Leonardo Bonucci

the wes

If he was going to leave Juventus he would of already done so last summer I think. I doubt he'll be going anywhere, which is a shame because he is an excellent center back, one of the best out there but I think his ties with Juventus are too strong regardless of him falling out with the manager earlier in the season. If he was somehow to be available he would be an exquisite signing even at 29 years old. 

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a slight chance here. Could be persuaded into a PL adventure after dominating Italian football in the form of six (!) consecutive Serie A titles. If he wins the CL title, he'll have won everything there is to win with Juve. If he doesn't win, chances are against him winning it with this old Juve team. Losing two finals is very painful as well.

Juve already have Chiellini, Barzagli, Rugani, new boy Caldara and Benatia in their ranks. Both Rugani and Caldara are considered as huge talents in Italy. If serious money is offered for Bonucci, I imagine they'd be tempted to take it.

If Conte were to pay Bonucci a visit after the season is done and sell him the Chelsea project (I can only hope aiming to win the CL within the next three years is Chelsea's objective), I'm sure he'd appreciate that. Have him come over to Cobham as well and try to charm the **** out of him. Big three year contract... If he doesn't like the weather, try to convince by telling him he can always go back to Italy after a few years at Chels. Rumours of Pirlo joining the staff, that would help. Sure the likes of Vialli and Ancelotti could put in a good word as well.

Odds are slim but it's not entirely impossible. Depends on how aggressively Chels would pursue him. These are the type of signings that will make other top players want to join your club. And make sure Belotti is on that same private jet to London as well.

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Some news that we are after him. 

Might happen this time, losing a final like that might give the club and players a different mind to change up the squad. 

In the back three what position would you give him?? 

4 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Take over Cahill of course. 

The most limited player in that line up. 

I would push Luiz into Gary cahill position and let Bonucci play center of the back three

7 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Take over Cahill of course. 

The most limited player in that line up. 

As much as I want Bonucci (and its ALOT) he has always played the Center of the 3, Luiz has shown he is a liability anywhere besides the center. I don't think Bonucci will come here to be playing as LCB (where his partner Chiellini is a maestro) he could be the link to get us back to 4 at the back but with our current system of 3 CB's id be hard pressed to play Bonucci out of position and even more concerned about Luiz kicking out to one of the sides.

I have the same concerns with Christensen but he hasn't played in the same position for as long as Bonucci so he could be trained for it easier perhaps.

@the wes:was writing when you posted, you would trust Luiz on the outside? Didn't we try that with Terry in the middle and it didn't go so well (genuine question, i am not sure)?

Absolutely zero chance they'd sell him, surely? Or that he would want to leave the best side in Italy where he's a huge part of them.

Just sounds like a lazy media link after we missed out on Van Dijk. 

2 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

@the wes:was writing when you posted, you would trust Luiz on the outside? Didn't we try that with Terry in the middle and it didn't go so well (genuine question, i am not sure)?

I would trust Luiz out there than I do with cahill at least with Luiz he's good playing the ball out from the back cahill makes me a nervous wreck when he plays the ball out from the back 

Just now, the wes said:

I would trust Luiz out there than I do with cahill at least with Luiz he's good playing the ball out from the back cahill makes me a nervous wreck when he plays the ball out from the back 

my concern isnt going forward, it is the defending bit that troubles me.

1 minute ago, mashimaru161 said:

Since when do we bite anything the sun feeds us?

I didn't know it's The Sun. In that case I'm glad it's The Sun means its bollocks :D

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You