• Oscar
    • Traore
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Baba Rahman (sub)

4 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Bitch please, Cech was beaten by 18 year old, school teenager. Twice.

Not at his near post again though, and he wasn't literally passing the ball to manutd at every kick 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite possibly the worst half of football I can remember this season in terms of effort. We literally stopped playing. Pretty alarming as well how easily a relegation favorite like Norwich can keep the ball against us and not let us have a sniff. We also made Redman look like fucking in-form Marcelo, ffs.

Like the commentators kept saying over and over we just sat on the 2-0 lead and tried to coast through without exerting ourselves and it nearly bit us in the ass. It was Mourinho-esque. When teams press us and get physical our guys can't deal with it.

Happy with the 3 points obviously, but can't even pick a Man of the Match tbh.

1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

Not at his near post again though, and he wasn't literally passing the ball to manutd at every kick 

Doesn't change the fact that you could choose anyone to confront with Courtois but you choose Cech who is far from perfect. And his distribution is shit as well, I know it from few matches I watched :ph34r:

I want to know what happened with Kenedy and why he was substituded. If it was because he was tired/Baba is better in defence then alright. If it was because of the goal then WTF since Iva also made a mistake for the goal. Also spotted Kenedy and Redmond fighting a little just before.

Also, what happened at the Chelsea bench? Some arguments between supporters and players/coaches?

9 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Doesn't change the fact that you could choose anyone to confront with Courtois but you choose Cech who is far from perfect. And his distribution is shit as well, I know it from few matches I watched :ph34r:

Cech is no neuer but he's far better than Courtois in distribution. I don't think you realize how bad Courtois is at distributing the ball. 

He's also so slow at closing down people at his near post. Every single time a goal sneaks in.

Courtois needs to have a man of the match performance while keeping a clean sheet. He can play so well but always ends up conceding somehow, very frustrating. 

What a weird substitiutions. Traore was giving his pace and effort even when he was a bit in the shadow in offense but manager took him off and pressing fell off completely. On top of that Mikel and Matic who hardly cooperates but are good in disrupting each other. And then typical inability to execute a simple bit of footballing action, first touch maybe, or pass or whatever, in the last 10-15 minutes (isn't that a trademark or Chelsea since about 2011 ?). Almost lost points to this lot, unheard of. It looks like this improvement lives on the edge, because there are spells when Chelsea look clueless, without a shape and idea. But funny thing, it's completely irrelevant considering summer revamp, a bit of luck is here and a bit of decisions going our way, carefree and get that luck into the cups.

22 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Cech is no neuer but he's far better than Courtois in distribution. I don't think you realize how bad Courtois is at distributing the ball. 

He's also so slow at closing down people at his near post. Every single time a goal sneaks in.

Courtois needs to have a man of the match performance while keeping a clean sheet. He can play so well but always ends up conceding somehow, very frustrating. 

I think Cech and Courtois are worth each other. Don't tell me that Cech's distrubution is better because I watched +400 games of his and I know it really isn't because I was shouting in front of my monitor/TV screen at Cech's distrubtion, really it was something that was getting me mad for so long. Hmm at the moment maybe it is better because Thibaut is dropping in every aspect but I wasn't reading that his play from the back was a major problem back in Atletico days. Generally speaking, Courtois regressed this season and he is at the moment just your typical good goalkeeper but next season is crucial anyway. We know how brilliant he may be and nothing changes the fact that he was Ballon D'Or nominee as a goalkeeper while not doing fancy moves ala Neuer. Those sighs towards Cech should stop as Cech was a liability in 2007 and 2008 but someone want to forget that and because he isn't that good now anyway.

Deliberate slow motion against Norwich.
With Ranieri out of breath only Spurs now play a little.
The others are 1/2 - 1 class below Chelsea.
Pity - we shed so much tears in these boards - worse than 1978 when we were totally depleted and relegated.

ps: Pato ?

5 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

I don't know if it's because of the previous injury but, 

Cech >>>> Courtois 

And it's not close 

3 wins in a row :cool: ? 

personally, I think it was foolish to let Cech go in order to make Courtois the number 1 permanently, but we'll see next season.  

Survived. Went cruise control way too early and some really odd substitutions by Guus as many have pointed out. Honestly, I probably would have rested Costa for Traore.

We had some chances to make it easy on ourselves. but just misfired.

Still, we got the three points and moving along. We will not be at our absolute best each and every game and a sign of a good team, regardless of the competition, is when you can play sort of meh and still get the result.

Overall we are continuing to play better if you look at 3 or 6 game stretches.

Come on you Chelsea!!

Poor does not even begin to describe all this. only positives were traore and kenedy. Currently i would choose kenedy over hazard who cant shoot, pass, hold on to the ball.

For the PSG game, i would choose begovic. courtois is in a rut.

Just watching the highlights, blood, blood everywhere. Glad Willian survived that clash.

Great strike from Kenedy, the next Marcelo, lol.

Funny to see Oscar, Cesc and Hazard double check to see the linesman when Costa got the ball and when the ball going in.

Great result just a sour taste about how easily we allow these teams to come at us and dominate us. We started off with such a high and brilliant tempo but we got really lazy and our passing was woeful for long periods.

Delighted with the win and league position but we must really sharpen up, both mentally and physically.