The Conte Thread

On 8/31/2016 at 10:48 PM, Parky said:

With his latest signings maybe he wants to go back to his 3-5-2 ?

Batshuayi---Costa

Hazard           

Matic-----Kante

Alonso                            Cesar

Zouma--Terry---Luiz

if i will chose a 3-5-2 so i will make some changes from yours squad: first luiz out chaill in because i still not trust luiz until he will show otherwise, second all the idea of playing 5 at the back is not to play with 2 defensive midfielders so i will put matic out and put oscar in, get costa out and put hazard their because we don't have any good striker on the bench to get inside if michy and costa is in the first 11, and last as a AMC i will put willan. like this:

hazard---michy

willan           

oscar-----Kante

Zouma---terry---chaill

there is possible to get willan out and put oscar up their and fabergas as a mc near kante, because i'm not sure how willan is there, maybe loses his strength to Tear up the line.
what do you think?

13 hours ago, blueblood22 said:

if i will chose a 3-5-2 so i will make some changes from yours squad: first luiz out chaill in because i still not trust luiz until he will show otherwise, second all the idea of playing 5 at the back is not to play with 2 defensive midfielders so i will put matic out and put oscar in, get costa out and put hazard their because we don't have any good striker on the bench to get inside if michy and costa is in the first 11, and last as a AMC i will put willan. like this:

hazard---michy

willan           

oscar-----Kante

Zouma---terry---chaill

there is possible to get willan out and put oscar up their and fabergas as a mc near kante, because i'm not sure how willan is there, maybe loses his strength to Tear up the line.
what do you think?

In 3-5-2 system Conte usually formated his team like this:

- 3 or at least 2 ball playing defenders at the back (Luiz, Alonso, Zouma, Ivanović)

- Midfield from 1 playmaker (Fabregas?) and 2 ball wining/box-to-box midfielders (Kante - Matić/Oscar).

- Wingbacks that can deliver on both sides of the pitch (Azpi, Alonso, Willian, Moses?)

- He usually likes to combine strenght and pace upfront (Mitchy - Hazard / Costa - Hazard / Costa - Mitchy)

My team would be:

Courtois
Luiz - Zouma - Alonso
Azpi - Oscar - Fabregas - Kante - Willian
Hazard - Costa/Mitchy

On 28 August 2016 at 3:15 AM, Hybrid Angel said:

"If we had the right players we would have scored 8 goals."

The score could have entered double digits if it wasn't for lack of incisiveness and Heaton playing out of his mind. It was clear we stepped off the gas pedal once we scored the second goal. It wasn't the case of not choosing the right individuals.

Your statement regarding us having the same approach and way more importantly team couldn't be any more ridiculous. We are ever so different from Mourinho's team. This team can actually hold on to the ball for more than a minute(as seen against West Ham and today). Our press resistance is getting stronger day by day. Under Mourinho a throw in could be enough for us to lose possession. Our pressing itself can finally be called 'pressing' since we're actually pressing as a unit and we're doing it well.

The biggest improvement is the ability to create goal scoring chances in different ways. Last season under Mourinho I can barely recall any goals that weren't from set pieces, individual pieces of brilliance or major opponent mistakes. Conte actually trains his team to play attacking football. His understanding of movements in the opposition half is top notch. He made aveage players like Eder and Pelle look good because of this. Sure, Hazard is a major key to our attack but it's not like we can't score without him. There are significant improvements in regards to our attacking play. 

People are not 'seeing just results.' There are clear improvements which you seem to fail to see in the team in many different aspects which I have outlined above. At the same time, I think our supporters are not being blinded by results. I'm fairly certain everyone knows that there are certain gaping holes specifically at the back but to disregard the major improvements we have made due to the board not addressing the CB and LB issue is simply wrong. 

Sorry for coming to this conversation a bit late but I've been down, and off football, since the David Luiz deal. I'm not over it yet but I'm doing my best. :-)

I think you are drawing conclusions too soon. For example, West Ham tried very hard to allow us to play very, very well against them, but we still failed. Against Watford, we were horrible for all but a few minutes. We won comprehensively against Burnley but only after Bristol Rovers had exposed the criminal lack of depth in our squad.

There are improvements, and I am very optimistic about the help Alonso can give us, but we mustn't  read too much into what we've seen so far. For the most part it's been very disappointing. Goodness only knows how things would have gone had Eden not been on his game.

Let's keep in mind that journalist who, at the start of the season before last, was describing our team as the best Premier League side ever. Swallows and summers and all that.

45 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Sorry for coming to this conversation a bit late but I've been down, and off football, since the David Luiz deal. I'm not over it yet but I'm doing my best. :-)

I think you are drawing conclusions too soon. For example, West Ham tried very hard to allow us to play very, very well against them, but we still failed. Against Watford, we were horrible for all but a few minutes. We won comprehensively against Burnley but only after Bristol Rovers had exposed the criminal lack of depth in our squad.

There are improvements, and I am very optimistic about the help Alonso can give us, but we mustn't  read too much into what we've seen so far. For the most part it's been very disappointing. Goodness only knows how things would have gone had Eden not been on his game.

Let's keep in mind that journalist who, at the start of the season before last, was describing our team as the best Premier League side ever. Swallows and summers and all that.

West Ham tried their very, very, very best to let us play good against then!!

??? 

Cahill said: “Everyone saw what happened. We went from winning the league having stayed at the top all year to the disaster of last season.
“We lost our way tactically, everyone's head was in different directions.
"When I say about pulling together as a team, I felt everyone had different situations going on individually whether that be if you're playing or not, the manager, or this or that. Different distractions are never healthy.
"It is the hardest thing [when everyone is not on the same wavelength]. People talk about as if you wake up one day and suddenly you're a bog standard player. It doesn't happen.
"You always have the quality and ability, it's the mindset, everyone being fully focussed on what they're doing, no distractions."
Chelsea look much more like their old selves since the summer arrival of Italian taskmaster Antonio Conte and have won their first four games this season.
Defender Cahill told BBC Five Live: "We needed organisation. The main thing for me is how fit and sharp we look, and the organisation in terms of where players need to be. "It was important that we regroup and get everyone focussed back to where we should be.
"We needed to have a game-plan, have the tactics and way we want to play drilled into everyone and everybody buy into it. That's what we have seen early on.
"This season we have come in, worked very hard and we are buying into what is happening here.
“That's the most important thing to move forward."

We have a game-plan now. :) No more looking confused in attack like we haven't played with each other before. 

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

We let like only 3 good chances in those 3 games. Burnley didn't have a shot on target. We are very solid, hardly threaten but surely we lack another creator apart from Hazard.

I think this is very interesting, check it out:

Chelsea have list of English clubs the club 'would not do business with'

Chelsea refuse to loan players to some English clubs after broken promises over first-team action, Bristol City chief operating officer Mark Ashton has claimed.

Tammy Abraham, 18, joined City on a season-long loan at the beginning of August and he has made an immediate impact at Championship level, scoring five goals in his first seven appearances in all competitions.

He is among 38 players that Chelsea have sent out on loan this season, of which 19 are currently registered with clubs in the English football pyramid.

But Ashton says that the Blues' hierarchy took some convincing before allowing one of their most prized academy prospects to join his club, having been stung by previous agreements where English clubs failed to live up to their promises of giving on-loan youngsters regular first team experience.

"At the end of last season, Lee [Johnson, Bristol City manager] went to Chelsea's training ground and presented to [technical director] Michael Emenalo, while I went to Stamford Bridge and met Roman Abramovich's board of directors," Ashton told the Bristol Post

"They had tried these arrangements with English clubs before and, in their words, they hadn't worked. They gave me a list of clubs they would not do business with.

"I asked them to give us Tammy for the season and then judge us on what we do, not what we say. I told them we would show them what we could do and then build a long-term relationship.

"We then did the deal with Chelsea and sorted all of the finances, which were far from straightforward. Then we had to wait for [new Chelsea head coach Antonio] Conte."

Ashton says that the deal was almost scuppered when Conte arrived at Cobham and took an instant liking to the young striker during preseason.

"We had an agreement with Chelsea that, if Tammy came out on loan, it would be to Bristol City," Ashton added. "We had that one in the drawer by the end of June.

"We then brought Tammy and his family in, gave them a tour of Bristol and of the training ground and showed him where he would be living. But Chelsea had to delay, because Conte was coming in. Once he was in, he made it very clear that he liked Tammy Abraham.

"When Tammy went from the Euros [European Under-19 Championship] straight to the U.S. on tour with Chelsea, the feedback we got from Chelsea's directors was that Conte was keen on him. At that stage, we were thinking he might keep him in and not allow us to take him.

"We kept pushing and the player, his family and his representatives kept pushing. Tammy knew that, if he stayed at Chelsea, his game time would be limited. He wanted to come here and play.

"Eventually, I got an email from Chelsea's board saying Conte had agreed to Tammy coming to us. We already had a deal agreed with Chelsea, so Tammy flew straight to Bristol from the U.S. and we did it all the next day."

Abraham, who joined Chelsea's academy at under-8 level and has won two UEFA Youth League titles and two FA Youth Cups in the last two seasons, is regarded as one of the club's brightest homegrown prospects and signed a new contract last October that keeps him at Stamford Bridge until June 2019.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2945800/chelsea-have-list-of-english-clubs-the-club-would-not-do-business-with

Mmm. Interesting. I doubt Bristol Citys Ashton has done himself or Bristol City any favours by disclosing to the local press Chelseas operating system. Both clubs would not be pleased at the disclosure.

As for Abraham, fucking superb player, and hope we get him back next season

Is not much the way the club is running but how uplifting it's to hear that Conte had the say on Tammy. 

If this is true, then it shows the club has been backing the managers and giving them the decision to majority of the comings in and out. 

On 9/8/2016 at 11:47 PM, Fernando said:
Is not much the way the club is running but how uplifting it's to hear that Conte had the say on Tammy. 

If this is true, then it shows the club has been backing the managers and giving them the decision to majority of the comings in and out. 

I think that should have been clear when Mou let our player of the year leave at the drop of the hat among a few other promising players.

21 hours ago, Fernando said:

I think this is very interesting, check it out:

Chelsea have list of English clubs the club 'would not do business with'

Chelsea refuse to loan players to some English clubs after broken promises over first-team action, Bristol City chief operating officer Mark Ashton has claimed.

Tammy Abraham, 18, joined City on a season-long loan at the beginning of August and he has made an immediate impact at Championship level, scoring five goals in his first seven appearances in all competitions.

He is among 38 players that Chelsea have sent out on loan this season, of which 19 are currently registered with clubs in the English football pyramid.

But Ashton says that the Blues' hierarchy took some convincing before allowing one of their most prized academy prospects to join his club, having been stung by previous agreements where English clubs failed to live up to their promises of giving on-loan youngsters regular first team experience.

"At the end of last season, Lee [Johnson, Bristol City manager] went to Chelsea's training ground and presented to [technical director] Michael Emenalo, while I went to Stamford Bridge and met Roman Abramovich's board of directors," Ashton told the Bristol Post

"They had tried these arrangements with English clubs before and, in their words, they hadn't worked. They gave me a list of clubs they would not do business with.

"I asked them to give us Tammy for the season and then judge us on what we do, not what we say. I told them we would show them what we could do and then build a long-term relationship.

"We then did the deal with Chelsea and sorted all of the finances, which were far from straightforward. Then we had to wait for [new Chelsea head coach Antonio] Conte."

Ashton says that the deal was almost scuppered when Conte arrived at Cobham and took an instant liking to the young striker during preseason.

"We had an agreement with Chelsea that, if Tammy came out on loan, it would be to Bristol City," Ashton added. "We had that one in the drawer by the end of June.

"We then brought Tammy and his family in, gave them a tour of Bristol and of the training ground and showed him where he would be living. But Chelsea had to delay, because Conte was coming in. Once he was in, he made it very clear that he liked Tammy Abraham.

"When Tammy went from the Euros [European Under-19 Championship] straight to the U.S. on tour with Chelsea, the feedback we got from Chelsea's directors was that Conte was keen on him. At that stage, we were thinking he might keep him in and not allow us to take him.

"We kept pushing and the player, his family and his representatives kept pushing. Tammy knew that, if he stayed at Chelsea, his game time would be limited. He wanted to come here and play.

"Eventually, I got an email from Chelsea's board saying Conte had agreed to Tammy coming to us. We already had a deal agreed with Chelsea, so Tammy flew straight to Bristol from the U.S. and we did it all the next day."

Abraham, who joined Chelsea's academy at under-8 level and has won two UEFA Youth League titles and two FA Youth Cups in the last two seasons, is regarded as one of the club's brightest homegrown prospects and signed a new contract last October that keeps him at Stamford Bridge until June 2019.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2945800/chelsea-have-list-of-english-clubs-the-club-would-not-do-business-with

Spurs & Everton probably.

Add fucking Napoli to that list too.