Swansea v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another 10goals for ie Eden Hazard etc and 10goals less ie Courtois&co and going away to Swansea we would be right in the mix for the title,alas 1 season to 4get,hope Pato and afew others get more Cfcfun,just go out and play blah blah blah

I'm almost concerned that if we win this, we'll be taking an awful lot of momentum into the EL places chase...

Winning the EL next season would guarantee participating in the CL.

Sounds not too bad, we shouldn't throw away easily such opportunities, imo. [emoji4]

11 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Winning the EL next season would guarantee participating in the CL.

Sounds not too bad, we shouldn't throw away easily such opportunities, imo. emoji4.png

Also, Its the perfect building block for the youngsters like RLC, kenedy, traore, Ake, Baba, hopefully musonda and baker too.

2 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

Also, Its the perfect building block for the youngsters like RLC, kenedy, traore, Ake, Baba, hopefully musonda and baker too.

I think if Conte is given the freedom, he would absolutely rely heavily on youth players in the Europa league, if we make it.

‘We have a few injured players so we will bring in some youngsters,’ said Hiddink.

John Terry is still not available, he has a little problem with his Achilles like last week. He’s been on the training pitch, doing his exercises, but he’s not fully recovered. Costa is out (suspended), as you know, Hazard is out, Matic will be out and Remy is out. Nevertheless we will bring in some youngsters as we did last week.’

Loic Remy started the game at Villa Park but was forced out of the action very early on.

‘I don’t know when he will be recovered,’ said Hiddink. ‘It’s a groin problem but it will last. When you have that problem you cannot train properly.’

In the absence of the Frenchman and Diego Costa, a decision is still to be made on who will start up front at the Liberty Stadium.

Bertrand Traore, Falcao and Pato, who scored on his debut last weekend, will all be hoping to get the nod.

‘We’ll see,’ said Hiddink. ‘We had only a few strikers in December and January because apart from Diego Costa they were all injured.

Traore wasn’t strongly knocking on the door at that time, and now we have strikers who must compete for the position. Who will start tomorrow? You will see tomorrow.’

The Blues boss said Nemanja Matic has severe bruising on his lower leg, although he hopes to have the Serbian available for selection next week, while there was slightly more positive news concerning Gary Cahill.

‘We’ll see this afternoon, we’ll do a test to see if he’s fit,’ Hiddink explained. ‘It’s a bit of a tendon problem in his hip. He trained yesterday and we’ll see how he reacts to what was an intense session.’

At the beginning of the week it was announced Antonio Conte would be taking over as First Team Head Coach at the culmination of Euro 2016, where he will be in charge of Italy, and Hiddink provided his reaction to the appointment.

‘It’s the choice of the club and when you look at his record he had a good spell at Juventus, where he won the title in Italy,’ he said.

‘That’s always good because this club is always keen to play for titles. It’s a big job regardless of the circumstances Chelsea have been in this year. He is equipped, able and used to the pressure which is always on at big clubs to win titles.

‘He was presented on Monday and requested to come and meet and shake hands with the players. Everyone met very briefly on Tuesday

15 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Guus adds that he will again play a number of our young players. #CFC

I read that Kasey Palmer, Ola Aina and Charlie Colkett traveled with the squad.

You see, that's something I don't like. I'm all for promoting youngsters but don't do this just for the sake of it. The worst thing is wasting this opportunity and give another plethora of adolescents a debut.

You have to choose a couple of players and try to establish them. You can't promote them all. But 1-2 youngsters each 2 years is doable and focus on them, give them every chance you have to these exact players. If you spread the minutes over multiple players then what's the point ? Same old and players like RLC, Traore and Kenedy are treated light-hearted and not serious as they place can be easly taken by another youngsters. They have to play as much to be considered a true first team players and not youngsters anymore.

Look, even Mourinho as far as I remember gave debut to 18 youngsters (!!!) during his time in Real and we know how well he promotes youth. It was giving debuts just for the sake of it as no one was then seriously considered for selection (apart from Morata).

Ok, maybe giving Colkett a spot ahead of this season Matic is good but that's an exception.

It should be fun to see how the younger players fare today, against a far better opposition than Aston Villa.

A win would be great, especially with games against Man City and Spurs to come.

RLC as a #10 really ?! Wow!? After all that moan about how Oscar is a nothing player and now we have the least creative youngster we've got as a #10? 

Btw I know Oscar is not a 10-given up trying to convince people that the number in his back is actually 8 and that the sky is usually blue.