at the edge of the box who cuts onto his left and fires over.
On the break Willian picks out Hazard who is unmarked with a beautiful cross, shot is saved well.
Oscar picks it up in a deep area, plays it into Batshuayi’s feet who releases Pedro who then picks out Moses with a whipped cross to score. 

vs West Ham:
Oscar plays in Ivanovic with a cheeky backheel, Ivanovic’s shot saved at the near post.
Oscar tackles someone deep in West Ham’s half, runs at
Reid, beats him with a nice body feint, is dragged down, should have been a penalty but isn’t given.
Willian free kick tipped over the bar by Adrian.
Willian corner picks out Azpilicueta at the near post whose glancing header is over.
Oscar through ball sets Willian 1 vs 1, makes a yard on the outside and shot is going into the bottom corner but is well saved.
Willian corner picks out Terry 8 yards out who heads over, should probably do better.
Full highlights of the Watford game have been taken down.

Conte is doing well. We're just not clinical enough, cut him some slack. Don't remember how many times we created loads of chances under Mourinho. 

Last season we were totally devoid of anything offensively, it was well documented that the focus was on being organised/defensive tactics and the 'flair'/attacking players were left to it.. How many times did we get to the edge of the box last season then go back? Or not accelerate into the box or play the forward pass? Or even give the opposition time to regroup because the transitions took too long between midfield..

Things are coming along nicely and at the start of the season I said I'd be happy with 4th with seeing progression on how we play/players attitudes toward a manager that is very demanding in a different way to Jose. Easy to say now Jose is gone, we all drank the coolade, or most of us but you never go back to an ex, or if you do, normally its until you quickly realize why you gtfo in the first place.

Looking forward to Liverpool, feel like this game will show us where we are/how far we need to go this season to challenge a team that I think will be there or there-abouts for 4th.

23 hours ago, Tomo said:

My main gripe with the club as a whole during my whole life as a Chelsea supporter is how shit we are winning points late on, not only winning the points but the application, we never seemed to pin teams back like United under Fergie did and to an extent Arsenal late 00s/early10s aswell.

Obviously law of averages we did it a few times but I always had this dread when games hit 70-75 and we weren't in front, after the Watford and Swansea games when we levelled the score I was convinced we were going to win it, I know we didn't today but we had Swansea by the balls to the point they hooked off their best player for a defender.

I know there's still a lot of work to do, but by the looks of it Conte has installed an almost Fergie time like belief in our squad that we can save games in the dying embers.

Couldn't agree more with that and did a little bit of searching and compared the number of goals scored + points won after the 80th minute last and this season

2015/16 - Scored 8 goals, 6 of them helped to gain 7 points

2016/17 - Scored 5 goals, with 4 having helped to win 6 points (and we're only 4 games in!)

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Couldn't agree more with that and did a little bit of searching and compared the number of goals scored + points won after the 80th minute last and this season

2016/17 - Scored 5 goals, with 4 having helped to win 6 points (and we're only 4 games in!)

I would imagine the figure last season was similar every season since I remember, going back to 14/15 even we only won 4 points in the last ten minutes and that were the Everton and QPR games.

Drove me nuts so hopefully this newly found figting till the end at The Bridge is here to stay, because even our 04-10 bunch didn't win many points late on, could be the difference from being a dominant league force to a mere cup team.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Exactly and @Tomo great point well made. 

That's what made Utd so successful under Fergie - they never gave up - ever!

I think Conte knows this and come the end of the season, we will see a Chelsea team capable of fighting for 95+ mins. 

I like how he has motivated the team, his pressers and all round attitude. 

To think some are unhappy with him just defies belief :(