test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lucio

Ivan Perisic

Started by lucio,

81 posts in this topic
16 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

But how do we decide which is which? For example, many believe that Alonso was a Conte signing and yet you are describing him as an average player.

I do agree agree with your overall view though. Antonio, just as Jose did in 2014/2015, massively overachieved with the squad at his disposal. His judgement should absolutely be backed.

What I mean is conte seems to be able to take an average player and make them better. The player is still average but the squad is so well drilled and organized that the player has time to concentrate on playing the best he can and with freedom of knowing the whole is where they should be 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

But how do we decide which is which? For example, many believe that Alonso was a Conte signing and yet you are describing him as an average player.

I do agree agree with your overall view though. Antonio, just as Jose did in 2014/2015, massively overachieved with the squad at his disposal. His judgement should absolutely be backed.

And also u can tell Alonso had had so many games this season then look at bats clearly a board signing normally can't get more then 3 mins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to admit I never read any of his printed work but I can't say I've picked up on this in any of his audio/visual output I've come across.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be a decent signing if the price was lower and we didn't have squad fillers like Willian and Pedro already. Otherwise, no real improvement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to go against the grain a little here. I like Perisic.

As @The Skipper and others say however the price is wrong. There's no way we should contemplate paying twenty percent more for twenty-nine year old Perisic, than City paid for twenty-two year old B. Silva.

Price apart, I think he is a player that would get a lot of game time and deepen the squad. As a starting option, he would want to occupy the same areas Eden likes to operate from. I won't worry my ugly big head about that though. That's what I, and a few million others, pay Antonio for. :)

The Skipper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

reports saying they will sell martial if they get perisic. I'd be all over that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Adnane said:

You don't pay Antonio, the club pays him.

 

We all pay him mate, whether we go to games or not.

The club's income derives, in its entirety, from fans. Our club, and all professional clubs, collect money either directly for the various things they sell to us, or they collect it from third parties by selling them our attention. Third parties are prepared to pay huge amounts for our attention because it is valuable to them. Without fans, no income, and no professional football. Nada, zilch.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie
To remove the expression "even those of you who don't attend matches" because, on re-reading, it sounds like an accusation and that's not at all what I meant. Some of us go, some of us don't for various reasons, but we're all equal in this obsession.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, lucio said:

reports saying they will sell martial if they get perisic. I'd be all over that

I would take him in a heartbeat 

lucio likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, lucio said:

reports saying they will sell martial if they get perisic. I'd be all over that

Martial is shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Martial is the shit. 


Fixed that for you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Adnane likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

In what way is martial shit? 

No seriously. He is pants. He has all the physical attributes to become a top footballer but he lacks the footballing I.Q that is needed. He is just a powerhouse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DDA said:

No seriously. He is pants. He has all the physical attributes to become a top footballer but he lacks the footballing I.Q that is needed. He is just a powerhouse. 

the kid is 21 years old and showed great promise even with the terrible twosome of LVG and Jose managing him. I would take him in a heartbeat here. He needs confidence from his coach and steady game time to develop but he has all the makings of a star if given the chance.

The Skipper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would we do with Martial? Backup/competition to Costa? Yes. First choice striker? No, we can do better. His only other position, where he is considerably worse btw, is already occupied by Hazard. So I don't see a place for him unless he's ready to sit on the bench again and fight for the team when needed, not sulk like he's been doing at Utd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, manpe said:

What would we do with Martial? Backup/competition to Costa? Yes. First choice striker? No, we can do better. His only other position, where he is considerably worse btw, is already occupied by Hazard. So I don't see a place for him unless he's ready to sit on the bench again and fight for the team when needed, not sulk like he's been doing at Utd.

Hazard - Costa - Martial. Play Martial in that Pedro role. He has all the attributes - good off the ball movement, good dribbler, technically good, great finisher, great speed and acceleration. Martial would be too left field of a signing for Chelsea though, we'd never be that creative/intuitive to buy in Martial to play in Pedro's role. The number 9 shirt (his brand which got swooped by Ibra) is available too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Hazard - Costa - Martial. Play Martial in that Pedro role. He has all the attributes - good off the ball movement, good dribbler, technically good, great finisher, great speed and acceleration. Martial would be too left field of a signing for Chelsea though, we'd never be that creative/intuitive to buy in Martial to play in Pedro's role. The number 9 shirt (his brand which got swooped by Ibra) is available too. 

Pedro hasn't done anything not to start or be benched by a kid like Martial who has had an underwhelming season. I don't doubt Martial's quality and potential, but Pedro is currently a better player. I'm not convinced Martial can play the right side. He's only ever really thrived as a striker or on the left. I think right now, the right wing/inside right position is extremely strong with Willian and Pedro. It will take a world class player who primarily plays that position to displace them and there isn't any world class player in that position now (Robben old, Bale crippled), let alone available. 

Also, I prefer Hazard - Martial - Pedro to your suggestion but then again, there are safer and better options to replace Costa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.