Gianluigi Donnarumma

milka

Chelsea have identified AC Milan's 17-year-old goalkeeper, Gianluigi Donnarumma, as a top target if they decide to sell Thibaut Courtois this summer.

Courtois this week refused to commit himself to the Barclays Premier League club and is being tracked by Real Madrid, who are in the market for a new No 1.

The La Liga club failed to sign Manchester United’s David De Gea last summer and are interested in Courtois, who knows the Spanish capital well after spending three years on loan

Chelsea will turn to Donnarumma, who only turned 17 in February but has made 22 appearances in Serie A this season, if Courtois does swap Stamford Bridge for the Bernabeu.

Antonio Conte is favourite to become Chelsea's next manager and admires the Italian teenager, who has already been compared to legendary goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon.

His agent, Mino Raiola, said in November he thought his client was worth £120million but Chelsea would likely offer closer to £30m. 

Raiola and Conte know each other after the former worked as an intermediary in negotiations when the latter almost became Milan manager before he was appointed Italy boss instead in 2014.

Milan, who sit sixth in Serie A, know Donnarumma is wanted and will struggle to hold on to the starlet if clubs come calling.
Chelsea could face competition from Manchester United for the Italy Under-21 international, however, if Madrid make another move for De Gea.
But that is unlikely after they were left frustrated when their £29m move fell through on the final day of last summer's transfer window.

gianluigi-donnarumma-milan-foto-divulgac3a7c3a3o-facebook-milan.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, milka said:

Chelsea have identified AC Milan's 17-year-old goalkeeper, Gianluigi Donnarumma, as a top target if they decide to sell Thibaut Courtois this summer.

Courtois this week refused to commit himself to the Barclays Premier League club and is being tracked by Real Madrid, who are in the market for a new No 1.

The La Liga club failed to sign Manchester United’s David De Gea last summer and are interested in Courtois, who knows the Spanish capital well after spending three years on loan

Chelsea will turn to Donnarumma, who only turned 17 in February but has made 22 appearances in Serie A this season, if Courtois does swap Stamford Bridge for the Bernabeu.

Antonio Conte is favourite to become Chelsea's next manager and admires the Italian teenager, who has already been compared to legendary goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon.

His agent, Mino Raiola, said in November he thought his client was worth £120million but Chelsea would likely offer closer to £30m. 

Raiola and Conte know each other after the former worked as an intermediary in negotiations when the latter almost became Milan manager before he was appointed Italy boss instead in 2014.

Milan, who sit sixth in Serie A, know Donnarumma is wanted and will struggle to hold on to the starlet if clubs come calling.
Chelsea could face competition from Manchester United for the Italy Under-21 international, however, if Madrid make another move for De Gea.
But that is unlikely after they were left frustrated when their £29m move fell through on the final day of last summer's transfer window.

gianluigi-donnarumma-milan-foto-divulgac3a7c3a3o-facebook-milan.png

I would buy him and loan him out like we did with courtios and have begovic has are no1 for next season 

22 hours ago, the wes said:

I would buy him and loan him out like we did with courtios and have begovic has are no1 for next season 

Put yourself in his position, he's 17 years old and has just broken into the team he supports who also happens to be one of the biggest clubs in the world, would you give that up too sign for a club you got no affiliation for then get loaned out to wherever?

We got no chance with this one even if w make him immediate #1

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

Put yourself in his position, he's 17 years old and has just broken into the team he supports who also happens to be one of the biggest clubs in the world, would you give that up too sign for a club you got no affiliation for then get loaned out to wherever?

We got no chance with this one even if w make him immediate #1

We would have a chance if we make him nr. 1 right away, but being loaned out is not something I imagine him wanting.

27 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

We would have a chance if we make him nr. 1 right away, but being loaned out is not something I imagine him wanting.

Can't see him even accepting that, he is a mad childhood Milan fan, I'll be amazed if he ever leaves. 

Can't see him even accepting that, he is a mad childhood Milan fan, I'll be amazed if he ever leaves. 

Not yet anyway. He'll be there for a few years to develop which would be the right decision IMO.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Not yet anyway. He'll be there for a few years to develop which would be the right decision IMO.

I can't see him ever going unless he is a grade A mercenary or Milan get into deep financial shit that his sale can ease them out off.

Furthermore it's only a matter of time before AC are back dining at the top, they are too big a club for it not too happen, and when they are what motivation will he have to leave? A childhood Milan fan with his spot in the team under lock and key for two decades (if he develops as expected), he will have a chance to be up with Maldini in legend status.

If Courtois goes we will have to look elsewhere for a keeper cause this one is a complete non starter and always will be.

I can't see him ever going unless he is a grade A mercenary or Milan get into deep financial shit that his sale can ease them out off.

Furthermore it's only a matter of time before AC are back dining at the top, they are too big a club for it not too happen, and when they are what motivation will he have to leave? A childhood Milan fan with his spot in the team under lock and key for two decades (if he develops as expected), he will have a chance to be up with Maldini in legend status.

If Courtois goes we will have to look elsewhere for a keeper cause this one is a complete non starter and always will be.

Their own and president can decide at any moment to cash in. I doubt it will happen now with the recent investment, but anything can happen while Berlusconi is still around.

To say he could possibly be a one club man in his teens is stretching it

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Their own and president can decide at any moment to cash in. I doubt it will happen now with the recent investment, but anything can happen while Berlusconi is still around.

To say he could possibly be a one club man in his teens is stretching it

Some players you can just tell are likely to be that way inclined, Jack Wilshire being another.

13 hours ago, Tomo said:

Rooney was mad childhood Everton fan but it didn't stop him from joining utd 

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

Some players you can just tell are likely to be that way inclined, Jack Wilshire being another.

If Wilshere would be good instead of injured all the time, he would be out of arsenal long time ago.

• 1 year later...

I think he would be a fantastic signing. Already world-class, and at the age where we could have him for 15+ years. A £62M release clause isn't cheap, but quality keepers are rare, and if Courtois goes, we need a fine replacement if we are to remain in contention for the very top honours. For me, this guy would be perfect.

11 hours ago, nathangeorge99 said:

I think he would be a fantastic signing. Already world-class, and at the age where we could have him for 15+ years. A £62M release clause isn't cheap, but quality keepers are rare, and if Courtois goes, we need a fine replacement if we are to remain in contention for the very top honours. For me, this guy would be perfect.

He’s nowhere near world class class. He’s a very good young player but people are getting carried away extremely Italians, he has shown just as many weaknesses since breaking into the Milan team as strengths, these world class tags are getting more ridiculous.He will undoubtedly grow into a top top player eventually at any club but he is not world class because if he was he would have already displaced Gigi Buffon as Italy’s number 1. That’s the stark reality of it. Buffon is a great goalkeeper (but think he’s no longer one of the best out there) but he is 40 y/o realistically if Italy had any world class goalkeepers they’d have replaced him. 

I think he’d be a very good long term replacement for Courtois if he left but don’t think he’s near the level of which many people think. He’ll grow into one of the best goalkeepers of his generation if not the best if he continues to play every week but honestly it could take him the next 3-4 seasons minimum to reach those heights.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You