The Conte Thread

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/26/antonio-conte-chelsea-kalidou-koulibaly-alessio-romagnoli?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Conte will return to Italy during the international break next week to recharge his batteries having worked non-stop since the

Azzurri linked up to begin their preparations for Euro 2016. “It’s been three months and I’ve worked every day,” he added. “That’s very tough. I had 45 days with the national team, then [had] to start so soon with Chelsea. I think if I have a bit of rest for three or four days, that’s good for me and the team. Good for all.

“Also I deserve a bit of rest. I will stay with my family in Italy, just to rest, to switch off for a few days. To switch off my mind. My mind is full. Very full of football, before with the national team and now completely with Chelsea.”

12 hours ago, Tomo said:

AVB and Jose mark 2 were given months to turn things round and weren't sacked until there was absolutely no choice.

Even if he struggles initially but he's showing signs of promise and you can see a clear blueprint in the direction the club is going under him but some of the players he inherited are holding him back for now (think Poch during his first season at Spurs) I'm pretty sure he will get the time.

If he's one point of relegation at Christmas with the whole squad bar Willian and our reserve keeper suffering the worst form of their careers to date then yes he will be sacked and deservedly so.

See your point Tomo, but theres no logic to when and why staff will be sacked -Carlo, Ray, etc. and I wish I had your certainty that ''he will get the time''

The only certainty so far is the Buckenalo clique keep their positions regardless

15 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

We need defenders, get them. Failure to employ them means heads should roll in the boardroom.

Every job at Chelsea seems cut throat bar for Roman's little army of yes men/women

Club could have bought a defender instead of Batshuayi, they decided to prioritize a striker over a defender. Normally both things should be possible, wonder why not...fresh blood in the management department after some time isn't a bad idea, i guess. But in this case Abramovich is calling the shots, i don't think someone like Emenalo enters the office and advises the man himself not go buy defenders. Don't like 'defending' Emenalo, maybe he vetos, but i think the first possibility is more likely, overall it's a guessing game.

Hopefully he is'nt expected to get into the top four. Even if we bring in a centre back and left back, we've still missed out on the top striker and box to box midfielder we prioritised (and need) at the start of the window

6 minutes ago, drog.ba said:

Hopefully he is'nt expected to get into the top four. Even if we bring in a centre back and left back, we've still missed out on the top striker and box to box midfielder we prioritised (and need) at the start of the window

Of course he's expected to get into the top 4.

I'm confident he'll achieve it too.

Did Conte even watch Burnley against Liverpool?

My patience is wearing thin with his insistence on playing Matic AND Oscar. We're playing a team that will sit and wait for us, and we have three fucking defensive players with Cesc - our only creative player - in the bench, playing at home nonetheless. I don't like comparisons in general, but Mourinho would have been crucified if he had opted for something like this.

I don't know if it's stupidity, stubbornness or any dressing room situation we aren't aware of,but one of these days Diego and Barbshuayi won't be able to rescue us in the eleventh hour because our manager insists on picking the wrong players to have in the pitch. We already have problems with the lack of good players, playing two of our worst players in midfield against a team that won't threaten us has me slamming my head on the wall.

I'm not advocating he should leave, that I'm unhappy with him or anything like that. I'm stating what is obvious to me: Conte has made mistakes in the lineup in all three matches we've played so far and it seems he's learned NOTHING from the previous two (especially against Watford). As if not having top players isn't enough, our coach insists on playing players that won't be needed for their defensive contributions (as if Matic has been contributing to anything, really) and leaving out the slightest spark of creativity we have, playing against a team that will sit and wait for us. 

A massive tongue the back of his sack to all the armchair managers who slagged off Conte for his selections today. He got everything spot on today. Matic looked great, Oscar composed(except for when he thought he was Hazard) and Kante is becoming a king.

Conte for life! Forza.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A massive tongue the back of his sack to all the armchair managers who slagged off Conte for his selections today. He got everything spot on today. Matic looked great, Oscar composed(except for when he thought he was Hazard) and Kante is becoming a king.

Conte for life! Forza.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk