Alessio Romagnoli

the wes

Mirror.. Express.. 

I don't care if we don't get Romagnoli as long as we are active in the market, we should get a defender who's available. How can you blame the club if the other clubs don't want to sell their players? 

And I guess you were trying to be funny at the end? I would have laughed if it was funny. 

I blame the club for taking action to late again. Like last year. Just a week left in the window and still nothing.

I have already said multiple times that we cannot blame the club for the fact that Napoli, Everton, Milan you name them don't want to sell their players. But I think we can blame them for the fact that it is the 25th of august and now they start panicking with buying players like last year and we all know how that worked out.

I really don't want to annoy my fellow Chelsea fans. I'm also not frustrated like the Arsenal fans on Arsenal Fan TV. I'm critical at the club's current situation. And I think all of us, after seeing our beloved club ending tenth, have the permission to do so. Cheers. And sorry if I was too abusive to you with that last line. I don't want to fight with fellow Chelsea fans.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame the club for taking action too late again. Like last year. Just a week left in the window and still nothing.

I have already said multiple times that we cannot blame the club for the fact that Napoli, Everton, Milan you name them don't want to sell their players. But I think we can blame them for the fact that it is the 25th of august and now they start panicking with buying players like last year and we all know how that worked out.

I really don't want to annoy my fellow Chelsea fans. I'm also not frustrated like the Arsenal fans on Arsenal Fan TV. I'm critical at the club's current situation. And I think all of us, after seeing our beloved club ending tenth, have the permission to do so. Cheers. And sorry if I was too abusive to you with that last line. I don't want to fight with fellow Chelsea fans.

29 minutes ago, RuudiGullit said:

I blame the club for taking action to late again. Like last year. Just a week left in the window and still nothing.

Pretty classy reply at the end for apologising. I am sure if you be like this around here, people will like you and not oppose to everything you say. I personally would want to see you tone down that negativity a bit. Keep calm and trust Conte and Roman. :)

The truth is that 4 or 5 players in our starting lineup right now aren't even top 4 level any more. Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Matic are all very poor and have been poor for some time now. The calm on here is amusing given the amount of players needed and the club's ineptness in procuring them at a time when our rivals have strengthened so heavily.

1 minute ago, nono said:

The truth is that 4 or 5 players in our starting lineup right now aren't even top 4 level any more. Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Matic are all very poor and have been poor for some time now. The calm on here is amusing given the amount of players needed and the club's ineptness in procuring them at a time when our rivals have strengthened so heavily.

I agree with you on the defense part, for Matic, he is getting accustomed to the new boss' system and I would want to give him a chance, especially after last season where he wasn't fairly treated by Mourinho in all honesty. We have Zouma out too who is a beast so there's Cahill out of our preferred 11. That's why the people, including myself, are calling for 2 signings, a full back and a CB and you have hit the nail right on the head too since you are right about these positions. But it seems like the club is aware of the situation and figuring out ways to strengthen these positions and all we can do is keep calm.

Exactly. I'm also pretty amazed by the fact that a lot of users here poke fun at me when I'm also ranting about this. I know I might be too emotional and everything, but I seriously doubt us getting top 4 with this squad.

I really, really thought the club was going to get rid of all the firewood players in our squad, as you mentioned. Going in a new direction with Conte. Shake off all skeletons left by José and so forth. But nothing has really changed so far. And I'm pretty disappointed by that fact.

EDIT:

a38ceb37b53432ccd39020629ba9a7c9.jpg

4 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

I agree with you on the defense part, for Matic, he is getting accustomed to the new boss' system and I would want to give him a chance, especially after last season where he wasn't fairly treated by Mourinho in all honesty. We have Zouma out too who is a beast so there's Cahill out of our preferred 11. That's why the people, including myself, are calling for 2 signings, a full back and a CB and you have hit the nail right on the head too since you are right about these positions. But it seems like the club is aware of the situation and figuring out ways to strengthen these positions and all we can do is keep calm.

I know it's desperately unfair when a player performing absolutely uselessly gets dropped. This nonsense with Matic has been going on for 18 months. In fact it is possible that we were all blind to the truth and that it has been going on for much longer.

There is a long-standing supporter who was a big fan of Mickey Droy back in the day. He argued all along that Matic was being overrated by all of us. I was one of many who did not, or would not, see his point. What's more, I have no excuse having myself been unimpressed with Matic before he joined first time around, or while he was here during that first spell.

Speaking personally, I think I made the mistake of judging  Matic on his form, rather than on his actual attributes and abilities.  I excused myself for having been 'wrong'  initially by saying that Matic was now playing in a different position and  so should be judged differently. Well played to that Mickey Droy fan  for seeing through the fog and the hype. 

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I know it's desperately unfair when a player performing absolutely uselessly gets dropped. This nonsense with Matic has been going on for 18 months. In fact it is possible that we were all blind to the truth and that it has been going on for much longer.

There is a long-standing supporter who was a big fan of Mickey Droy back in the day. He argued all along that Matic was being overrated by all of us. I was one of many who did not, or would not, see his point. What's more, I have no excuse having myself been unimpressed with Matic before he joined first time around, or while he was here during that first spell.

Speaking personally, I think I made the mistake of judging  Matic on his form, rather than on his actual attributes and abilities.  I excused myself for having been 'wrong'  initially by saying that Matic was now playing in a different position and  so should be judged differently. Well played to that Mickey Droy fan  for seeing through the fog and the hype. 

Are you also on cfcnet?

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Damm.. I thought I would not see "Droy Was My Hero" anywhere but cfcnet. Have you also read his opinions about Ramires, and Mike being world class?. Or the constant disregard for the facts that contest his opinions? It's just one guys opinion..not so bright one at that.

You're not Droy in disguise by any chance, are you?

On 8/22/2016 at 1:58 PM, RuudiGullit said:

They got this new Chinese owners so they don't need the money. 

Already saw many reports stating Milan got him completely off the market. Not happening. 

the take over wont happen for months yet and they need players NOW, which means they need money NOW

43 minutes ago, Diego said:

Our transfer window continues to be a laughing stock. We're just going to have to accept the fact that Roman doesn't have as much money to throw around on transfers as he did in the past. With the strength of our youth team over the last 3 years and all the players we have on loan, you'll think we'll at least have produced our own defenders for the 1st team by no

It's very possible we end up with no defenders or with an overpriced average one that is no better than what we already have. Either way, we're fucked. Let's not forget that once upon a time, we had Filipe Luis and we just loaned Rahman. Christensen is also on loan. 

Our transfer window continues to be a laughing stock. We're just going to have to accept the fact that Roman doesn't have as much money to throw around on transfers as he did in the past. With the strength of our youth team over the last 3 years and all the players we have on loan, you'll think we'll at least have produced our own defenders for the 1st team by no

It's very possible we end up with no defenders or with an overpriced average one that is no better than what we already have. Either way, we're fucked. Let's not forget that once upon a time, we had Filipe Luis and we just loaned Rahman. Christensen is also on loan. 

I've been saying this aswell. Only 6 days left and there is still no new defender, left-back whatever we need to strengthen the defence line. It's a disgrace. We all know we need fresh blood on almost all positions, mostly our defence. The club had a whole year to sort it out.That a club like Chelsea still haven't sorted this out is is an utter disgrace and embarrassing. My deepest respect for people who don't mind about this. They might've forgotten that we ended 10th last season.

53 minutes ago, hannibal said:

Damm.. I thought I would not see "Droy Was My Hero" anywhere but cfcnet. Have you also read his opinions about Ramires, and Mike being world class?. Or the constant disregard for the facts that contest his opinions? It's just one guys opinion..not so bright one at that.

You're not Droy in disguise by any chance, are you?

Me, Droy in disguise? Read my opinions about Mikel. ?

Having said that, assuming no further squad changes by the time the window closes, I expect Mikael will work his way back into the lineup.  Matic is a problem. A problem made larger by the apparent promises Antonio has made to him. Still promises, or no promises Mikel will see game time.

There is no doubt we need to upgrade our defenders but if it is a choice between new defenders and new CMs, I go for new CMs. Better central midfielders will improve our team and our defence. Better defenders will still find themselves exposed and coming under constant pressure because of our front six.of course improving both is the best answer along with new AM thrown in there as well.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You