Ivan Perisic

lucio

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

In what way is martial shit? 

No seriously. He is pants. He has all the physical attributes to become a top footballer but he lacks the footballing I.Q that is needed. He is just a powerhouse. 

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

No seriously. He is pants. He has all the physical attributes to become a top footballer but he lacks the footballing I.Q that is needed. He is just a powerhouse. 

the kid is 21 years old and showed great promise even with the terrible twosome of LVG and Jose managing him. I would take him in a heartbeat here. He needs confidence from his coach and steady game time to develop but he has all the makings of a star if given the chance.

What would we do with Martial? Backup/competition to Costa? Yes. First choice striker? No, we can do better. His only other position, where he is considerably worse btw, is already occupied by Hazard. So I don't see a place for him unless he's ready to sit on the bench again and fight for the team when needed, not sulk like he's been doing at Utd.

4 hours ago, manpe said:

What would we do with Martial? Backup/competition to Costa? Yes. First choice striker? No, we can do better. His only other position, where he is considerably worse btw, is already occupied by Hazard. So I don't see a place for him unless he's ready to sit on the bench again and fight for the team when needed, not sulk like he's been doing at Utd.

Hazard - Costa - Martial. Play Martial in that Pedro role. He has all the attributes - good off the ball movement, good dribbler, technically good, great finisher, great speed and acceleration. Martial would be too left field of a signing for Chelsea though, we'd never be that creative/intuitive to buy in Martial to play in Pedro's role. The number 9 shirt (his brand which got swooped by Ibra) is available too. 

12 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Hazard - Costa - Martial. Play Martial in that Pedro role. He has all the attributes - good off the ball movement, good dribbler, technically good, great finisher, great speed and acceleration. Martial would be too left field of a signing for Chelsea though, we'd never be that creative/intuitive to buy in Martial to play in Pedro's role. The number 9 shirt (his brand which got swooped by Ibra) is available too. 

Pedro hasn't done anything not to start or be benched by a kid like Martial who has had an underwhelming season. I don't doubt Martial's quality and potential, but Pedro is currently a better player. I'm not convinced Martial can play the right side. He's only ever really thrived as a striker or on the left. I think right now, the right wing/inside right position is extremely strong with Willian and Pedro. It will take a world class player who primarily plays that position to displace them and there isn't any world class player in that position now (Robben old, Bale crippled), let alone available. 

Also, I prefer Hazard - Martial - Pedro to your suggestion but then again, there are safer and better options to replace Costa. 

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, the wes said:

Would love him as a LWB.

Never going to happen tho. If Man Utd can't get him, there's no chance we can...

• 4 years later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You