• Oscar
    • Clarke-Salter

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"It's good to see Loftus-Cheek, Clarke-Salter and Miazga coming in. We cannot win anything, which makes it easier. It's good to see how they deal with the pressure. I always like to bring in youngsters and now we have the rest of the season to do it more frequently."

-Guus

No, we should indeed care that Vila is a horrible side, otherwise we don't have to buy anyone for next season.

yes we did our duty, but don't take too much out of it. You can actually analyse the players' performances taking into account how much space they had; but even then it is tricky, because some players react differently to tighter marking and that's what we care the most about at this level.

Good to see some of the youngsters get a game though, but this was too easy even for Pato.

3 hours ago, Robguima said:

No, we should indeed care that Vila is a horrible side, otherwise we don't have to buy anyone for next season.

yes we did our duty, but don't take too much out of it. You can actually analyse the players' performances taking into account how much space they had; but even then it is tricky, because some players react differently to tighter marking and that's what we care the most about at this level.

Good to see some of the youngsters get a game though, but this was too easy even for Pato.

Of course it has to be put into account (how bad Villa are) but they still have to be beaten and 4-0 away from home is still impressive.

To put it in perspective out of the current top teams in the league Leicester and City dropped points there, Arsenal and Spurs "only" won 2-0 and United by one.

Also the last two teams in this league that were this bad were Derby 07/08 and Sunderland 05/06, with superior squads we made a meal out of winning the away games vs these teams.

Of course no judgement on anything should be made on this, but it was an impressive result regardless.

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

Of course it has to be put into account (how bad Villa are) but they still have to be beaten and 4-0 away from home is still impressive.

To put it in perspective out of the current top teams in the league Leicester and City dropped points there, Arsenal and Spurs "only" won 2-0 and United by one.

Also the last two teams in this league that were this bad were Derby 07/08 and Sunderland 05/06, with superior squads we made a meal out of winning the away games vs these teams.

Of course no judgement on anything should be made on this, but it was an impressive result regardless.

Different conditions... different time. You just cannot establish a strong correlation with so many variables.

Let me just strongly disagree that this was an impressive result. For me beating City one nil would hav been 10x as impressive as beating Vila by any margin. And yes, I believe if we played City 10 times with this crop of players we'd lose 9. 

perhaps it was a particular bad game for them., who knows? I thought Vila did not press our midfield at all... they looked scattered on the pitch.

Good to see we are not a completely useless side. 15 league games unbeaten now - that's the longest managed by anyone this season and funnily enough, we're just 1 away from equaling our unbeaten streak of last season.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Good to see we are not a completely useless side. 15 league games unbeaten now - that's the longest managed by anyone this season and funnily enough, we're just 1 away from equaling our unbeaten streak of last season.

Yes, but I prefer to have a mixture of wins and losses than to draw that many games. We could've been close to Southhampton or ManUtd by now...

Well, not that it would ultimately make a difference, but it's sad we have 44 points after 31 matches.

7 hours ago, Rmpr said:

Yes, but I prefer to have a mixture of wins and losses than to draw that many games. We could've been close to Southhampton or ManUtd by now...

Well, not that it would ultimately make a difference, but it's sad we have 44 points after 31 matches.

That true but we have drew 8 under Guus four wins and four in the would have us four more points which would probably still be too late for top 4.

Also an unbeaten run even with a lot of draws can build positive momentum, if we can keep that record till the end it would be a good boost for Conte to come in too, we saw how Spurs subtly built up momentum with an unbeaten run (despite a lot of draws) back last year, so hopefully we can benefit similar eventually.

9 hours ago, Rmpr said:

I don't disagree with you. Was just looking at the positives in this s*** season!

It's a shame we are so low in the table.
I don't see anyone who is really better.
Spurs are good (for a Spurs team), Leicester are popular but they play catenazio from the deepest days of catenazio.
Anyway after Spurs it's the chaos, and we connot even make it to the Europa league.
What a rotten season.