• Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Costa
    • Traore (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)

2 hours ago, Kieran. said:

Yeah stupid Hiddink! Fucking moron! What a joke! Fuck this old fuck who knows nothing about football!

Please do us all a favor and shut the fuck up.

Thanks Kieran....Haven't laughed  as much at a reply in ages :D By the way, I agree with you

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a better squad than us, that's obvious. But the one player that I absolutely loved in these two legs was LUCAS. Unbelievable midfielder. So fast and dangerous, everytime he had the ball.

Either Hiddink's strategy was correct and PSG are not that great, or PSG is a superior side and our strategy was the wrong one.

Because there is ONLY one way to play against a better team and that was NOT what Hiddink did. You don't play against a better team with kennedy as LB and with two CMs who can't tackle to save their lives. That's just crazy.

I am talking about solidity... about stopping the opponent and disrupting their play constantly. About not conceding when you know your chance is to score a goal without conceding. It sucks playing that way, but it does increase your chances against better opponents.

I digress though - Hiddink is obviously a genius who has turned pub players into PL champions... no wait that's Leicester.

The problem being is Mikel is supposedly our best CDM right now and with all due respect he has been good but when you are up against that midfield of PSG you actually start to see the mass frailty within our ranks and see people like Mikel exposed for what they really are.

This is the point I am making about this summers transfer activity. We need to bring in top quality players and rid the club of Mikel, Oscar, Cahill, Rahman, Matic, Falcao, Remy, Pato and Pedro and bring not just top quality first team players but also fresh players that can being very good squad players. Look at that Lucas Moura on Wednesday, he was so fucking dynamic and dangerous, we can't handle those players because the players that come face to face with them for us are limited and average.

11 hours ago, Robguima said:

Either Hiddink's strategy was correct and PSG are not that great, or PSG is a superior side and our strategy was the wrong one.

Because there is ONLY one way to play against a better team and that was NOT what Hiddink did. You don't play against a better team with kennedy as LB and with two CMs who can't tackle to save their lives. That's just crazy.

I am talking about solidity... about stopping the opponent and disrupting their play constantly. About not conceding when you know your chance is to score a goal without conceding. It sucks playing that way, but it does increase your chances against better opponents.

I digress though - Hiddink is obviously a genius who has turned pub players into PL champions... no wait that's Leicester.

Mou was heavily criticized for playing like that last year, when PSG were left with ten.
Anyway, they scored against organized defense - or what looked like organized defense. They did not break away.
In my opinion chance playead a big part. Chance might have favoured Chelsea - like in the 3-3 against Everton in the league.
PSG were better though especially in the 2nd half of the first leg.

14 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Mou was heavily criticized for playing like that last year, when PSG were left with ten.
Anyway, they scored against organized defense - or what looked like organized defense. They did not break away.
In my opinion chance playead a big part. Chance might have favoured Chelsea - like in the 3-3 against Everton in the league.
PSG were better though especially in the 2nd half of the first leg.

Always thought Jose was criticized for always using a low block, not for being defensive.

reckon you can play very high on the pitch and still employ defensive minded players like Ramires for ex.

it is not about hitting us on the break or not - that's about high block. I refer to the type of players in the starting xi and their characteristics - not very defensive.

imo bad strategy

35 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Always thought Jose was criticized for always using a low block, not for being defensive.

reckon you can play very high on the pitch and still employ defensive minded players like Ramires for ex.

it is not about hitting us on the break or not - that's about high block. I refer to the type of players in the starting xi and their characteristics - not very defensive.

imo bad strategy

The law block in the 0-0 against Atletico in Madrid worked brilliantly.
In that match we did not even visit their area - only the Luiz free kick towards the end.
You win in the swings, you lose in the roundabouts.
It's a derby match and one is not entitled to win all derby matches.
But I 'm generally unhappy first because we won't see CL for the best part of two years (and are we going to see Europa ??) and second because even if went through against PSG, the pundits say we were good enough only for Wolfsburgh.

4 hours ago, cosmicway said:

The law block in the 0-0 against Atletico in Madrid worked brilliantly.
In that match we did not even visit their area - only the Luiz free kick towards the end.
You win in the swings, you lose in the roundabouts.
It's a derby match and one is not entitled to win all derby matches.
But I 'm generally unhappy first because we won't see CL for the best part of two years (and are we going to see Europa ??) and second because even if went through against PSG, the pundits say we were good enough only for Wolfsburgh.

Heh it's the second time in a row they beat us and soundly. Looks like a trend.

So we need to do something so it doesn't become routine/status quo.

a good example of high block defensive side was Corinthians who beat us after we won CL.

benitez rotated too much though.